DL announcing raises, changes to Profit Sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.
swamt said:
Kev or any Delta mechanic;  Where will this new 14.5% raise put a Delta mechanic come Dec 1, 2015? 
  Congrats to you all for the great news.  Perfect timing for the up coming holidays. I still think it's a move by the co to hold off the unions from expanding into Delta.  Can someone break it down on a per hour basis pls?...
$41.14/hr. Is the new TOS rate, not including licenses, shift differential, etc...

Delta employee pay rates will now be very close to Southwest's and maybe higher and so will the profit sharing percentage per employee.

Actually, with this raise Delta will leapfrog Southwest by a fairly healthy margin. Top base pay rate at Delta for ACS will now be $28.42 per hour, not including any shift differential of course. Last I checked Southwest was at around $26.50, at least on the ramp. I'm not entirely sure at what percentage LUV pays out profit sharing, however.

Reactions: 2 people
The group over at the WC howling monkey FB are not having a good time with this at all.

Its like someone has run over their kitten. Repeatedly.

Ive never seen so many upset with getting a raise.

Some of the response are:

How can they legally do this?

This is a form of harassment!

it_isnt_fair_love_other_drugs.gif

God bless them.....lol

Reactions: 1 person
Kev3188 said:
$41.14/hr. Is the new TOS rate, not including licenses, shift differential, etc...
Thx Kev. What is lic and shift diff pay at Delta?  Delta smart to hand out the raise announcement now, but hold off starting it until Dec 1st.  The employees already know it's coming and Delta has time to take the hit in later quarters.  Also before the SWA mechanics get there new rates as they are in mediation now.

cloudskimmer said:
Delta employee pay rates will now be very close to Southwest's and maybe higher and so will the profit sharing percentage per employee.
I hope they are higher than SWA's pay.  Congrats to all of you getting the raises...

Lucky777 said:
Actually, with this raise Delta will leapfrog Southwest by a fairly healthy margin. Top base pay rate at Delta for ACS will now be $28.42 per hour, not including any shift differential of course. Last I checked Southwest was at around $26.50, at least on the ramp. I'm not entirely sure at what percentage LUV pays out profit sharing, however.
I hope you guys do leapfrog us.  Although I think ramp is right at 28 per hour at SWA not 26. I will double check and get back with the correct numbers for rampers.  Last years PS pay-out was 9.5% of total yearly compensation (incl O/T and extra hours worked).  Some mechs received over 2 moths comp in PS and some over 1 months comp, the average works out to about 1 1/2 months pay was paid out in PS. Differences being how much O/T and give a ways some one worked.

If the total comp for the mechanics go to 46-48 then you guys will indeed leapfrog the mechs at SWA. I really hope you guys are able to do so. I have no problem with it and hope for the best for you guys. Your leapfrog will range from 2-4 per hour if the totals add up.  Delta not stupid.  Pay these guys above SWA wages and bamm, the unions are kept out once again...

swamt said:
Thx Kev. What is lic and shift diff pay at Delta?  Delta smart to hand out the raise announcement now, but hold off starting it until Dec 1st.  The employees already know it's coming and Delta has time to take the hit in later quarters.  Also before the SWA mechanics get there new rates as they are in mediation now.

I hope they are higher than SWA's pay.  Congrats to all of you getting the raises...

I hope you guys do leapfrog us.  Although I think ramp is right at 28 per hour at SWA not 26. I will double check and get back with the correct numbers for rampers.  Last years PS pay-out was 9.5% of total yearly compensation (incl O/T and extra hours worked).  Some mechs received over 2 moths comp in PS and some over 1 months comp, the average works out to about 1 1/2 months pay was paid out in PS. Differences being how much O/T and give a ways some one worked.

If the total comp for the mechanics go to 46-48 then you guys will indeed leapfrog the mechs at SWA. I really hope you guys are able to do so. I have no problem with it and hope for the best for you guys. Your leapfrog will range from 2-4 per hour if the totals add up.  Delta not stupid.  Pay these guys above SWA wages and bamm, the unions are kept out once again...
License pay is $2.13/hr. (Max of 2).

Shift diff. is .45/hr. for 2nd shift & .52/hr. for 3rd.

WeAAsles said:
Did you mean Frontier Airlines?

Frontier did not have a CBA yet remember. And I don't know what the laws are outside the USA.

Under the RLA "Contracts" don't expire. They only become amendable.
No Alaska, the airline booted the IAM.

These pay raises at Delta will pressure both Delta pilots to come up with a new contract but also pressure other airlines that are negotiating with their labor groups. It would seem that this increase in salaries will cost Delta but I think someone made a comment once that Delta wanted a new pilot contract to increase other airlines' labor costs.

Albert said:
No Alaska, the airline booted the IAM.
Wrong, tell the whole story.

The IAM still represents ramp where AS has its own staff, and the IAM also represents the CSA and RES at AS.

And the IAM won the arbitration against AS when they outsourced SEA ramp, the IAM won and they negotiated a settlement for the effected SEA rampers.

Dont let the facts get in your way.

700UW said:
Wrong, tell the whole story.

The IAM still represents ramp where AS has its own staff, and the IAM also represents the CSA and RES at AS.

And the IAM won the arbitration against AS when they outsourced SEA ramp, the IAM won and they negotiated a settlement for the effected SEA rampers.

Dont let the facts get in your way.
Weaazles was saying IAM members cant be outsourced. Well I disagree

At AS, AS violated the CBA, and did you even read your  PMUS CBA?

The PMUS IAM CBA has the best scope language of any airline.

And it took bankruptcy and CBA violations for the airlines to outsource.

DL brought 12 stations to the NW merger, and NW brought 40, DL has 43 stations on the ramp (40% being ready reserve employees with no benefits and make a maximum pay of $12 an hour and have their hours capped.  The new AA has 50 ramp stations, large stations at DL like CLT, MIA and RDU are all outsourced and DL hasnt added one station since the merger, but has cut and reduced.

700UW said:
At AS, AS violated the CBA, and did you even read your  PMUS CBA?

The PMUS IAM CBA has the best scope language of any airline.

And it took bankruptcy and CBA violations for the airlines to outsource.

DL brought 12 stations to the NW merger, and NW brought 40, DL has 43 stations on the ramp (40% being ready reserve employees with no benefits and make a maximum pay of $12 an hour and have their hours capped.  The new AA has 50 ramp stations, large stations at DL like CLT, MIA and RDU are all outsourced and DL hasnt added one station since the merger, but has cut and reduced.
Here at LGA DL  Mainline ramp agents work hundreds of t DL Connection flights. Here at LGA  American Eagle flights are worked by
Envoy at a much lower pay scale ironically represented by the TWU

I hope you guys do leapfrog us.  Although I think ramp is right at 28 per hour at SWA not 26. I will double check and get back with the correct numbers for rampers.  Last years PS pay-out was 9.5% of total yearly compensation (incl O/T and extra hours worked).  

Based on numbers I found Southwest tops of at $26.63 currently on the ramp and they were the highest paid followed closely by United at $25.97.... If nothing else this gives that other unions a jumping off point in their negotiations.

Albert said:
Here at LGA DL  Mainline ramp agents work hundreds of t DL Connection flights. Here at LGA  American Eagle flights are worked by
Envoy at a much lower pay scale ironically represented by the TWU
And the bagroom is staffed by vendors as are all the MAT flights.

DL has vendors working along side of mainline employees and the 40% Ready Reserve which DL's stated goal is 50% making $12 an hour with no raises, no benefits and hours capped.

40% of the LGA ACS are Ready Reserve, making $12 an hour just like a vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts