Departing politics:

And what regulations were "cut", or "suspended", by the Republicans, to do what you claim? Which by the why has not been proven to begin with!......... And, are you trying to imply that the Airline deregulation act of 1978 has not affected you? If so, you have your head buried in the sand!........ And I'm being diplomatic here!

Deregulation impacted a lot. But one thing it didn't impact was FAA oversight. It basically sounded the death knell for the Civil Aeronautics Board, which granted routes and set prices for airlines. It had zero, zip, nada to do with shifting a lot more oversight from the FAA to the manufacturers and airlines.

Deregulation impacted a lot. But one thing it didn't impact was FAA oversight. It basically sounded the death knell for the Civil Aeronautics Board, which granted routes and set prices for airlines. It had zero, zip, nada to do with shifting a lot more oversight from the FAA to the manufacturers and airlines.
You are avoiding my questions! What regulations were cut, or suspended?

You are avoiding my questions! What regulations were cut, or suspended?

I didn't avoid anything. The FAA granted manufacturers more oversight in W's administration, eliminating a lot of that bureaucratic red tape. IMHO, the profit motive overrode the safety. In the "bad old days", do you think the FAA would have allowed a system with no backup and a single point of failure to pass? This one did. And prior to the MCAS system, what safety related items were "optional"?

And it's not the first time for Boeing. The 787 got grounded in part because of profits over safety. I used to say "It it ain't Boeing, I ain't going". But I'm starting to rethink that.

I didn't avoid anything. The FAA granted manufacturers more oversight in W's administration, eliminating a lot of that bureaucratic red tape. IMHO, the profit motive overrode the safety. In the "bad old days", do you think the FAA would have allowed a system with no backup and a single point of failure to pass? This one did. And prior to the MCAS system, what safety related items were "optional"?

And it's not the first time for Boeing. The 787 got grounded in part because of profits over safety. I used to say "It it ain't Boeing, I ain't going". But I'm starting to rethink that.
O.K, Just for the sake of these posts, let's say they did. Now, what regulation did Trump, or the Republican Party, cut or suspend, to allow them to do that? Are you saying by "eliminating" a lot of that bureaucratic red tape" that gave FAA the right to do what you claim?...... If that is your position, I find that to be more than a bet of a stretch!

Last edited:
Interesting article. It does in fact state that the FAA was granted leeway to delegate more oversight to Boeing back in 2005, under W Bush. And that same program was in effect, unchanged, throughout the Obama administration. Even though Obama doubled down on most other regulatons.
Ah...,it's a no win for Obama. This way , we can pin the problem in the 787 and Max on Obama, because he didn't strengthen the oversight. But if he would have tried, you can bet your bottom dollar that he would have been criticized for screwing with a program that has "proven itself successful" and is only a further burden on business (whom he hates).

Ah...,it's a no win for Obama. This way , we can pin the problem in the 787 and Max on Obama, because he didn't strengthen the oversight. But if he would have tried, you can bet your bottom dollar that he would have been criticized for screwing with a program that has "proven itself successful" and is only a further burden on business (whom he hates).
So instead we blame it on Trump? .........Right!

So instead we blame it on Trump? .........Right!
I never blamed anything on Trump. I blamed it on Republican "business friendly" policies. I never mentioned Trump...you did. But if you want to go down that rabbit hole....you can also rest assured that HAD Obama done that, it would have been one of the things undone in Trumps first 100 days. THEN we could blame it on him

Republicans don't like regulation because it holds up the release of a drug that might prevent 100 people from dying over the next five years. but easing regulations on aircraft manufacturers that might (and IMHO did) result in the deaths of almost 400 people in just a matter of months is a good thing because they were able to run a cost/benefit analysis. Sort of like what Ford did with the Pinto back in the 70's....we know we've got a problem, but it will be cheaper for us to settle lawsuits that to fix the problem...except in Boeing's case,it just allowed them to pump out planes and stay more profitable than Airbus.

I never blamed anything on Trump. I blamed it on Republican "business friendly" policies. I never mentioned Trump...you did. But if you want to go down that rabbit hole....you can also rest assured that HAD Obama done that, it would have been one of the things undone in Trumps first 100 days. THEN we could blame it on him

Republicans don't like regulation because it holds up the release of a drug that might prevent 100 people from dying over the next five years. but easing regulations on aircraft manufacturers that might (and IMHO did) result in the deaths of almost 400 people in just a matter of months is a good thing because they were able to run a cost/benefit analysis. Sort of like what Ford did with the Pinto back in the 70's....we know we've got a problem, but it will be cheaper for us to settle lawsuits that to fix the problem...except in Boeing's case,it just allowed them to pump out planes and stay more profitable than Airbus.
You say if "HAD Obama done that, it would have been one of the things undone in Trumps first 100 days"! Well, Obama had 8 years to undo these " Republican "business friendly" policies" and didn't! So, I feel there is enough blame on both sides to point figures at!

You say if "HAD Obama done that, it would have been one of the things undone in Trumps first 100 days"! Well, Obama had 8 years to undo these " Republican "business friendly" policies" and didn't! So, I feel there is enough blame on both sides to point figures at!

What I said was this...Everything is a no win for Obama. He implemented SO many regulations....BAD in GOP eyes. Yet...he DIDN'T toughen the regulations around FAA oversightt, which apparently is now ALSO bad. On the one hand, Regulations bad....on the other had - not toughening the regulations - bad. No win.

I only said that "the most productive first hundred days in our countries history" was pretty much Trump undoing anything that Obama did. And had Obama strengthened FAA oversight, THAT would have been something include in those historic first hundred days. Again...a no win.

What I said was this...Everything is a no win for Obama. He implemented SO many regulations....BAD in GOP eyes. Yet...he DIDN'T toughen the regulations around FAA oversightt, which apparently is now ALSO bad. On the one hand, Regulations bad....on the other had - not toughening the regulations - bad. No win.

I only said that "the most productive first hundred days in our countries history" was pretty much Trump undoing anything that Obama did. And had Obama strengthened FAA oversight, THAT would have been something include in those historic first hundred days. Again...a no win.
Well that's one man's opinon!

Well that's one man's opinon!

Yes, it is. Tell me, considering that this move in 2005 opened the door to offshoring airline maintenance, was it a good thing or bad? I'm assuming you think it was a good thing as you continued to vote for the GOP, which let it happen. I'll bet you voted GOP in 2008 and 2012 and 2016. and in all the congressional election on those years. And you seemed unaware of that action until I pointed it out to you in 2019. But I'll bet you agreed with them about their view on regulations killing American competitiveness. Just saying that you might want to pay closer attention to what the rollback of regulations and rules might mean for you instead of the shareholders.

Well, the whole idea of GLOBALIZATION was/is a facade.
DemRats.loved it, RepubliRats loved it.
It pretty much screwed The American worker to the benefit of our competitors.
Yea, I am an idiot because I bought American products exclusively.
Then I see yahoos (union workers and reps) buying foreign cars.
Loyalty, zero.
Fk them, they deserve what they get
:eek: