DL announcing raises, changes to Profit Sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albert said:
Are you positive about that I'm thinking Alaska ramp,British reservations and cargo and Japan cargo among others
Did you mean Frontier Airlines?

Frontier did not have a CBA yet remember. And I don't know what the laws are outside the USA.

Under the RLA "Contracts" don't expire. They only become amendable.

townpete said:
And like Kev has already (insultingly) displayed, if you get stuck with a sh!tty union, after having smoke blown up your rear, its your fault.

No thanks
Not what I said at all.

That said, if you (collectively) elect people who subsequently faceplant and don't do anything to change it? Your fault.

A union is only as strong as it's members.

Kev3188 said:
Not what I said at all.

That said, if you (collectively) elect people who subsequently faceplant and don't do anything to change it? Your fault.

A union is only as strong as it's members.

Funny how that changes things don't it?

Somehow i keep missing that in the sales pitch.

That needs to be a huge effing asterisk at any union drive. With a wall of fine print.

If you do choose to vote in a union, all the over blown claims of benefits, unicorns, rainbows etc. may not happen.
However if it does, its because of a union.
If it doesn't, then its your fault.  

Reactions: 2 people
Congratulations to all employees in hubs and who have job protection provisions.

The ready reserve program is paying off in spades.

Look at the shiny coin over here! ;-)

BTW, Who of you got that raise in writing (other than the executives that have contracts)?

Make sure you put away anything extra now.

Reactions: 3 people
metopower said:
Pilots will get exactly what the other employee have....OR DL will change it to what the pilots get. In my opinion and experience it WILL be the same. Pilots are not the sharpest tools in the box...it hurts but so does the truth sometimes
I am quite sure you will get all of this and more. Of course you will also get either a signing bonus or retro.

IMHO, it was a great move by the rank and file to vote that down. You are now in the catbird seat.

Your moment is near.

Reactions: 1 person
Glenn Quagmire said:
Congratulations to all employees in hubs and who have job protection provisions.

The ready reserve program is paying off in spades.

Look at the shiny coin over here! ;-)

BTW, Who of you got that raise in writing (other than the executives that have contracts)?

Make sure you put away anything extra now.
+1

I certainly hope there isn't another shoe getting ready to drop...

Reactions: 1 person
eolesen said:
While I'd love to see other airlines match the rates, I don't think they will.AA, UA, and WN know nobody's jumping ship to join DL and starting over on the seniority ladder.
I did after 23 years at AA. I'll admit it took an early out package and retirement to send me over.. You wouldn't believe how many here at WN jumped ship from AA,DL, and UA without those incentives. Yes, WN is that much better.

Congrats'  to KEV and ALL the   'BIG RED' people.  NOBODY deserves it more than you guys.  Maybe (even with this) the NW people will one day break even after all that Steenland and Big 'DICK  stole from you guys  via thier CONSPIRICY  !

14.5% raise out of the blue, Hmmmm. Another great move by Delta to keep the unions out. They do this every time there is a drive.  Notice in the announcement that all "non-union" employees will receive this bump in pay and 401K match.  I say, take the increase and still vote in the union for job protections...

Reactions: 3 people
Kev or any Delta mechanic;  Where will this new 14.5% raise put a Delta mechanic come Dec 1, 2015? 
  Congrats to you all for the great news.  Perfect timing for the up coming holidays. I still think it's a move by the co to hold off the unions from expanding into Delta.  Can someone break it down on a per hour basis pls?...

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts