Democrats Win Virginia and NJ Governor's Races

Oh just wait until next year. The House will be back in Democratic hands. The Senate will be tough, but possible with the horror show going on at the White House. Democrats really need the Senate more with Kennedy rumored to be retiring soon.

Wow, two states that broke big for Hillary responded by voting in Democrat governors and more Democrat statehouse reps into office.

Why exactly is that so surprising? It's about as anti-climactic as saying the Democrat candidates won in California, Illinois or New York.

Meanwhile, the GOP held onto Chavetz's House seat in UT despite huge spending by the Democrats.

Wow, two states that broke big for Hillary responded by voting in Democrat governors and more Democrat statehouse reps into office.

Why exactly is that so surprising? It's about as anti-climactic as saying the Democrat candidates won in California, Illinois or New York.

Meanwhile, the GOP held onto Chavetz's House seat in UT despite huge spending by the Democrats.

NH Black Bears, I think delldude meant held the governor only. I doubt he bothered to read about flipping the state legislature BLUE. Yes, this is big news. Now to Mr. Olsen,

upload_2017-11-8_18-6-18.png

Know what that is? That is the map from the 2016 presidential election. Now how many of those counties flipped blue? For the election last night about half of the counties would now be Blue.

NH Black Bears is right. The big change in the legislature is a major change and should indicate trouble on the horizon for republicans, but please continue to stay in denial as that can only help Democrats.

Oh, and Hillary won VA 49% to 44% so we are not talking about a very Blue State. In fact, VA has only recently turned Blue in presidential elections during the past few.

Oh, I am not sure about the election for Chaffetz's seat but the special elections in Georgia and Kansas saw the Republicans go from double digit percentage wins to single digits and those were in districts that strongly favored trump.

I live in a Republican Congressional district, that voted for Hillary, and my Congressman already has a Democratic challenger.

A lot could happen in a year, as we have now seen this year, but if nothing changes the House will be Blue next year and you might just be calling Pelosi Speaker again.

The big contest I am looking for is Alabama. The recent poll average has Moore ahead by 5-6% which is no big deal except we are talking about Alabama. Of course, it helps that Republicans nominated another crazy candidate.

Flake retiring in AZ puts that state into play although Democrats will be lucky to just hold what they have in the Senate next year. If, however, the AL race gets any closer than 5-6%, then we have a shot of turning the Senate Blue, too!

Here is a good article on the magnitude, and the cause, of what happened in VA.

Some notable quotes:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca..._story.html?tid=magnet&utm_term=.e57254698deb

Change has been coming to the increasingly diverse state for years, but the evolution was turbocharged by the provocative influence of Donald Trump.....

“This election more than anything else was a Trump-effect election,” said Stephen Farnsworth, a political scientist at the University of Mary Washington. Democrat Ralph Northam won the governor’s race over Republican Ed Gillespie by a comfortable 9-point margin, but Farnsworth said the outcome could have been much tighter if not for highly motivated anti-Trump voters.....

“So many people in this election told pollsters they were voting against Trump more than for or against the actual candidates for governor,” Farnsworth said.....

The sentiment turned up in voices around the state. In Fairfax Station, where Pam Rodriguez, 44, showed up in the chilly evening rain to vote for Northam partly because she is “not a fan of Trump... I loved the commercial where Northam called him a narcissistic maniac,” she said.

It was in eastern Henrico County outside Richmond, where a few days before the election Nick Hall was all set to vote for the Democrat for governor even though he wasn’t sure of his name. Hall just wanted to strike back at the party of Trump. “Trump is an idiot,” he said.

In exit polling, more than a third of voters said they came out to the polls to express opposition to Trump. Half that many said they voted to support Trump.....

Sanity appears to be returning to elections. These results and the recent congressional runoffs, which were a lot closer for republicans than they should have been, should be great news for Democrats next year.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...456e4b07eb51181af95?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/election-results-virginia-new-jersey-n818406
Don't know how you can call a rigged 2016 election for the Hildabeast "sanity"? The DNC is a cesspool with the moronic Tom Perez running it. Now with Donna Brazil letting the dogs out on the corruption of the DNC during 2016. She is now being torn apart by the radical lefties. Brazil is on Fox right now talking to Tucker Carlson.

I would say "sanity" has yet to return to the DNC. Governor wins in democratic states is a long way from winning back the white house.

Good luck with that taking the House back prediction I think I’ll put it with bears ol Hill can’t lose predictions

Don't know how you can call a rigged 2016 election for the Hildabeast "sanity"? The DNC is a cesspool with the moronic Tom Perez running it. Now with Donna Brazil letting the dogs out on the corruption of the DNC during 2016. She is now being torn apart by the libtard radical lefties. Brazil is on Fox right now talking to Tucker Carlson.

I would say "sanity" has yet to return to the DNC. Governor wins in democratic states is a long way from winning back the white house.

If Hillary had a cult, then Trump certainly has one, and given the choice of a Russian or any of the other groups (cults) marching for Trump, I would definitely choose Hillary's and the DNC's and march in their parade.

Are you saying you would have marched in Charlottesville? Which side would you have marched on? Trump's side or the Democrats?

And you are missing the big picture in VA with the House of Delegates as well as the single-digit congressional special election wins in GA and KS that should have been double-digit wins. A Trump supporter said to me last year before Trump won, "You'll see."

Well he was right, but now it's our turn. You'll see!

Now think about this. I am far from a Reagan fan. I was young when he was president. But I am certain he would have chosen to lose his election rather than even think about conspiring with the Republican arch-enemy Russians. Don't believe me well just google what his son said recently.

Care to explain how the Russia-busting Republicans became the Russia-conspiring Republicans. And don't call it fake news because Trump's kids and his aides involved admitted they met with Russian envoys (well finally admitted anyway).

When you look in the mirror next time smile and say I'm a Republican (or conservative or Tea Party) and I love Russia :)

Last edited:
Good luck with that taking the House back prediction I think I’ll put it with bears ol Hill can’t lose predictions

Aren't you in the IAM? It makes me sad to see a fellow union brother supporting a party that does not care about labor and the middle class. Very sad.

And you probably won't want to take a Democrat's word about it so how about a longtime GOP Congressman Peter King who opposes the GOP Tax reform bill because.....

“If you get a tax cut which is going to raise taxes on your constituents, it makes no sense,” King told HuffPost on Wednesday.

He is talking about his middle-class (working) constituents by the way.

The whole article
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...97fe4b03deac08b14fa?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

And the non-partisan CBO says the Tax Reform Bill will add $1.7 Trillion to the deficit during the next ten years?

Do any Tea Party deficit hawks have a comment on that? Is $1.7 Trillion more debt and a tax increase for many middle-class working Americans what you thought you were voting for?

Last edited: