DL announcing raises, changes to Profit Sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.
700UW said:
Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

It took US to file CHAPTER 11 BANKRUPTCY in order to NEGOTIATE concessions and have you VOTE on them.

Did DL negotiate with the ramp when they FORCED concessions on them?

Did DL negotiate in 2012 when they cut their profit sharing by 33%?
 So DL had a pay cut forced on them and US had a  pay cut negotiated for them. Sounds ludicrous

Reactions: 1 person
What did US do to the ramp in 92 when you were non-union?

And you are wrong that you lost more under a union than no -Union and its quite clear you have no idea about union vs non-union and chapter 11.

Is it the union's fault airline management was clueless?

700UW said:
A unionized Stock Clerk at AA and US makes more than you.

And I wont stoop to your level boob.
Go work for Eulen or DGS for $10 an hour, and let someone who actually cares about what their union negotiated enjoy the CBA.

DL is hiring Ready Reserve, go work for $12 an hour with no benefits, you will fit right in.
R/R will go up to $14 in DecI think that is more than a 2nd year man at the IAM represented US

Does that second year man have his/hers hours capped at US?

Does that second year man have health insurance, a pension, vacation, a grievance procedure?

Does that second year man have annual raises?

And please tell the board what that RR at Delta has besides travel?

700UW said:
What did US do to the ramp in 92 when you were non-union?

And you are wrong that you lost more under a union than no -Union and its quite clear you have no idea about union vs non-union and chapter 11.

Is it the union's fault airline management was clueless?
Do you remember the second bankruptcy  they chopped us down to like  15 dollars an hour. If the company wants to get rid of you they will, all a union can do is maybe delay it

Keep avoiding answering, you are truly uneducated on what happened.

Do you understand section 1113 of the bankruptcy code?

It's quite apparent you don't.

Don't bring a pea shooter to a gun fight.

700UW said:
Does that second year man have his/hers hours capped at US?

Does that second year man have health insurance, a pension, vacation, a grievance procedure?

Does that second year man have annual raises?

And please tell the board what that RR at Delta has besides travel?
I'll answer those questions just as soon as you tell everyone why you perpetuated the lie not once, but TWICE about ready reserves not being eligible for the upcoming raise....you're more than welcome to your own opinions of course, but facts are a completely different subject.

Reactions: 2 people
700UW said:

I dont  know specifically what you are asking me.What are you talking about when they changed sick days to PDOs? When they took away catering.freight,mail what? Did the union people fare better with the cuts ? Yes that is why i voted yes to a union. But over the years the union people took cuts just as bad  and utility was outsourced And another thing for those DL people that are reading this. 700 the union rep is condescending and belligerant look at his replies  I'll bet a DL manager never was that nasty to you

Reactions: 3 people
robbedagain said:
Bob   READ the SCOPE in the 2014 contract   or better yet  go join MGMT since youre pro mgmt. and anti union

Robbed you have been here awhile what good did our union contracts do us? You said a cleaning vendor was doing work they shouldnt be doing has that been resolved? How long does it take to resolve a grievance. Even with a union contract you still sound worried that they will outsource your station Im not anti union from my observations and converstations I dont think DL needs a union. Do you remember how long it took us to get a contract 4 or 5 years. I think the DL people should know this and make up ther own minds

Im not worried about my station being outsourced   Its my understanding that prior to the 2014 contract our union fought the company from tossing out about 4 or 5 cities including mine.   Prior to taking over AA metal we had 14 mainline jets a day  now with AA included its 20 mainline jets a day plus commuters.    As for grievance I am fully aware it can take a while  hence my own personal one is on going since 2009  awaiting arbitration   but for something to the tune of the sta mgr taking our cleaning turn flights away the union and its higher ups are fully investigating it  and we had union visit about 2 weeks ago   I do not think it will take too long but I do not know for sure.  The union came on in 1995 and first contract came in 99 and I was one yr into my job and I voted for it.    I understand ur side of DL not needing one  but we hired about 10 former RR from DL and they said they prefer having ours over DL bec after 10 plus yrs as RR DL was not going to move them anywhere  regardless what some posters said   I know bec I work with these guys and theyre dam good peeps too   They topped out as RR at 12 an hr  here with us they know what they'll top out at plus benefits     I do know in the mid 2000s that while the union was up against the judge  I did lose my job  and was furloughed for about 3 yrs and 3 months before being recalled to my current city    If you want a good contract I always say the longer it takes to get one  the better the new contract would be    We have had some crappy ones before  but this 2014 contract is dam good compared to the 05 and 08 ones.     I feel your plight there  and Im sorry you went thru that    Did that happen in the 05 contract or 08?    Did anyone grieve it?   If so what was the outcome?     A union is only as good as the members  and members should be willing to step up and make their feelings known.    AS cleaned house in SEA?? and the IAM took them to court     But if you look at DL and the track record they have  would you want RR with no benes  or anything and top out at such and such amt   would you want parts of the ramp outsourced?   those are just some of the things I look at

700UW said:
Every non union baggage handling subcontracting conpany pays their workers the lowest possible rates that with the airport or city let's them get away with, with no benefits. These few Einsteins really, really believe that Delta is just the kindest Southern hospitality corporate soul alive. They're making boatloads of money so everyone there is whistling Dixie and skipping rocks on the pond. Yep it has ZERO to do with all the gains over 50 years made by UNIONIZED airlines that existed and continue to exist today. Nope it had nothing and I mean nothing to do with all that collective bargaining so many times over at so many airlines. Nope zero. Not even the slightest bit did that influence ANYTHING at Delta. NOTHING to do at all with the IAM nipping at managements heels. All the other drives at that airline as well. ZERO to do also in any way shape or form with anything NWA people brought to the table with the merger. Nope nothing zero.

60k per year plus benefits to be a baggage handler when the average person who lifts bags in the US makes 24k (most withput benefits) according to BLS. Yep its an aberration. Some kind of freak of nature. To be soooooo off the number of market rate. Yepppers again ZERO. All it is is that Delta management is the absolute coolest management team on the planet walking. Had there only been no unions EVER in this industry, HELL we'd probably ALL be making even MORE right now. No doubt in my mind.

BIG TIME PFFT......

WeAAsles said:
Every non union baggage handling subcontracting conpany pays their workers the lowest possible rates that with the airport or city let's them get away with, with no benefits. These few Einsteins really, really believe that Delta is just the kindest Southern hospitality corporate soul alive. They're making boatloads of money so everyone there is whistling Dixie and skipping rocks on the pond. Yep it has ZERO to do with all the gains over 50 years made by UNIONIZED airlines that existed and continue to exist today. Nope it had nothing and I mean nothing to do with all that collective bargaining so many times over at so many airlines. Nope zero. Not even the slightest bit did that influence ANYTHING at Delta. NOTHING to do at all with the IAM nipping at managements heels. All the other drives at that airline as well. ZERO to do also in any way shape or form with anything NWA people brought to the table with the merger. Nope nothing zero.

60k per year plus benefits to be a baggage handler when the average person who lifts bags in the US makes 24k (most withput benefits) according to BLS. Yep its an aberration. Some kind of freak of nature. To be soooooo off the number of market rate. Yepppers again ZERO. All it is is that Delta management is the absolute coolest management team on the planet walking. Had there only been no unions EVER in this industry, HELL we'd probably ALL be making even MORE right now. No doubt in my mind.

BIG TIME PFFT......
Every UNION baggage handling subcontractor also pays their workers the lowest possible wage. Of course unions helped  get good wages and benefits 30/40 years ago. Now they want as many workers as possible to pay dues even if it dilutes everyones benefits. Weaaz your forgetting a lot of the subcontractors are union too. Ive seen so many jobs contracted out and the very same union who represented the displaced employees try to organize their replacements

robbedagain said:
Im not worried about my station being outsourced   Its my understanding that prior to the 2014 contract our union fought the company from tossing out about 4 or 5 cities including mine.   Prior to taking over AA metal we had 14 mainline jets a day  now with AA included its 20 mainline jets a day plus commuters.    As for grievance I am fully aware it can take a while  hence my own personal one is on going since 2009  awaiting arbitration   but for something to the tune of the sta mgr taking our cleaning turn flights away the union and its higher ups are fully investigating it  and we had union visit about 2 weeks ago   I do not think it will take too long but I do not know for sure.  The union came on in 1995 and first contract came in 99 and I was one yr into my job and I voted for it.    I understand ur side of DL not needing one  but we hired about 10 former RR from DL and they said they prefer having ours over DL bec after 10 plus yrs as RR DL was not going to move them anywhere  regardless what some posters said   I know bec I work with these guys and theyre dam good peeps too   They topped out as RR at 12 an hr  here with us they know what they'll top out at plus benefits     I do know in the mid 2000s that while the union was up against the judge  I did lose my job  and was furloughed for about 3 yrs and 3 months before being recalled to my current city    If you want a good contract I always say the longer it takes to get one  the better the new contract would be    We have had some crappy ones before  but this 2014 contract is dam good compared to the 05 and 08 ones.     I feel your plight there  and Im sorry you went thru that    Did that happen in the 05 contract or 08?    Did anyone grieve it?   If so what was the outcome?     A union is only as good as the members  and members should be willing to step up and make their feelings known.    AS cleaned house in SEA?? and the IAM took them to court     But if you look at DL and the track record they have  would you want RR with no benes  or anything and top out at such and such amt   would you want parts of the ramp outsourced?   those are just some of the things I look at
Bob with his time would be that Ready Reserve you talked about Robbed. The other guy just might be too. And today they'd still be hearing empty promises.

WeAAsles said:

BIG TIME PFFT......
$60,000 a year isn't ironic non union DL makes the most

Status
Not open for further replies.