DL BOS-LGA Shuttle goes mainline

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is easier to get a revenue "premium" with fewer seats. An e175 has a greater ratio of first class seats than a S80. And a smaller number of seats to sell, means a smaller amount of discounting that may have to be done to fill the flight.u

the DL Shuttle was a single class product for years.

It, like US, IIRC, became dual class because aircraft rotate between the Shuttle with the rest of the system.

If DL allows connections to/from the BOS-LGA leg with the move, as I suspect they will, the FC seats will be more heavily used for generating system revenue rather than just on the BOS-LGA leg. 

Since you're the Delta genius, you should already know DL operated LGA-BOS out of the MAT with Airbuses not too long ago, what changed, please?

if you read my comments, it was about who worked the flights, not the type of aircraft. Several mainline types have been on the Shuttle since the dedicated 727s were retired.

The 319 is too heavy for short flights and is better used for long domestic flights.

the 717 is ideal for these type of flights.

Praytell, does the business traveler from manhattan read those signs, or does Habeeb the cab driver who just got off the boat two weeks ago from Bangladesh read those signs?

And who lives in NYC, you, or me?
once again, DL passengers manage to get to the gate enough for DL to get a revenue premium  to ORD and for DL to have the largest share of the LGA-BOS and LGA-DCA local markets.

I could care less who reads what.... the statistics speak for themselves.

I sure wish Whiskey Tango could see the look on the biz travelers' faces, when I tell them they have to exit security and get on the red circular port authority bus to take them over to the MAT when their plane departs in 40 minutes... And you know they take it out on me because I am an airline employee in an airline uniform (the first one they saw, natch) even though I'm not getting paid for that ish...

Forum addendum: my DL domestic partner of 4 years asked me to leave and we are no longer together, so I no longer have DL pass privileges, if anyone's keeping track. Long story short, he's a cheating douche.

sorry to hear of the breakup but you will only have to explain to AA/US customers about their split terminal operation - and you can do it in LAX as well. You and a whole lot of people could be kept busy out there.

BTW, DL doesn't allow connections to/from the Shuttle at LGA. They couldn't even get past security with a boarding pass with a Shuttle flight. And there are signs on the curb at the main terminals regarding what flights leave from the MAT.

If they step out of the cab or car and still miss it, plus ignore all of the advisories at booking, I'm not sure what more anyone could do... but you don't have to worry your little self w/ DL's problems any more.

Liar. That was Ad, not me.

AA hasn't been chasing share -- they've traditionally held about half the ORD-LGA market, and it's only gone up since UA de-emphasised LGA after their merger, lest it start to cannibalize ORD-EWR.

Enjoy the data while you can. Once US & AA get their corporate contracts harmonized, I'd expect to see things improving as far as average revenue goes.
I may have missed who have said it and certainly don't want to incite you to call someone a liar but didn't you just say something about diminishing returns.?

It is about diminishing returns for DL but if AA gets $35 less in average fare, it doesn't apply to AA or isn't about diminishing returns?

I most definitely said there were diminishing returns.

Nowhere did I say that it was a DL specific problem. That's your own invention.

Reactions: 2 people
My point was that the MAT is perfectly capable of handling A319s, why not 717s? At least they would be consistent by keeping the shuttle flights together that way.

AdAstraPerAspera said:
because I am an airline employee in an airline uniform (the first one they saw, natch) even though I'm not getting paid for that ish...
That happens to me too... I guess all the Delta labels I'm wearing are invisible. Lol.

Forum addendum: my DL domestic partner of 4 years asked me to leave and we are no longer together, so I no longer have DL pass privileges, if anyone's keeping track. Long story short, he's a cheating douche.
That's a tough spot to be in. I'm sorry to see that...

Reactions: 3 people
WT, it's really not that difficult: AA flights depart from one terminal, US flights depart from another. Where's the confusion?

And yes I will miss DL flight bennies but now that AA flies HKG I can still easily get to my dad, and since I haven't needed to commute to Chicago on the shuttle anymore. Specific to this topic, back when I still commuted, I never had any problems nonrevving to ORD from LGA on the shuttle 175s, they were never full (except during the LGA bad weather irrops, naturally). The AA and UA flights were always full. It makes me wonder how DL commands a fare premium on the market considering AA's hard and soft product is so superior... Full dinner with selection of hot entrees versus a cold tray, for example. But like AirLUV said, it's a smaller plane=higher RASM

Reactions: 2 people
as far as scheduling the only thing i can think of is that when Delta Mainline operated the shuttle in the pas the scheduling of 
F/A's had a pure shuttle line for the day(s)  Meaning in trip construction, no mainline mixed in.  Since its just the BOS shuttle 
going back to mainline they may be looking at mixing the rotations in with non shuttle flying.  If so it would be easier to 
use LGA C/D than Marine, due to bussing crews.  Just a thought

Kev3188 said:
That happens to me too... I guess all the Delta labels I'm wearing are invisible. Lol. That's a tough spot to be in. I'm sorry to see that...
Thanks Kev, honestly the hardest thing about the travel loss is going home to visit my mom... I would connect via MSP to LNK but since that's gone, she has to make the hour long drive up to OMA to pick me up. Not a huge deal considering what really matters is that I still love him very, very much... he just no longer feels the same way about me, apparently... :'(

AdAstraPerAspera said:
Thanks Kev, honestly the hardest thing about the travel loss is going home to visit my mom... I would connect via MSP to LNK but since that's gone, she has to make the hour long drive up to OMA to pick me up. Not a huge deal considering what really matters is that I still love him very, very much... he just no longer feels the same way about me, apparently... :'(
Not a fun time for you, but if he's really a cheating DB, you deserve better. Go find it.

Reactions: 4 people
Thanks guys. I know we all make mistakes but yeah, it appears he is moving on with someone else. I just hope I find a new person to share my life with soon because these past three months have felt pretty lonely. Oh well, pardon the interruption.

DL has 13 flights on RJs, and AA has 17 flights on mainline.
and AA carries lots of conx beyond ORD... DL is nearly all local traffic

WT, it's really not that difficult: AA flights depart from one terminal, US flights depart from another. Where's the confusion?

And yes I will miss DL flight bennies but now that AA flies HKG I can still easily get to my dad, and since I haven't needed to commute to Chicago on the shuttle anymore. Specific to this topic, back when I still commuted, I never had any problems nonrevving to ORD from LGA on the shuttle 175s, they were never full (except during the LGA bad weather irrops, naturally). The AA and UA flights were always full. It makes me wonder how DL commands a fare premium on the market considering AA's hard and soft product is so superior... Full dinner with selection of hot entrees versus a cold tray, for example. But like AirLUV said, it's a smaller plane=higher RASM

so AA and US will merge ops? if so, then there will be AA flights in multiple terminals

My point was that the MAT is perfectly capable of handling A319s, why not 717s? At least they would be consistent by keeping the shuttle flights together that way.
because DL wants them in the main terminals ... probably to make connections

So what will the configuration be?! Are they keeping the horrible Air Tran configuration they inherited?

Curious here <G>

Status
Not open for further replies.