Dividend Miles Service Center Supervisor?

pitflyer

Dec 18, 2002
Pittsburgh
I had a problem with Dividend Miles and was speaking to an agent and getting no where so I asked to speak to a supervisor. She told me none was available and I could not speak to one. So I went ahead and cancelled my next reservation on USAirways ($700, booked on AA instead) while pending resolution on my issue through the ever so slow Customer Relations.

My question to the employees here -- is it policy to say there are no supervisors available (this was on a regular workday at 10am EST) or did the agent make up her own rules? Even if it is policy, the agent's rudeness cost USAirways, but that aside, I would like to know if its US policy to not allow people to speak to supervisors (in my case, I just needed to fax some paperwork proving a Trip In Vain since a gate agent forgot to make the appropriate notes in the PNR). The rude agent would have none of it and transferred me to reservations, who was more nice but then transferred me to Refunds, who put me on hold for an hour and never got through.

Thanks

I had a problem with Dividend Miles and was speaking to an agent and getting no where so I asked to speak to a supervisor. She told me none was available and I could not speak to one. So I went ahead and cancelled my next reservation on USAirways ($700, booked on AA instead) while pending resolution on my issue through the ever so slow Customer Relations.

My question to the employees here -- is it policy to say there are no supervisors available (this was on a regular workday at 10am EST) or did the agent make up her own rules? Even if it is policy, the agent's rudeness cost USAirways, but that aside, I would like to know if its US policy to not allow people to speak to supervisors (in my case, I just needed to fax some paperwork proving a Trip In Vain since a gate agent forgot to make the appropriate notes in the PNR). The rude agent would have none of it and transferred me to reservations, who was more nice but then transferred me to Refunds, who put me on hold for an hour and never got through.

Thanks
hah, that's usually done when people are being jackasses of themselves and the agent hates your guts. you got screwed man.. we have a "CSD" department.. even reservations has one.. CSD acts as the supervisor. No matter what, there's one always a phone call away.. there may be a hold time.. but we can always reach one when you request to talk to a "supervisor"

hah, that's usually done when people are being jackasses of themselves and the agent hates your guts. you got screwed man.. we have a "CSD" department.. even reservations has one.. CSD acts as the supervisor. No matter what, there's one always a phone call away.. there may be a hold time.. but we can always reach one when you request to talk to a "supervisor"

That's what I thought. I guess its always in the opinion of the beholder but thought I was relatively polite -- in fact, the whole reason for asking for the supervisor was because I did not want to talk with the agent anymore.

Well, its now in the hands of Customer Relations.. maybe I got lucky and it was one of those calls that got recorded. :)

That's what I thought. I guess its always in the opinion of the beholder but thought I was relatively polite -- in fact, the whole reason for asking for the supervisor was because I did not want to talk with the agent anymore.

Well, its now in the hands of Customer Relations.. maybe I got lucky and it was one of those calls that got recorded. :)
Sorry, I meant the agent being jackasses of themselves.. I worded that funny.. I meant the agents were being jackasses and they probably hated the fact they had to do their job ;P Get them fired. heh.. obviously they don't like working.

Always make a note of who you are speaking to and their location from the beginning of your call. The rep then will bend over backwards to assist you and will transfer your call when you request. If they don't, call back and immediately request a supervisor or csd...make note of the name of the new agent that answered your call. It's amazing that once you call the rep by their name how accommodating they can become. If that doesn't work and you have to contact customer relations, give the names and locations, dates and times you spoke to that person.. It can be tracked down if you have some info. Most reps don't want any hassle and if you want to be transferred...I always said sure, hold just one moment please. One less thing I had to deal with and at that time there were no repercussions from transferring to a sup.
As the consumer I always make a note of who I spoke with..they have their notes on our conversation and so do I. It can make a difference.

As the consumer I always make a note of who I spoke with..they have their notes on our conversation and so do I. It can make a difference.

Thanks for the feedback. I did get the name of the agent, and she should be easy to track -- she made a change to my Dividend Miles account (recrediting some miles for a trip in vain) while refusing to help with recrediting some miles in my wife's account for the exact same trip in vain. (Different PNRs since I took miles out of our respective accounts for the same trip)

I am assuming that your systems would track who redeposited 80k miles into an account, so it should take USAirways all of five seconds to find out the rudest agent I've ever dealt with based on my Div Miles #. Hopefully she'll be gone soon to dragging the rest of you guys down, since if she gets that antsy from a 3 minute call where there was no yelling, wait till she deals with a REALLY ticked off customer!

You are correct they can identify who made the adjustments. Also there are DMSC supervisors sitting in INT and work with Margate(in FL).

Personally I would call back and persist in speaking to a sup. Unacceptable behavior.

You are correct they can identify who made the adjustments. Also there are DMSC supervisors sitting in INT and work with Margate(in FL).

Personally I would call back and persist in speaking to a sup. Unacceptable behavior.
Isn't the Margate facility outsourced to PRC -- not US employees???

PRC gains in US Airways outsourcing

South Florida Business Journal - April 7, 2005

http://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida/st...04/daily39.html

PRC APPOINTS KERRY CARSTAIRS AS SVP OF CLIENT SERVICES FOR TRAVEL BUSINESSES

Feb 7, 2007

Prior to joining PRC, Ms. Carstairs served as Vice President of Reservations and Direct Distribution for US Airways where she managed multi-site contact center operations which included reservations, frequent flyer programs, and website support and delivery. During this time, she managed the first ever outsourcing initiatives for the company.

http://www.prcnet.com/Press+Releases.27.146.lasso

USAirways Customer Relations was pretty useless too ... tried to get through to refunds desks a few times and after several hour long waits kept giving up. Finally got through after another hour long wait and a very helpful and polite agent resolved the issue completely. I'm sending a follow up fax since I think its important excellent customer service gets rewarded too.

USAirways Customer Relations was pretty useless too ... tried to get through to refunds desks a few times and after several hour long waits kept giving up. Finally got through after another hour long wait and a very helpful and polite agent resolved the issue completely. I'm sending a follow up fax since I think its important excellent customer service gets rewarded too.
I agree. I tried to get a refund because they charge all nonrev fees to one credit card when they were supposed to use a different source. They were not helpful at all.

Wanted to just close the loop on this one -- I tried Refunds again one day and after an hour on hold got through to a very apologetic and helpful agent who resolved the issue. Of course Customer Relations was completely useless, a month later telling me I got my miles back (no thanks to them, thanks to the refund agent) and not even touching on the major reason I contacted them -- extremely rude customer service.

I did send a follow up letter commending the refunds agent, but given they do nothing for absolutely terrible agents I don't see they'll do anything for great agents. Maybe they'll screw it up and punish the good agent. I wouldn't be surprised. So Tanisha at Dividend Miles Customer Service, you win -- treat customers like crap, your company is OK with it!

Back