District 141 Meets with United, Secures Wage Increases for Members Working Under Modified Contracts

WeAAsles said:
Going from 7 down to 2 would be acceleration to destruction.

Going from 7 up to 47 is called a dramatic improvement Kev.

Did I also mention the hundreds of jobs for Express work?
Overall, it's partial restoration, not progress.

Express work is great; all carriers should handle their own.

Kev3188 said:
Overall, it's partial restoration, not progress.
Express work is great; all carriers should handle their own.
Sounds good to me. Now dispense with the platitudes and give me YOUR solution to achieve the progress you find acceptable.

Otherwise just tell me to shut up because you don't have or know an answer.

Kev3188 said:
I've already told you; you just don't like my answer.
Negative Kev. You've done nothing more than alluded to maybe, possibly, who knows that the NC should not have accepted the new deal. You're giving nothing more than puffed air. This is the same reason why I stopped engaging with Town Pete.

And I don't enjoy playing games. I enjoy ranking on people, but not playing games with them. And right now I feel that you're playing games with me and from you I do find it insulting.

My giving answers you don't like isn't playing games. I can't help that you see it that way, but absent some serious tangible changes at DL 141, my opinion on this topic isn't going to be any different. Probably won't be the last time we disagree, and that's okay, too.

Kev3188 said:
My giving answers you don't like isn't playing games. I can't help that you see it that way, but absent some serious tangible changes at DL 141, my opinion on this topic isn't going to be any different. Probably won't be the last time we disagree, and that's okay, too.

We haven't even disagreed Kev. You haven't said anything for me to disagree with. Let me try this one last time even though I'm probably spinning my wheels here.

If you were at UAL would you vote no on this agreement?

If you did vote no and that passed what do you think would happen next?

If you were the negotiator would you have refused to bring this back to the members if this was the best you could get?

If you refused to bring it back would you be ok with having to wait till the contract became amendable?

What would you do as the negotiator if UAL management began closing down all those cities?

Would you have a game plan to prevent the company from closing all those cities if they began that process?

Would you feel guilty if that happened and there was nothing you could do about it?

This is my last shot at haranguing you on this subject if you really don't want to participate in actual responses and possible solutions to the narrative. Again no point in any of us spinning our wheels on this subject obviously.

WeAAsles said:
We haven't even disagreed Kev. You haven't said anything for me to disagree with. Let me try this one last time even though I'm probably spinning my wheels here.

If you were at UAL would you vote no on this agreement?

If you did vote no and that passed what do you think would happen next?

If you were the negotiator would you have refused to bring this back to the members if this was the best you could get?

If you refused to bring it back would you be ok with having to wait till the contract became amendable?

What would you do as the negotiator if UAL management began closing down all those cities?

Would you have a game plan to prevent the company from closing all those cities if they began that process?

Would you feel guilty if that happened and there was nothing you could do about it?

This is my last shot at haranguing you on this subject if you really don't want to participate in actual responses and possible solutions to the narrative. Again no point in any of us spinning our wheels on this subject obviously.
It must su@k right now being at UA can't trust the company or the union

Worldport said:
It must su@k right now being at UA can't trust the company or the union
Remember the conversation about people being able to change their mindset? Trust doesn't matter. It's all about what's in black and white and signed for me.

WeAAsles said:
Remember the conversation about people being able to change their mindset? Trust doesn't matter. It's all about what's in black and white and signed for me.
I think many will be influenced by break room experts

Kev3188 said:
I don't envy 'em...
So you no longer want a Union, the IAM, that District or an "Employment Contract"?

If you still do want a Union Kev are you considering other options?

Worldport said:
I also think at $29.88  many will be saying no in the break room but voting yes
Afternoon people will be over $30.00 because they have shift differential.

WeAAsles said:
So you no longer want a Union, the IAM, that District or an "Employment Contract"?

If you still do want a Union Kev are you considering other options?
Never said any of that...

Want no part of the outmoded outgunned "leadership" we see at 141...

Reactions: 2 people

Latest posts