DFW Vs DAL Landing Fees

Kellerguy

Advanced
Jul 16, 2011
I'm surprised AAL puts up with the city of Dallas subsidizing SW the way it does.  Love field access demand is much higher in value than DFW on a per slot basis.  Any idiot knows that should mean the landing fees, etc should be higher to match the limited demand. Love operates in the RED!   The landing fee for similar sized airports is $1.40 on average compared to DFWs $4.94, according to the city's Aviation Department.

It would seem AAL might have some legal basis to go after the city or the DFW airport.  Sitting by idly is inexcusable.  The city of Dallas should NEVER have allowed Love to go on after DFW was built, as was their purported intension, but yet is complicit in this subsidy.  SW on the one hand can threaten to pull its flights out, but would be replaced in less time than it takes to make that announcement.  The city is shameful in this behavior offering outright financial favoritism to a single carrier.  SW WILL NOT EVER compete out of DFW in a heads up way!

I apologize for this post---the fees mentioned are old, I don't have the current fees.  I mistakenly thought these were current.  Ok to delete post.

DFW does have lower landing fees, but that's due to the gas wells on the property offsetting the fees.

Back