DL already retreating from Brazil

jcw

Veteran
Aug 12, 2004
DL is already reducing MCO-BSB before they start it - what a mess it must be in route planning over there

Reactions: 2 people
With the latest schedule changes that have been announced, AA and DL are both down about 12% in terms of seats by next summer while UA is down slightly less.

jcw said:
DL is already reducing MCO-BSB before they start it - what a mess it must be in route planning over there
So is AA. Damn that airline must SUCK. MIA-VCP and MIA-FRA. 

Can't fly to SA or Europe. What a failure AA is. BK number 2 MUST be right around the corner. 

GMAFB  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 person
DL IS reducing US-Brazil service, Jim.

and they are doing it at the same PERCENTAGE reduction as AA - about 12%. UA is less.

12% reduction for DL means DL is closing 1 station. For AA, it means closing 2. UA isn't cutting any routes but is doing its reduction thru downgauges.

And since we're playing fun with numbers, Delta closing "1 station" equates to closing 33.33% of its total stations in Brazil, whereas AA "closing 2" (1 being seasonally, but whatever) equates to closing 20.00% of its total stations in Brazil.  Math is great - yea, math!

Reactions: 5 people
commavia said:
And since we're playing fun with numbers, Delta closing "1 station" equates to closing 33.33% of its total stations in Brazil, whereas AA "closing 2" (1 being seasonally, but whatever) equates to closing 20.00% of its total stations in Brazil.  Math is great - yea, math!
Okay..........point? 

The point is obvious...Delta is being praised by WT for making smart changes in network planning that WT would deride AA for doing.

WT goes as far as patently lying and manipulating the facts - e.g. falsely claiming AA is closing two stations in Brazil - to exaggerate the situation.

Reactions: 3 people
AA and DL are both reducing 12% of their capacity in Brazil. that is a fact, MAH, whether you can accept it or not. I am manipulating and exaggerating nothing.

You can manipulate facts that CWB is the only permanent casualty of AA's network plans but AA doesn't intend to operate VCP - which it started with not one but two routes - only to pull both down within a period of months.
h
No, MAH, it is business and my statement is factual.

the Brazilian economy is in the tank. AA's own executives have said so and they are having to discount deeper and deeper.
'
I'm not picking on AA. I have repeatedly noted the facts of the market which affect all 3 US carriers; their Brazilian counterparts aren't pulling back.

commavia said:
+1

Wow, abandoning a third of its stations.
Does that mean DL is slipping to #3?
We all know what happens to the #3 carrier in a given market.

Reactions: 1 person
and so does bad.

when the market is down, it is hard for anyone to be insulated from it.

As I have noted, based on published schedules at this point, DL will slightly overtake UA as the 2nd largest US airline to Brazil but only by a couple percent. UA and CO never flew to any Brazil stations other than GIG and GRU. that, for now, will be the same situation for DL after March.

MAH4546 said:
The point is obvious...Delta is being praised by WT for making smart changes in network planning that WT would deride AA for doing.

WT goes as far as patently lying and manipulating the facts - e.g. falsely claiming AA is closing two stations in Brazil - to exaggerate the situation.
And as I said in the other thread, 

you guys now feel to slip down to his level and troll also?