DL announcing raises, changes to Profit Sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.
WorldTraveler said:
High fives for DL employees in lots of places.there are even some of them that work near the cornfields and cornfields aren't just a US concept.
WT, You being in the cornfield means the mods. put you there( for good reason) and we're not aloud to post for a period of time. I was not speaking to where employees work!

Thumbs up to the Moderators!!!

Reactions: 2 people
Reactions: 3 people
robbedagain said:
Hey Pete, our scope guarantees us the company cannot outsource a number of cities thru 2018 or when a new JCBA is reached. We are guaranteed wage increases thru that time period as well plus a raise that took effect. Gee those are guarantee for us and we are union
I couldn't help but notice you said "a number of cities" couldn't be outsourced thru 2018....am i right to assume then that there are some cities that the union actually negotiated some outsourcing of their members if the company saw fit?

Also, since you mentioned you are guaranteed wage increases thru your contract would be so kind as to inform everyone of the percentages of raises? I have no problem telling you that since 2010 ACS at Delta has seen a cumulative wage increase of 25%....this of course doesn't include any profit-sharing granted throughout that timeframe, nor does it include the recently announced 14.5% increase coming in December. 

diamondcutter said:
WT, You being in the cornfield means the mods. put you there( for good reason) and we're not aloud to post for a period of time. I was not speaking to where employees work!

Thumbs up to the Moderators!!!
2 weeks without one thread shut down.  One day after a certain body returns gets yet another thread shut down after several of his postings.  The first time may be temp. if he keeps it up hopefully the mods will make it perm.  He shows no signs of letting up we see.  Delta "Economy Minus" is now shut down. Way to go WT (cloudskimmer)

townpete said:
Despite what you lie about, it still happens A L L. T H E. T I M E!

It's only challenged when it's noticed and lawsuits are initiated.

Try using Google, you might learn something new.

https://www.google.com/search?q=union+dues+to+political+campaigns&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#hl=en-us&q=union+dues+lawsuits+to+political+campaigns
Dues money can be used for voter education and Get Out to Vote drives.

Dues money cant be given to a candidate nor a party, read the Labor Management Disclosure Reporting Act.

That is why unions have Political Action Committees, the IAM has the MNPL and TWU has COPE.

Take your own advice and educate yourself.

Lucky777 said:
I couldn't help but notice you said "a number of cities" couldn't be outsourced thru 2018....am i right to assume then that there are some cities that the union actually negotiated some outsourcing of their members if the company saw fit?

Also, since you mentioned you are guaranteed wage increases thru your contract would be so kind as to inform everyone of the percentages of raises? I have no problem telling you that since 2010 ACS at Delta has seen a cumulative wage increase of 25%....this of course doesn't include any profit-sharing granted throughout that timeframe, nor does it include the recently announced 14.5% increase coming in December. 
can you tell us what you are guaranteed till 2018? 

Doesn't have to be pay, anything Delta guarantees you at all. 

swamt said:
Then let them go back. I bet not one will.  Tell them to go back then.  They won't...

Of course, and you know it...
we have had plenty of people from FL and WN come (back) to Delta...... 

robbedagain said:
wrong pete   CWA folks at LUS get PS and theyre in the union  yes union   they've made out pretty darn good in past few yrs with PS    but the down side is they do not have a retirement or 401k
robbed CWA does have a 401

thx Albert  

Lucky  when our 2014 contract was ratified  it includes the fact the company cannot outsource any city unless the mainline count goes to 7 a week  or 1 per day for a 1 calendar yr period.   and that is also including AA metal.   While we FSA do not have 401k we do have the IAMPF   Whether its good  or bad is personal opinion   Our contract gives us wage increases  plus the September 2.1% increase   However  when the Assoc goes in to negotiate a JCBA  you can bet that they will use DL and the 14.5 as a jumping start and go from there..   But I feel that if the company is going to give it to us  they will want to do away with catering and go with LSG   may be cargo  but I hope not as I do not see the need to give up anything period.   Some of the folks I work with used to work in DC and the company for yrs wanted to do away with our catering however when they ran the numbers vs outsourcing  ours is always cheaper than LSG for example.  

700UW said:
Wrong they were offered preferential hiring into open ramp jobs.

I was on the NC during chapter 11 part two when our CBA was abrogated.

In the final offer which the membership ratified contained an LOA offering the fleet jobs.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

And many former utility received an upgrade into stores after the layoff.

Stick to things you know , the mechanic and related CBA, isn't something you know nor worked under.
Preferential hiring means they were starting from  day 1 on the ramp. 700 we were in bankruptcy, about ready to close the doors. How many people do you think they were going to hire? Stop sugarcoating. I have a question for you if DL does collect enough cards for a vote will the ready reserve be eligible to vote? Dont forget they only work a certain amount of hours and may not be considered.  If you don't know the answer say you dont know don't make up some B/S

The letter wasnt a one time deal, and they were hiring in CLT and PHL, so like I said, dont let the facts get in your way.

I was on the NC, I was privy to the financials and such, you were in LGA working, I was in DC at CCY and in bankruptcy court.

Ready Reserves are eligible to sign cards and vote, there is a flyer about RR on the grassroots thread.

And take your own advice and stop posting and making things up that you dont know about.

Insult someone else, not me.

topDawg said:
can you tell us what you are guaranteed till 2018? 

Doesn't have to be pay, anything Delta guarantees you at all. 

we have had plenty of people from FL and WN come (back) to Delta...... 
Ok. You say "back" to Delta?  I could very well see someone going "back" to Delta, but I was more along the lines of leaving SWA to start fresh at Delta.  I have not heard of any (not saying it has never happened) but it would be rare.  We have 20+ years veterans leaving Delta to other airlines as well as SWA. We also have 24+ year veterans leaving AA and starting all over at other airlines, what you won't find is a veteran of SWA leaving for another airline to start all over UNLESS he was fired or was asked to resign instead of being fired...

Status
Not open for further replies.