Delta's upcoming order for wide-bodies

Baba. ..played golf with a couple of Virgin guys in jnb.....they think it is just the opposite . They say DL is calling the shots over there. Just goes to show you that you see things from your vantage point differently. They had nothing good to say about there previous leadership... But little to say about Branson himself... Made it sound like he was just a head piece not a leader....but who knows.

Well, gee, from your own description, there is absolutely no difference in the hard product between EC, MCE, and Y+.

And yet you have to position DL as the differentiator? I doubt they learned anything from VS that they haven't been able to observe from AA and UA, in UA's case for many years. They probably knew the business case before the VS JV, and could never face having to match something the other two US global carriers were doing.

Offering an upgraded meal, free snack pack on BOB flights, or free liquor on international flights is where I see the US3 going for premium economy before they'd invest in a bespoke seat like others have done.
you are confused.

nowhere did I say that 1. each of AA, DL, and UA's expanded legroom Economy seats are the same or 2. DL could have learned anything from UA.

the product DL is considering is a true premium economy seat which is similar to an upgraded reclining domestic first class seat. As baba notes, there are service upgrades as well. Several DL partners have a premium economy comfort so it wasn't just Virgin Atlantic that influenced the decision.

and, yes, DL's hand is very obvious on all of its equity partners.... Gol employees sense DL's influence but are beginning to believe that it is for the better

This can't be true - no airline does anything better than DL - are you saying DL had an inferior product and is having to bring it up to VS standards - are you feeling OK?  I can't believe it - I think you might have the first thing for your list of things DL is subpar at - you might have your second - which is flying a 757 to LHR against a 777/787/767/333 combination

unless you work for one of DL's int'l partners, I never said that any US carrier had a product better than DL's.
I'd suggest you leave the 757 to LHR argument to the side unless you'd like to restart the JFK-LAX argument for the 99th time. You do recall that DL flies a real widebody on that route while AA flies something considerably less capable.

whoa - is the LHR 757 getting under your skin - you must be worried about that route and DL's ability to compete

we are not the one who brings up LAX / JFK route all the time - let me see - wait, wait, wait, - oh it was you who just brought it up on the last post

We are just helping you along with your list

since you tremble at the thought of saying something negative about DL

this thread is about widebodies due for delivery years from now and you are worried about DL's 757 to LHR?

my focus with the industry is network related and it is pretty hard to find a thing to say wrong about what DL is doing.

no one could ever say anything negative about DL - you would never let them - you would be on here trashing the person or their point of view

you might want to apply for a job at MSNBC

Reactions: 1 person
anyone who wants can say anything they want - so long as it is accurate and based on facts.

problem is that you and a whole lot of people wouldn't acknowledge facts if they came up and slapped you on the side of the head.

right just like when you said the A339 is bigger than the A333 - so if you are going to state that rule - start playing by it and don't make up things

Airbus quotes the 339 as having more seats which drives a CASM advantage.

you can't stand that what I say is backed up by facts.

meanwhile, DL will put its first 757 into LHR after years that UA has done the same. AA never did that? of course they have.

WorldTraveler said:
Dawg
R u sure the 339 is not bigger? Double check

Also DL said the economics of the 788 don't work.

So let me get this straight - you have no idea that the A339 is the same fuselage as the A333 - and you challenged someone to say that it was bigger - you obviously can't read press releases from Airbus

Yes it carries more seats because they shrink the lavs and cram more seats in - plus new engines - however remember DL excels at flying old gas guzzling aircraft - so buying a couple new Airbus won't really make a dent in the widebody economics at DL

with 14,000 some odd posts you can't remember all your spin - you might want to double check yourself - it might be helpful if you print off all your posts and double check them before you respond to anyone - might help you remember things

Reactions: 3 people
time out...

feel free to argue the point with Airbus.

here's a portion of their press release

The A330 Family has now attracted more than 1,300 orders. Over 1,100 A330 Family aircraft are flying with more than 100 operators worldwide. The A330 is one of the world’s most efficient aircraft with best in class operating economics. Airbus has committed to continuously improving the program since the A330’s service entry. The company spends approximately 150 million euros each year on enhancements and incremental improvements for the A330 jetliner family. The newest evolution is Airbus’ A330neo, which builds on the A330’s proven economics, versatility and reliability while reducing fuel consumption by a further 14 percent per seat. Comprised of two versions – the A330-800neo and the A330-900neo – this aircraft incorporates latest-generation Rolls-Royce Trent 7000 engines with 112-inch diameter fan for a 10:1 bypass ratio, more seats and new cabin features.

http://www.airbus.com/newsevents/news-events-single/detail/delta-orders-50-airbus-widebody-aircraft/

More seats doesnt mean the plane is bigger nor larger.

You said the 339 is bigger than the A333, you were wrong and your post doesnt back your claim up.

WorldTraveler said:
time out...

feel free to argue the point with Airbus.

here's a portion of their press release

The A330 Family has now attracted more than 1,300 orders. Over 1,100 A330 Family aircraft are flying with more than 100 operators worldwide. The A330 is one of the world’s most efficient aircraft with best in class operating economics. Airbus has committed to continuously improving the program since the A330’s service entry. The company spends approximately 150 million euros each year on enhancements and incremental improvements for the A330 jetliner family. The newest evolution is Airbus’ A330neo, which builds on the A330’s proven economics, versatility and reliability while reducing fuel consumption by a further 14 percent per seat. Comprised of two versions – the A330-800neo and the A330-900neo – this aircraft incorporates latest-generation Rolls-Royce Trent 7000 engines with 112-inch diameter fan for a 10:1 bypass ratio, more seats and new cabin features.

http://www.airbus.com/newsevents/news-events-single/detail/delta-orders-50-airbus-widebody-aircraft/

the challenges of reality - have come to haunt you

You have no idea what you are talking about - the A339 IS NOT A LARGER PLANE

You can just get more seats into by shrinking the lavs and slimline seats

It will get improved costs with new engines, wings and cramming more seats in

therefore once again you are proven wrong - this is about is the plane actually larger, not changing the subject because you don't know what you are talking about

Reactions: 2 people