Did AfA get the Votes

Freedom of speech is only when the government tries to restrict you from speaking out, it does not apply to corporations or individuals speaking out, there is no such things as freedom of speech. You cant yell fire in a crowded movie theater nor curse on TV.
Actually there is already precedent under US AIRWAYS vs NMB where as a federal court has held that a carrier has a First Amendment right to express its views during a union organizing campaign.

D.C. CIRCUIT COURT OF APPEALS VOIDS NMB CERTIFICATION BASED
ON FIRST AMENDMENT VIOLATION.

In US Airways v. National Mediation Board, the United States Court of Appeals for the
District of Columbia Circuit held that the NMB violated the First Amendment when it directed a
rerun election among US Airways’ passenger service employees in June 1997, and certification of
the Communication Workers of America (“CWAâ€￾) as the result of the rerun election was invalid.

This decision marks the first time that a federal court has held that a carrier has a First
Amendment right to express its views during a union organizing campaign,
and the first that time
a federal court has invalidated an NMB certification based on a constitutional violation. The
decision also rejects the “peek at the meritsâ€￾ standard for evaluating constitutional issues and
should provide a potent weapon for carriers to challenge the NMB’s current approach in carrier
interference cases.

And by the way, the RLA is set up to protect business' not employees who want to unionize.
Yes that is correct, it was set up to protect interstate commerce due to the unions basically shutting down the railways back in the day.

...like I said before, there will be no way that AFA can match the penetration and saturation of the entire FA base like the company will have.

Don't worry about it dapoes. The DL employees are used to it. We just try to clean up afterward and every now and then get a chick-fil-a and some of dat dare Delter Aid to wash it down.

Don't worry about it dapoes. The DL employees are used to it. We just try to clean up afterward and every now and then get a chick-fil-a and some of dat dare Delter Aid to wash it down.
If anything AFA is the one who is "worried". :lol:

The timing of this filing by the TTD of the AFL-CIO may seem suspect at first but you must remember that Linda Puchala was not officially confirmed as the new member of the NMB until May 21, 2009. (The TTD wouldn't have wasted their energies filing their request during the Republican NMB--they would have turned it down in a heartbeat.)
Only three months went by between Puchala's confirmation and the filing by the TTD. It just so happens that the AFA filing for the DL election happened within that time period. In fact, it is just a matter of timing/fate that this merger is transpiring during a major shift in D.C. from a pro-corporate Republican Administration to a Democratic one.
Also, regarding Mr. Anderson's Deltanet memo: He is speaking prematurely. How do we know this is going to be the "minority" deciding the election for the entire employee group? We simply don't know that yet. If 10,500 Delta/NW f/a's take part in the election, then the majority will indeed have spoken.

The timing of this filing by the TTD of the AFL-CIO may seem suspect at first but you must remember that Linda Puchala was not officially confirmed as the new member of the NMB until May 21, 2009. (The TTD wouldn't have wasted their energies filing their request during the Republican NMB--they would have turned it down in a heartbeat.)
Only three months went by between Puchala's confirmation and the filing by the TTD. It just so happens that the AFA filing for the DL election happened within that time period. In fact, it is just a matter of timing/fate that this merger is transpiring during a major shift in D.C. from a pro-corporate Republican Administration to a Democratic one.
Also, regarding Mr. Anderson's Deltanet memo: He is speaking prematurely. How do we know this is going to be the "minority" deciding the election for the entire employee group? We simply don't know that yet. If 10,500 Delta/NW f/a's take part in the election, then the majority will indeed have spoken.
Its no coincidence (AFA doesn't believe in it) and there was no question that with a democratic majority Puchala would have been nominated. There would have been no reason to, unless maybe she had tax problems like the rest of them. But then again in our current administration that would almost be a prerequisite. :lol:

Its no coincidence (AFA doesn't believe in it) and there was no question that with a democratic majority Puchala would have been nominated. There would have been no reason to, unless maybe she had tax problems like the rest of them. But then again in our current administration that would almost be a prerequisite. :lol:

I wouldn't go there, dapoes. Several politicians on both sides of the aisle aren't the most savory characters.
That being said, your posts are sounding more and more like sour grapes. IF this method is approved, I wouldn't be wasting my time on message boards. You will need to volunteer for getting the (NO) vote out!!
The proverbial shoe may now be on the other foot. :D

I wouldn't go there, dapoes. Several politicians on both sides of the aisle aren't the most savory characters.
That being said, your posts are sounding more and more like sour grapes. IF this method is approved, I wouldn't be wasting my time on message boards. You will need to volunteer for getting the (NO) vote out!!
The proverbial shoe may now be on the other foot. :D
Oh Luke, don't take it so personal. Also if the method is approved (and I really hope it does) then who do you think will have a greater penetration and saturation for Yes/No votes? DAL or AFA? DAL will have instant contact to each and every FA with multiple points of contact to vote no. Theres no need for me to volunteer to do anything at all, i can just sit back and watch AFA scramble.

Be careful what you wish for, the results may be worse then expected. :up: :lol:

so our election is going to become bogged down in legislation while waiting for Congress to change the format?

(if so.. this is going to end up a complete mess for integration)

personally I think the company is going to work with the group either way (that is the way I would look at it.. because there are already unions on the property, so its nothing new to them..) to me, it seems a smooth integration done timely is their priority and real concern regarding this new delay.

Oh Luke, don't take it so personal. Also if the method is approved (and I really hope it does) then who do you think will have a greater penetration and saturation for Yes/No votes? DAL or AFA? DAL will have instant contact to each and every FA with multiple points of contact to vote no. Theres no need for me to volunteer to do anything at all, i can just sit back and watch AFA scramble.

Be careful what you wish for, the results may be worse then expected. :up: :lol:

I told you once before, Delta employees are used to penetration and saturation...and chick-fil-a's, and delter-aid.

Sheeesh!

the results may be worse then expected.
regardless of the results we just need to have some resolution either way, because the process that takes to get from election to a TA does not occur in a few weeks or short time period (that is the whole reason why someone needs to make a decision) probably at least four to six weeks alone for just voting when an election is finally underway and then if the group chooses representation.. there is going to be another significant process to get the group to a contract.

I just do not understand why some people appear scared of the results..regarding how the majority of peers wish to proceed..while it seems waiting for someone to feel comfortable?

(life does not operate that way, you have to keep moving forward)

I told you once before, Delta employees are used to penetration and saturation...and chick-fil-a's, and delter-aid.

Sheeesh!

Yes Neanderthal I got your funny har har the first time. My side is aching with your inane humor. :rolleyes:

regardless of the results we just need to have some resolution either way, because the process that takes to get from election to a TA does not occur in a few weeks or short time period (that is the whole reason why someone needs to make a decision) probably at least four to six weeks alone for just voting when an election is finally underway and then if the group chooses representation.. there is going to be another significant process to get the group to a contract.

I just do not understand why some people appear scared of the results..regarding how the majority of peers wish to proceed..while it seems waiting for someone to feel comfortable?

(life does not operate that way, you have to keep moving forward)
AFA has $10 million reasons to be scared. :lol:

what is disturbing is simply if the group ends up choosing representation at the undetermined time period in the future..

and all the time waiting has been totally wasted that could have been utilized negotiating a contract so the group can fly together.. realizing the benefits of the merger once the SOC has been issued that is forthcoming soon.

they are continuously saying industry leading contract is the goal, I do not know if that implies the next contract or a future contract at a later time.

(I do not think there will be an industry leading contract in the immediate future that surpasses WN pay)

but possible when the economy has fully recovered and there is an increase demand in seats and the industry has stabilized.

*I do not buy the idea they are going to secure industry leading pay while at the same time capacity cuts are being considered and implemented throughout the industry including International airlines and we have offset furloughs due to the voluntary. I personally like to hear realistic expectations not a promise that cannot be delivered while the economy is a mess.. so integration and reserve issues can be addressed timely.

our next contract, should it come to that, is to finally address reserve..
(as the priority) it has taken a back seat for way too long. IMO

however,
if industry leading is the goal and some actually believe that and if it does happen, that is great,..then this election should have already occurred so in the event representation was the result.. they would be negotiating at this moment..(to secure a combined contract to get the group through this financial time period and then focus on industry leading at a later time..when there has been a recovery period regarding the economy)

I am looking at this from the point, time is not being utilized efficiently in the most productive manner, especially since the merger has been going relatively smoothly.

they are continuously saying industry leading contract is the goal, I do not know if that implies the next contract or a future contract at a later time.

AFA tosses that phrase around pretty loosely. Its used with all the other campaigns at other carriers as well. It means nothing only to somehow imply some kind of gold at the end of the rainbow. Its actually very deceiving in itself.

Latest posts