Delta to send A330s to VS?

WOW, with DL having already gotten rid of NWA's 747's, and now going to 'ship' NWA's A-330's (assuming DL means ALL the 330's), then they'll have Even LESS  Jumbo Jets !

Sorry, my vision of a True JUMBO JET is NOT any model of a 767 !

A  " AA / UA / BA / AF / LH / KL "....DL will NEVER Be !

I'm sure you are seeing "visions"
You really need to get that checked
74's are still flying
A350 is coming next year
And Delta is not farming out the A330
Again, get the help you so desperately need.

Reactions: 1 person
FrugalFlyerv2.0 said:
I thought the 787-8 would be a perfect replacement for DLs 767s
From a purely physical size standpoint, yes, the 787-8 would replace the 763s.

But from a practical standpoint, the 787-9 is a better replacement for the 763s. Why? Because of the advent of all-aisle access flat beds in J. All-aisle access flat beds take up a lot of floor space.

Another reason the 787-9 will be a better 763 replacement is the advent of premium economy, which will require more floor space.

Long ago I predicted that the 787-8 would be the "762" of the 787 family, and I still believe it. Once fitted with 25-30 lie-flat J seats plus premium economy, the 787 just won't seat enough passengers to make it worth paying the 3-4 pilots and 8-10 FAs for long-haul flights. If you're going to pay 3-4 pilots and 8-10 FAs, might as well put them on a larger 787-9 and sell another 3-4 dozen main cabin seats.

BABABOOY said:
I'm sure you are seeing "visions"
You really need to get that checked
74's are still flying
A350 is coming next year
And Delta is not farming out the A330
Again, get the help you so desperately need.

'Baba,   allow me to 'learn you this'   One more Time.
Ready ?????

A  UA / AA / BA / LH / AF,      DL will NEVER Be  !!!!!!!!!!!

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
A  UA / AA / BA / LH / AF,      DL will NEVER Be  !!!!!!!!!!!

DL will never be a UA/AA/BA/LH/AF in what respect?

All of the airlines listed above have their own strengths as well as challenges.

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
WOW, with DL having already gotten rid of NWA's 747's, and now going to 'ship' NWA's A-330's (assuming DL means ALL the 330's), then they'll have Even LESS  Jumbo Jets !

Sorry, my vision of a True JUMBO JET is NOT any model of a 767 !

A  " AA / UA / BA / AF / LH / KL "....DL will NEVER Be !
Do you ever know what you are talking about or no? 

Delta hasn't gotten rid of the 747, about 9 of them are active with 7 going to 2017 to be replaced by A350-900s(and the last two 242t A330-300s). 
Also, if you could read, you would know Delta and DALPA has already said they aren't shipping any 330s to Virgin. They are still taking delivery of 333s and will start taking the first of 25 339s in 2019. 

robbedagain said:
is DL getting or have they gotten any 787s yet  and where would they fly them to and from what hubs?
not yet. 18 787-8s with Trent 1000s due stating in 2020. 

Kev3188 said:
They keep deferring the order...
Only once. They start showing up in 2020. 

having said that, Delta does have the rights to change them to 737s and could do so if it doesn't look like its the right time to grow the international market. Right now the plan is to grow a good bit starting in 2019 or so. Ed wants the airline close to a 50/50 ASM spilt between domestic and international. 

FWAAA said:
From a purely physical size standpoint, yes, the 787-8 would replace the 763s.

But from a practical standpoint, the 787-9 is a better replacement for the 763s. Why? Because of the advent of all-aisle access flat beds in J. All-aisle access flat beds take up a lot of floor space.

Another reason the 787-9 will be a better 763 replacement is the advent of premium economy, which will require more floor space.

Long ago I predicted that the 787-8 would be the "762" of the 787 family, and I still believe it. Once fitted with 25-30 lie-flat J seats plus premium economy, the 787 just won't seat enough passengers to make it worth paying the 3-4 pilots and 8-10 FAs for long-haul flights. If you're going to pay 3-4 pilots and 8-10 FAs, might as well put them on a larger 787-9 and sell another 3-4 dozen main cabin seats.
I agree with this but I do think Delta will be like United/American. Having a few (10-20) 788s to start new long thin routes then upgauging to a 789/339/359/777 when they route is ready. 
Also some routes to Europe (i.e. ATL-STR) are probably too thin for anything bigger than a 788/763. They will fit a niche but the 777/330/789/359/35K/78J fleets will be bigger for the US3, IMO. 

FrugalFlyerv2.0 said:

DL will never be a UA/AA/BA/LH/AF in what respect?

All of the airlines listed above have their own strengths as well as challenges.

It is going to be some stupid illogical reason. It always is. 

Latest posts