DL 944 PUJ-JFK

Bummer indeed, but IIRC, at one point NYC was seeing freezing rain and poor braking. If the choice is divert to MHT and have a crew time out while you're waiting, or skid into the bay, I think most people would pick the former. The next day is just salt in the wound, but with the same reasons behind it.

Sidebar: I wonder how many people outside the industry know that most airports aren't staffed with Customs Agents?

Reactions: 1 person
Delta's response to the hassle and delay was to offer I believe 11,000 frequent flyer miles. In the past, I had problems on AA and their quick response was a voucher for a free round trip valid for a year. The delay I experienced was no where near what those on 944 had to endure. Bush league response and a lost opportunity to instill customer goodwill and gain positive publicity. Way to go Delta.

Was the 11,000 miles the only offer?  What about the passengers who do not belong to Delta's FF program?  They would have to join (unwillingly) and then fly Delta some more (unlikely) to even have enough points for a single domestic roundtrip.

In the EU, the compensation would have only been around $600-800 per person under the same circumstances, which was probably considerably more than what most people paid for their round trip.

Even Richard Anderson can't control the weather. Demanding compensation over bad luck and the weather is un-American to me...

jimntx said:
Was the 11,000 miles the only offer?  What about the passengers who do not belong to Delta's FF program?  They would have to join (unwillingly) and then fly Delta some more (unlikely) to even have enough points for a single domestic roundtrip.
Don't have to be a ff to use miles. But you do have to use them on DL

metopower said:
Don't have to be a ff to use miles. But you do have to use them on DL
Didn't say you had to be a FF, but you would have to join the FF miles program--Skymiles?  I belong to the AAdvantage program, but I'm not a FF.  (Well, not a revenue FF which is all AA cares about.  :lol:)  And, unless DL is a LOT more generous than the rest of us, 11,000 miles wouldn't get you a one-way ticket somewhere domestic.  Therefore you would have to fly more on DL despite the recent PUJ-JFK experience or sign up for the Skymiles credit card (whichever one that is) and buy stuff that gives you more miles.

11,000 miles won't even get you a one-way award.

ORD-SFO, ATL-CVG, and ATL-MCO all priced out to 12,500 looking at the entire month of March 2016...