Democrats the gift that keeps on giving thread.

Aside from the fact that I have a VERY strong feeling that this is some photoshop, was this picture taken before or after the Civil Rights Act of 1964?

The primary reason I believe that is photoshopped. From long before I was born, it was the DemocratIC pary....not the "Democrat Party". That term was and is used by Republicans in a disparaging sense. In my lifetime, I only started hearing it referred to as the "Democrat" party starting in the late 80's. And by the 1980's, the photo most likely would have been in color.

And just for laughs....here's another historical picture with a pretty decent photoshop job

View attachment 14250
Not photoshoped! If I were to guess the time frame of this photo I'd guess between 1910/1920. As for the relationship between the Democratic Party and the KKK, it's been well documented! https://www.thirteen.org/wnet/jimcrow/stories_org_kkk.html

Last edited:
Not photoshoped! If I were to guess the time frame of this photo I'd guess between 1910/1920. As for the relationship between the Democratic Party and the KKK, it's been well documented! https://www.thirteen.org/wnet/jimcrow/stories_org_kkk.html

I notice that you used the word Democratic. And back in 1910/1920, "Democrat party" was used as an insult. Why would they hold up a sign insulting themselves? They might have said "I am a proud democrat", but the also would have said "I belong to the Democratic party". That was photoshopped.

Everybody pretty much knows that Democrats formed the KKK. For a long time, the vast majority (if not all) of the members of the KKK were democrats. That's history. That's true. BUT....the KKK is still around today. Are TODAY'S members mostly Democrat or vote for the candidate on the Democratic ticket?

Also in history, the KKK was founded and most prevalent in the Southern United states. For the longest time...right up until around 1965 or so the Southern United States was bright blue. But now it's bright red. And the KKK is still around. And still very predominant in the South. So what happened?

Aside from the fact that I have a VERY strong feeling that this is some photoshop, was this picture taken before or after the Civil Rights Act of 1964?

The primary reason I believe that is photoshopped. From long before I was born, it was the DemocratIC pary....not the "Democrat Party". That term was and is used by Republicans in a disparaging sense. In my lifetime, I only started hearing it referred to as the "Democrat" party starting in the late 80's. And by the 1980's, the photo most likely would have been in color.

And just for laughs....here's another historical picture with a pretty decent photoshop job

View attachment 14250

Another word salad served.

Have you always babbled on or did it come with age?

I notice that you used the word Democratic. And back in 1910/1920, "Democrat party" was used as an insult. Why would they hold up a sign insulting themselves? They might have said "I am a proud democrat", but the also would have said "I belong to the Democratic party". That was photoshopped.

Everybody pretty much knows that Democrats formed the KKK. For a long time, the vast majority (if not all) of the members of the KKK were democrats. That's history. That's true. BUT....the KKK is still around today. Are TODAY'S members mostly Democrat or vote for the candidate on the Democratic ticket?

Also in history, the KKK was founded and most prevalent in the Southern United states. For the longest time...right up until around 1965 or so the Southern United States was bright blue. But now it's bright red. And the KKK is still around. And still very predominant in the South. So what happened?
Again, I really don't know where you are coming up with all that? But again check your history! The Democratic Party did "NOT" form the KKK!...... And I'm not in any position to comment on KKK membership today. But I do know that throughout history, they have advocated the Democratic Party's platform!..... Not Photoshoped!
org_kkk_pict2.gif

Again, I really don't know where you are coming up with all that? But again check your history! The Democratic Party did "NOT" form the KKK!...... And I'm not in any position to comment on KKK membership today. But I do know that throughout history, they have advocated the Democratic Party's platform!..... Not Photoshoped!
org_kkk_pict2.gif

That picture may not be photoshopped. The one holding the sign was. And I'm not disputing that the KKK supported the Democratic Party platform. I didn't watch the Democratic convention this past year, so I might have missed the Grand Dragon's speech there.

And again...history....the KKK is predominantly in the southern US. Their voices must not be heard though, as the southern US is bright red on the maps.

Hey remember when liberals hero JFK authorized the FBI to spy on MLK?

Some things never change.

Raised four healthy and socially functional children, now adults. Have six grandchildren with parents who know how children should be raised. Too bad your parents can't say they raised one that way.

Raised four healthy and socially functional children, now adults. Have six grandchildren with parents who know how children should be raised. Too bad your parents can't say they raised one that way.

Nice story. For all we know, there's a court order in place for you to stay away from children.