goldwatermiller08.com
Here's the timing:
• Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport-Sao Paulo, Brazil,
Dec. 13 through Feb. 13

• Dallas/Fort Worth Airport-London Heathrow, one round trip, beinning Jan. 31

• New York-London Heathrow, one round trip, beginning Feb. 14

• DFW-Heathrow, a second round trip, March 2-31

• New York-Sao Paulo, beginning April 2

American is to take delivery of two of the aircraft, which will be the biggest in its fleet, in late 2012 and eight in 2013.

American-Airlines-Complete-Contract-for-Two-777-300ERs-400x202.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Sounds good don't generally fly international from DFW but may have to just to give it a try sometime. I thought at one point ORD-LHR was going to the among the launch routes aparently that's changed.

Josh

I'm curious about where the ten freed-up 772s will fly once the ten 77Ws are delivered by the end of 2013. That's a 21% increase in the 777 fleet in a 12 month period. Will it permit the 762s to be retired by the end of 2013 and replaced by the ten freed-up 772s or by 763s that can in turn be replaced by the ten 772s? AA has been coy in revealing the plan for the future equipment and seating configurations to be flown JFK-LAX (SFO really doesn't matter as much).

I'm sure AA is waiting to hear the outcome of the APA abrogation and how the ultra long-haul crew staffing is addressed.

Soaking up 10 shells wouldn't take too long. Putting the 763s into the transcons as utilization adds should be easy if you route off of international inbounds at JFK or Hawaii at LAX...

If the ULH staffing is advantageous enough, I could see some added Asia flying. From LAX, you have a handful of places that are at the edge of the 7725nm range on the ER's, e.g. BKK, MNL... With Malaysian joining oneworld, KUL could be interesting.

Out of DFW and ORD, AA could easily serve ICN or HKG.