DL announcing raises, changes to Profit Sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.
southwind said:
Hell, unions themselves are based on money.....period!
How many unions, do you think would be in "BUSINESS" right now without dues payers giving them money?

And nope, never said I was laid off or dropped.

OK, so maybe they just got kicked in one nut.....feel better now?
none of that has anything to do with what I have said. 
I'm sure it hurts the drive(s) how much is unknown by me or you. Again, if the union drive(s) are based on things other than pay (and to my understanding both of them aren't related to pay but to work rules, scope and insurance) then it doesn't hurt the union drive all that much. 
Delta employees, me, you, kev, baba, etc all know how well paid we are. The issue for some are things like outsourcing, work rules, ready reserve, higher and higher insurance and lack of pension restoration now that the company is back to being healthy. (note, I don't mean getting the DB plan back, its done.....gone......finished but IMO its a f--in joke that WN and the Delta pilots have a much higher 401K match/contribution than we do.)

Sorry, I thought at one point you had said you were furloughed or bumped from mechanic to helper. My mistake.    

townpete said:
Another sour union drone showing his true colors.
hey look you still don't know what you are talking about. 

Reactions: 1 person
dawg,
just a quick note that WN pilots are not happy with their pension contributions compared to DL and UA pilots... both of which had theirs terminated in BK (at least PMDL pilots). AA had their DB pensions frozen while WN never provided a DB plan. There also isn't a single pilot group that is not happy wiht the degradation of scope including the WN TA which will allow WN to start international codesharing.

Pilots are not convinced they have cracked the code on retaining what matters to them.

Speaking in regards to ACS (Fleet) I haven't once said that the new TOS pay rate at DL isn't incredible. Hell you guys even get Shift Differential that we're going to have to wait to get back. So your new rates on top of hopefully many years to come of healthy Profit Sharing checks absolutely sets the standard. Again well earned and deserved. And yes admittedly I'm jealous that I have to wait to get there myself.

The big thing I talk about is having something in place to protect that. IF IF something happens in your career that's a massive thing to lose and there's nothing in place to really be able to get it back if you shouldn't have lost it in the first place (Kip Hedges) Ok so some of the posters on here HATE Unions. So can I walk into my managers office with my personal Lawyer and ask for an "Employment Contract" then without being laughed out of the room? 

I had to sign a rental contract, now signed a mortgage contract, an electricity contract, a phone contract, an auto insurance contract, a cable and internet contract, I go to an auto repair shop and they have me sign a service contract and I'm going to have a General contractor do work on my new condo and I'm sure that he's going to want me to sign a contract as well? (My Cousin's Fiancee) Top executives for all of the airlines sign contracts for their "Talents" But according to many of the posters here, I "WE" shouldn't have or expect (Or even ask) for one to protect our livelihoods (Insurance)

Why?

WeAAsles said:
Speaking in regards to ACS (Fleet) I haven't once said that the new TOS pay rate at DL isn't incredible. Hell you guys even get Shift Differential that we're going to have to wait to get back. So your new rates on top of hopefully many years to come of healthy Profit Sharing checks absolutely sets the standard. Again well earned and deserved. And yes admittedly I'm jealous that I have to wait to get there myself.

The big thing I talk about is having something in place to protect that. IF IF something happens in your career that's a massive thing to lose and there's nothing in place to really be able to get it back if you shouldn't have lost it in the first place (Kip Hedges) Ok so some of the posters on here HATE Unions. So can I walk into my managers office with my personal Lawyer and ask for an "Employment Contract" then without being laughed out of the room? 

I had to sign a rental contract, now signed a mortgage contract, an electricity contract, a phone contract, an auto insurance contract, a cable and internet contract, I go to an auto repair shop and they have me sign a service contract and I'm going to have a General contractor do work on my new condo and I'm sure that he's going to want me to sign a contract as well? (My Cousin's Fiancee) Top executives for all of the airlines sign contracts for their "Talents" But according to many of the posters here, I "WE" shouldn't have or expect (Or even ask) for one to protect our livelihoods (Insurance)

Why?
Maybe I'm a whipped dog, maybe because I come from one of the weaker (weakest one standing) airline I  feel a contact really didnt do me much good . The contracts were broken in bankruptcy and could be broken in bankruptcy again Dl witout a contract didnt do much worse than all the  other airlines that have a contract.

Kev3188 said:
Dawg-- In my experience, pay rarely tops the list of reasons for signing an A card...

topDawg said:
same here. It is almost always work rules and scope. 
I would also throw in Job security benefits in there as well.  100% of people outside of the unions always says it has to do with pay, pay is kinda a bonus that does come with being unionized but falls more like # 4 or even #5 in some cases.  Job security, rules, scope, and even the way people are treated usually come before pay as reasons to go union. It all depends on who who talk to, everyone is different in the order that these fall, but pay is about 98% of the time in the lower end of the reasons to go union...

Albert said:
Maybe I'm a whipped dog, maybe because I come from one of the weaker (weakest one standing) airline I  feel a contact really didnt do me much good . The contracts were broken in bankruptcy and could be broken in bankruptcy again Dl witout a contract didnt do much worse than all the  other airlines that have a contract.
Albert, please understand something.  Just because you are union doesn't mean your untouchable. But being union gives you a voice and a nego process when **** does hit the fan.  Example;  let's say SWA went BK, being union we would have the nego process to work thru it all.  Say Delta goes BK there is no nego process and the co will impose whatever they want to impose. And when co's have the power to do this they will usually take too much from the employees than what was really needed. Being unionized does not mean you are untouchable.  It's a fine line when airlines go BK because the co could file for abrogation of the contracts if the unions are being too hard headed and usually the judges grant them to the co's...

topDawg said:
same here. It is almost always work rules and scope. 
 And it's painfully obvious that while those issues may be of the utmost importance to you and some other people, it's clearly not to a majority of Dept. 120. If it were, Delta ramp would have been unionized long ago. Or perhaps the unions haven't done their due diligence on what it is exactly that Delta ramp worries about most.

swamt said:

I would also throw in Job security benefits in there as well.  100% of people outside of the unions always says it has to do with pay, pay is kinda a bonus that does come with being unionized but falls more like # 4 or even #5 in some cases.  Job security, rules, scope, and even the way people are treated usually come before pay as reasons to go union. It all depends on who who talk to, everyone is different in the order that these fall, but pay is about 98% of the time in the lower end of the reasons to go union...
Let's assume you're right about job security being at or very near the top of what matters most to folks on the ramp....one would have to assume that after numerous failed attempts for unions to be successful in Dept. 120 at Delta that the folks here aren't nearly as scared about losing their jobs as the unions would like them to believe.

I think you and Kev  putting far too little significance on where pay ranks overall with the employees at Delta.

swamt said:
Albert, please understand something.  Just because you are union doesn't mean your untouchable. But being union gives you a voice and a nego process when #### does hit the fan.  Example;  let's say SWA went BK, being union we would have the nego process to work thru it all.  Say Delta goes BK there is no nego process and the co will impose whatever they want to impose. And when co's have the power to do this they will usually take too much from the employees than what was really needed. Being unionized does not mean you are untouchable.  It's a fine line when airlines go BK because the co could file for abrogation of the contracts if the unions are being too hard headed and usually the judges grant them to the co's...
700 probably remembers but the second bankruptcy I dont think (remember) if  anything was negotiated  there was like some emergency
reduction or something I dont think fleets contract was abrogated. It was a dark part of my life that I dont like to relive

Albert said:
700 probably remembers but the second bankruptcy I dont think (remember) if  anything was negotiated  there was like some emergency
reduction or something I dont think fleets contract was abrogated. It was a dark part of my life that I dont like to relive
The Section 1113 E motion was filed when US filed chapter 11 the first time in August of 2002.

They asked for an immediate temporary pay cut of 20% Judge Stephen (rubber stamp) Mitchell granted an immediate 19% paycut on all unionized employees, the company imposed whatever they wanted on non-union.

UA did the same when they filed chapter 11.

Still waiting on a reply concerning how long the card drive, if one is even going, HAS been going on for ramp and will f so, what is so hard about distributing cards to eligible voters and setting a time for them to be returned!

700UW said:
The Section 1113 E motion was filed when US filed chapter 11 the first time in August of 2002.

They asked for an immediate temporary pay cut of 20% Judge Stephen (rubber stamp) Mitchell granted an immediate 19% paycut on all unionized employees, the company imposed whatever they wanted on non-union.

UA did the same when they filed chapter 11.
No it was the second bankruptcy I remember bruce lakefield(?) was in charge.I remember him saying (he had a distinct voice) that he would try to raise the pay later

This thread is far enough off track that to get it back would involve gutting it almost entirely. Therefore, it is being locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts