Departing politics:

Listen K.C........ La can read. If he agrees with what I wrote, or not, is totally up to him!
I agree with you of course. I just think the FAA needs to evolve and get with the times.

For too long, the federal government has been the impediment in updating our [air traffic control] operation to a world-class, state-of-the-art system,” said House Transportation Committee Chairman Bill Shuster (R-Pa.), applauding Trump’s proposal. “Like any transformative change in Washington, entrenched interest groups will do and say anything to protect their parochial interests. But the facts are not on their side.”
Again I agree with this.

I mean really...... 17.5 billion for what exactly? What are we actually seeing for that money?

Our airports by global standards are antiquated.
And I meant what I said when I said this.

An 18 BILLION dollar budget gets cut by half a million and Democrats lose their minds.
I think the budget cuts have been blown way out of proportion. Especially when I truly believe there was bloat to begin with.

Who is you all?

January 20, 1981 – January 20, 1989

I was not old enough to vote in 89.

I was not even a teenager in 89.

That makes it even worse. The "let's let the CEO get rich while we keep the blue collar workers down" era started under Reagan and has continued to be the Republican strategy ever since. Look at any chart of when the pay disparity started. You would have come of age and been able to see the detrimental effect of those policies.... But....you all seem to LIKE those kinds of policies, so you vote for them....St Ronnie of Redondo is famous for saying that government is not the solution to a problem...government IS the problem. The FAA is part of the "problem". Republicans dutifully shifted addressed that problem by giving aircraft manufacturers and airlines more responsibility, reducing the need for the problem of FAA inspectors, processes and procedures.

That makes it even worse. The "let's let the CEO get rich while we keep the blue collar workers down" era started under Reagan and has continued to be the Republican strategy ever since. Look at any chart of when the pay disparity started. You would have come of age and been able to see the detrimental effect of those policies.... But....you all seem to LIKE those kinds of policies, so you vote for them....St Ronnie of Redondo is famous for saying that government is not the solution to a problem...government IS the problem. The FAA is part of the "problem". Republicans dutifully shifted addressed that problem by giving aircraft manufacturers and airlines more responsibility, reducing the need for the problem of FAA inspectors, processes and procedures.

You found it offensive when DJT spoke ill of a deceased politician. (aka Songbird McCain)
And yet you speak ill of a deceased politician aka Ronald Reagan.

Q: What does that make you?

puzz.jpg

That makes it even worse. The "let's let the CEO get rich while we keep the blue collar workers down" era started under Reagan and has continued to be the Republican strategy ever since. Look at any chart of when the pay disparity started. You would have come of age and been able to see the detrimental effect of those policies....
I hear you leftist talk about income disparity all the time and how it is getting worse and worse.

I can tell you that the last 4 generations of my family are doing better and better financially with each new generation.

Of course, we didn't settle in minimum wage jobs or sit on welfare for decades and complain about income disparity.

It's not that good paying work is not available, it is either that people don't apply themselves, find the work beneath them and are not willing to do it, or they don't know how to research which education and skills are actually marketable.

I have seen far too many people flipping burgers part time and collecting welfare as a career choice. They don't want anything better because they don't want to put forth the effort. They are lazy. They are perfectly happy working part time and having the tax payers subsidize their living expenses.

There are a TON of jobs available that pay VERY well that people simply won't do because they are either stigmatized (blue collar work), difficult, or dirty. Mike Rowe has been drawing attention to this very issue. Unfortunately our society has convinced our youth that only white collar jobs that require a degree are "good" jobs.

There are a ton of college students earning worthless degrees. They go to college with no ambition and no goals. They pick a major that sounds good in their head (often with prodding from college administrators that could care less about the students future and are simply trying to fill seats or push an agenda) without any consideration of their aptitude for that field of study (like people going to school to be an architect that have weak math skills) or how marketable their degree will be (the proverbial underwater basket weaving degree).

To sum it up it's not that the job market is bad and there are no opportunities to make a good living, it is that people are lazy, vain, and stupid.

They won't even take advantage of a good opportunity when it is staring them right in the face.

Last edited:
I hear you leftist talk about income disparity all the time and how it is getting worse and worse.

I can tell you that the last 4 generations of my family are doing better and better financially with each new generation.

Of course, we didn't settle in minimum wage jobs or sit on welfare for decades and complain about income disparity.

It's not that good paying work is not available, it is either that people don't apply themselves, find the work beneath them and are not willing to do it, or they don't know how to research which education and skills are actually marketable.

I have seen far too many people flipping burgers part time and collecting welfare as a career choice. They don't want anything better because they don't want to put forth the effort. They are lazy. They are perfectly happy working part time and having the tax payers subsidize their living expenses.

There are a TON of jobs available that pay VERY well that people simply won't do because they are either stigmatized (blue collar work), difficult, or dirty. Mike Rowe has been drawing attention to this very issue. Unfortunately our society has convinced our youth that only white collar jobs that require a degree are "good" jobs.

There are a ton of college students earning worthless degrees. They go to college with no ambition and no goals. They pick a major that sounds good in their head (often with prodding from college administrators that could care less about the students future and are simply trying to fill seats or push an agenda) without any consideration of their aptitude for that field of study (like people going to school to be an architect that have weak math skills) or how marketable their degree will be (the proverbial underwater basket weaving degree).

To sum it up it's not that the job market is bad and there are no opportunities to make a good living, it is that people are lazy, vain, and stupid.

They won't even take advantage of a good opportunity when it is staring them right in the face.

Very colorful post. My father made more than his father, and I made more than my father. But....here's the income disparity thing

A funny thing about executives back before the 80's...even the chief executive only made about 10 times what the average worker made. Here's how it works....back when CR Smith was CEO of American Airlines, he made about 10 times more than an aircraft mechanic. Over the years, adjusted for inflation - the aircraft mechanic is making about 3% more than he was in the days of CR Smith, but Doug Parker is making about 200 times more than the aircraft mechanic makes today. THERE is your disparity. I'm not sure what makes him worth that much more, but starting in the 80's, somebody felt like they were worth that much more.

Trump just gave corporations a yuge tax cut. We were TOLD that this tax cut would "create jobs"....or be passed down to employees in the form of higher wages. But as it turns out, the bulk of it was used to buy back stock that really boosted the income of....the occupants of the C Suites. How much of the tax cut did your company pass on to you?

Very colorful post. My father made more than his father, and I made more than my father. But....here's the income disparity thing

A funny thing about executives back before the 80's...even the chief executive only made about 10 times what the average worker made. Here's how it works....back when CR Smith was CEO of American Airlines, he made about 10 times more than an aircraft mechanic. Over the years, adjusted for inflation - the aircraft mechanic is making about 3% more than he was in the days of CR Smith, but Doug Parker is making about 200 times more than the aircraft mechanic makes today. THERE is your disparity. I'm not sure what makes him worth that much more, but starting in the 80's, somebody felt like they were worth that much more.

Trump just gave corporations a yuge tax cut. We were TOLD that this tax cut would "create jobs"....or be passed down to employees in the form of higher wages. But as it turns out, the bulk of it was used to buy back stock that really boosted the income of....the occupants of the C Suites. How much of the tax cut did your company pass on to you?
That's the difference between you and I.

You worry about Doug Parker.

I worry about my wife and I.

I feel I have a very high living standard regardless of how much Doug Parker makes.

I am not saying I am rich but I am very comfortable and I can buy anything and do anything I want within reason.

By the way the job market under Trump is the best we have seen in decades. Maybe it is Trump's policies, maybe it is just timing, but you cannot deny that the economy is doing very well right now and that wages ARE going up. I got a raise just this year "to reflect current market demands".

Are you going to deny that this is true KCFlyer?

That's the difference between you and I.

You worry about Doug Parker.

I worry about my wife and I.

I feel I have a very high living standard regardless of how much Doug Parker makes.

I am not saying I am rich but I am very comfortable and I can buy anything and do anything I want within reason.

By the way the job market under Trump is the best we have seen in decades. Maybe it is Trump's policies, maybe it is just timing, but you cannot deny that the economy is doing very well right now and that wages ARE going up. I got a raise just this year "to reflect current market demands".
How much over the 3% raise you usually got did you get? I lived comfortably too.

And FWIW, I seem to understand Trump way better than you do...See...because the economy is doing well right now, it's all because of Trumps policies. Should the economy dip, which is it likely to do before the 2020 elections, then THAT is timing, and not only that, it will be blamed on the Democrats in the House, if not on Obama.

Are you going to deny that this is true KCFlyer?

My father did better than his father. I did better than my father. But my kid....I'm not so sure about that.

My dad bought a "fancy" house back in 1975 and paid $60k for it. I bought my first house (built it actually) in 1991 for $92k. It was considered a "starter" home. That house I built back then last sold for about $240k. That means that if MY kid is going to have a house in a nice neighborhood, she's going to have to do way better than me. And I'm not so certain that she'll be able to do that. Or...she will have to settle for a house in a "less desirable" area. Is that "doing better that her dad"? Or will hers be the first generation who DOESN'T do better then her parents? I think it's going to be tough for her to do better than me. Will yours do better than you?

My father did better than his father. I did better than my father. But my kid....I'm not so sure about that.

My dad bought a "fancy" house back in 1975 and paid $60k for it. I bought my first house (built it actually) in 1991 for $92k. It was considered a "starter" home. That house I built back then last sold for about $240k. That means that if MY kid is going to have a house in a nice neighborhood, she's going to have to do way better than me. And I'm not so certain that she'll be able to do that. Or...she will have to settle for a house in a "less desirable" area. Is that "doing better that her dad"? Or will hers be the first generation who DOESN'T do better then her parents? I think it's going to be tough for her to do better than me. Will yours do better than you?
The market will dictate the price, just like any other market.

Houses are more expensive because people have more to spend and there is competition for those homes.

Tech towns and "rush" towns (think oil or gold) have high cost housing. Why? Because you have people there making a ton of money. Once the money dries up (say the oil company leaves the area or the gold yield is becoming too costly) then the housing prices drop.

The only thing high housing prices should tell you is that there is opportunity in that area. If people fail to seek out those opportunities then that is on them. Even if you don't have the hot trend skills that does not mean you can't make massive amounts of money. For example, if your in Silicon Valley and don't even know how to turn a computer on, then you should be trying to figure out what service you can offer those overworked tech types with discretionary funds.

If you don't think opportunity drives the housing market feel free to take a drive through Detroit. The housing market there is so bad they are selling homes in bundled deals. I am not even kidding. I saw a posting on Zillow where you can buy 5 houses bundled together for 5k per house (25K total). Think you could do that in the Big 3's prime?

$5,000
3bd 1ba 1,206 sqft
9925 Bishop St,
Subject address is included as part of a 5 Property Bundle Sale Totaling $25,000. Each deed shall represent a sale price of $5,000/property. HOMES ARE NOT BEING SOLD INDIVIDUALLY, NO EXCEPTIONS. Addresses included: 9261 Grayton, 10826 Lakepointe, 10841 Mckinney, 9925 Bishop, 9661 Everts.

$25,000
5bd 2ba 2,250 sqft

4325 Cortland St,
For sale Zestimate®: $23,535

Foreclosure Est: $13,090
6bd 2ba 2,463 sqft

1730 E Grand Blvd,

Anyway I am done talking about this subject in this thread. You want to discuss the FAA more fine. If you want to discuss this topic more start an appropriate titled thread.

He! this thread is meant be non-political! But you all can't seem to break away from it even for a sort time!
59873570_10218494514345232_1819807703791304704_n.jpg