DL cancels interline with EK

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
Dumb ?

You mean like owning a refinery and HEDGING at the same time ??
 Still don't know what you are talking about. Delta is no longer hedging fuel. 

eolesen said:
It's all about DL's obsession with punishing the ME4.

DL's canceling the interline with EK is one example, the retaliation against the Fox is another.
 I guess Air China and Hainan are now a part of the group being "punished" "objective" indeed 

Kev3188 said:
Rough week for the Widget...

The Pulse debacle

QR at the Fox

"Pride-gate"

Pissing off the Seattle Sounders official supporters group

...and of course, another year being runner up for the JD Power award...
 life goes that way sometimes. 

eolesen said:
Wow... that one by itself takes the cake.

Yep, DL had a bad week PR-wise, and the cheerleaders are very, very, upset with everyone else for noticing.
Who's upset? 

eolesen said:
There wsed to be a time where you could actually be objective about discussing on the forums what happened to an airline, and people were man enough to take some criticism.

Now, we have a few snowflakes looking for a safe place, and anyone who dares stray from Corp Comm's messaging are clearly haters with axes to grind.

Good goes round... ;)
You are the last person who needs to comment at all on being objective. 

You post an opinion piece that both Delta and parade organizers have said is false but Delta is still the bad guy. 

So if you are going to start tossing stones, might want to get out of that glass house. 

topDawg said:

I guess Air China and Hainan are now a part of the group being "punished" "objective" indeed 

Who's upset? 

You post an opinion piece that both Delta and parade organizers have said is false but Delta is still the bad guy. 

So if you are going to start tossing stones, might want to get out of that glass house.
topDawg said:

Who's upset? 

So tell us (ALL) then, why DL seems to be in the news virtually every day ?
I can't wait until the BOO - HOO(ing) comes flowing out of ATL over the Haneda awards !

So tell us (ALL) then, why DL seems to be in the news virtually every day ?
I can't wait until the BOO - HOO(ing) comes flowing out of ATL over the Haneda awards !

You might want to look at the news daily before you open your big mouth. 

All of the airlines are in the news everyday. I could drop down to your level and post plenty of links, but I honestly don't feel like and I'm not a child. 

topDawg said:

All of the airlines are in the news everyday. I could drop down to your level and post plenty of links, but I honestly don't feel like and I'm not a child.
topDawg said:

Get your Kleenex ready for the HANEDA awards !!!!!

robbedagain said:
NHBB    I would not be surprised if they award slots to UA DL and AA
'robbed', you're probably very well right, AND from a fairness standpoint, it would be the right thing to do.
However, DL has tried to JERK the DOT (and the Japanese equivalent) Around, too many times to the point that they've become 'Persona non Grata.'
I'll be very surprised if DL gets LAX or SEA, and of those two, I'll be SHOCKED if they get LAX ! UA is a 'no brainer', meaning SFO or ORD.

'robbed', you're probably very well right, AND from a fairness standpoint, it would be the right thing to do.
However, DL has tried to JERK the DOT (and the Japanese equivalent) Around, too many times to the point that they've become 'Persona non Grata.'
I'll be very surprised if DL gets LAX or SEA, and of those two, I'll be SHOCKED if they get LAX ! UA is a 'no brainer', meaning SFO or ORD.
DL did not ask for SEA; UA did not ask for ORD.

AA applied for LAX and DFW. UA applied for SFO and EWR. DL applied for LAX, MSP and ATL.

FWAAA said:
DL did not ask for SEA; UA did not ask for ORD.

AA applied for LAX and DFW. UA applied for SFO and EWR. DL applied for LAX, MSP and ATL.
Oh, those pesky details... ;)

NHBB, Delta already has an LAX to Haneda flight.  It's just an inconvenient departure and arrival time--middle of the night; no public transportation into Tokyo.  They are requesting and (more than likely getting) one of the new daytime arrival slots to replace their current flight.  I doubt they will get an Atlanta departure.  I can't imagine there would be that much demand from ATL.  AA will also get an LAX departure with a daytime arrival.  And, UA will get an SFO departure, convenient arrival time.

Now, your anti-Delta tirades have become as tiresome as World Traveler's "Delta Uber Alles" posts used to be.  Give it a rest.  Delta is a good airline.  The fact that it is mostly non-union isn't really any of your business or mine.  I don't understand it either, but...THEIR EMPLOYEES WERE GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO VOTE FOR REPRESENTATION.  They voted against having representation.  (The flight attendants have voted no on more than one occasion that I know of.)  It's the way democracy works.  Majority rules.  Please go find something else to post about.  Thanks.

Reactions: 4 people
jimntx said:
NHBB, Delta already has an LAX to Haneda flight.  It's just an inconvenient departure and arrival time--middle of the night; no public transportation into Tokyo.  They are requesting and (more than likely getting) one of the new daytime arrival slots to replace their current flight.  I doubt they will get an Atlanta departure.  I can't imagine there would be that much demand from ATL.  AA will also get an LAX departure with a daytime arrival.  And, UA will get an SFO departure, convenient arrival time.

Now, your anti-Delta tirades have become as tiresome as World Traveler's "Delta Uber Alles" posts used to be.  Give it a rest.  Delta is a good airline.  The fact that it is mostly non-union isn't really any of your business or mine.  I don't understand it either, but...THEIR EMPLOYEES WERE GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO VOTE FOR REPRESENTATION.  They voted against having representation.  (The flight attendants have voted no on more than one occasion that I know of.)  It's the way democracy works.  Majority rules.  Please go find something else to post about.  Thanks.

Thank you,
BTW I belive we are at FOUR times the F/A's VOTED NO. 

BABABOOY said:

Thank you,
BTW I belive we are at FOUR times the F/A's VOTED NO. 
We'll gitcha next time.   :lol:  My friend who is a DL purser (Onboard Service Leader?) can't vote no forever.  (Her supervisor has told her at least twice that "Yes, the flight attendants need a union, but not right now." )

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts