District 141 Survey

diogenes

Veteran
Aug 22, 2002
Here is the link to a D141 survey.

http://www.iam141.org/usairwest.htm#surveyUSA

I must admit, this is the FIRST survey of any kind I've seen the IAM put out for fleet. And I am cynical enough to call it window dressing.

Nonetheless, I urge all fleet agents to fill the survey out - especially the comment section at the bottom.

I used that part to urge the IAM to restore recall rights to fleet agents - the same recall rights our mechanic brothers and sisters still have, and the same rights our pilot and flight attendant friends enjoy.

You can voice your concerns, too.

Will the IAM act? Doubtful. But at least they won't be able to blame us for a lack of participation.

Here is the link to a D141 survey.

http://www.iam141.org/usairwest.htm#surveyUSA

I must admit, this is the FIRST survey of any kind I've seen the IAM put out for fleet. And I am cynical enough to call it window dressing.

Nonetheless, I urge all fleet agents to fill the survey out - especially the comment section at the bottom.

I used that part to urge the IAM to restore recall rights to fleet agents - the same recall rights our mechanic brothers and sisters still have, and the same rights our pilot and flight attendant friends enjoy.

You can voice your concerns, too.

Will the IAM act? Doubtful. But at least they won't be able to blame us for a lack of participation.

The IAM's survey is yet another attempt to scandalize the mind of the workers.
The transition agreement will address seniority and transition USwest employees 'into' the Judge abrogated bankrupt contract. That's all that will happen. End of story.

Unfortunately, I have heard IAM loyalist shouting loud how the IAM is going to get double time back, shift differ, extra vacations, and paid sick time back if they are voted in.
Anyone who believes that anything more than seniority and bringing USwest employees under the oppression of the Judge Abrogated bankrupt contract is either dillusional, nonsensical, or an unthinkable person.

regards,

See you were not in a union, there were improvements made in the M&R Contract when PI and PS Merged.

The IAM's survey is yet another attempt to scandalize the mind of the workers.
The transition agreement will address seniority and transition USwest employees 'into' the Judge abrogated bankrupt contract. That's all that will happen. End of story.

Unfortunately, I have heard IAM loyalist shouting loud how the IAM is going to get double time back, shift differ, extra vacations, and paid sick time back if they are voted in.( WE HAVE THAT NOW AS TEAMSTERS 104 WEST )
Anyone who believes that anything more than seniority and bringing USwest employees under the oppression of the Judge Abrogated bankrupt contract is either dillusional, nonsensical, or an unthinkable person.

regards,
DAM The contract and a cut in pay...You boys GOT TO LOOK AT WHAT YOUR UNION BROTHERS ARE FIGHTING FOR. You know US IN THE WEST IBT....... :up:

See you were not in a union, there were improvements made in the M&R Contract when PI and PS Merged.

700, repeat after me, "you are not going to get utility back the way it was." Not going to happen.

I remember the IAM's contract at US AIRWAYS and the one at Piedmont and it required Piedmont to hire hundreds of utility in the merger. Not happening this time...it's not in the agreement. Sorry Dude but the score keeps going up...US AIRWAYS 40 IAM 0.

I know, you think the IAM is going to 'flex their muscle' and 'set things straight'. After all wasn't that what they said?

FWIW Dude, US AIRWAYS ate the IAM for lunch in bankruptcy...it's over dude. The only thing that is left is the dues they are getting from you. And the IAM will lose even that if there is an election. The IAM's only hope is to continue blowing smoke about how they are going to fight like hell to get all these things you don't have as an IAM member.

regards,

You need to read the contract, it says MAY outsource, no contract language needs to be changed nor improved for jobs to come back.

And you speak so poorly of the IAM and tout the TWU yet they rolled over for AA with no bankruptcy?

Day late and a dollar short!

If anyone really believes the IAM will listen to there needs now they must also must think Palm trees are growing on the moon!

You need to read the contract, it says MAY outsource, no contract language needs to be changed nor improved for jobs to come back.

And you speak so poorly of the IAM and tout the TWU yet they rolled over for AA with no bankruptcy?
When the word "may" is used, it MAY bring it back in or it MAY send it and more out. The word may can be a dangerous word........especially in a contract. And especially with the past history there.

Times are changing at the new US Airways........palm trees may ( :D ) not be growing on the moon but they are growing in the west. ;)

That's where I think you're wrong. "May" isn't good enough to bring work back in house. It's unthinkable, dillusional and nonsensical thinking to suggest work comes back with Iron Clad contract language that says, 'may'.

FWIW: A Contract with scope clause that reads, 'may' is no better than not having a contract at all.

regards,

That's where I think you're wrong. "May" isn't good enough to bring work back in house. It's unthinkable, dillusional and nonsensical thinking to suggest work comes back with Iron Clad contract language that says, 'may'.

FWIW: A Contract with scope clause that reads, 'may' is no better than not having a contract at all.

regards,
Got to agree with that........the "may" door swings OUT easier than it swings IN.

Well the 757s that were outsourced on the east side and the 50% of the 737s that they were allowed to outsourced just swung back in on the "may" language.