DL Emp here

Justanumber

Jan 9, 2018
Just curious, I know this forum is not representative of all workgroups at LUS/LAA, buuuut how do you like your jobs? What are your pay scales? Profit sharing? Pass travel? Just looking to compare with people and not corporate hand me downs.

I love the job. The pay and benefits are good. Healthcare benefits could be better. I hate the union/company environment.

Just curious, I know this forum is not representative of all workgroups at LUS/LAA, buuuut how do you like your jobs? What are your pay scales? Profit sharing? Pass travel? Just looking to compare with people and not corporate hand me downs.

Probably would be better to ask the specific work group for which you are seeking employment. As a ramp agent, enjoying my job largely depends on the station in terms of work environment. Factors such as weather, work load, airport facilities, management, union support, co-workers, etc., and indirectly issues such as commuting times and cost of living impact heavily upon the relative satisfaction. In my opinion, now having worked at a few different stations, there are times I could not believe it was the same company but a different location.

In terms of pay and company benefits overall it is pretty good, but starting out at entry level pay on the ramp makes for long hours to cover the expenses until the eventual step increases take hold.

Like Jester said above it depends on work group and if it is a unionized position. I enjoy my job as well, and some of the benefits are nice. All of the airlines offer all employees free standby flight benefits, and the AA profit sharing is based on your salary. If you make about $60-70k I would expect a profit sharing payout this year in the neighborhood of $1,500 just for example. For manangement and support staff a lot of different variables are in play here because each work group manages their employees differently, and an example of this some let employees telecommute and others do not. Just depends who's in charge of the group.

What is your background and what are you looking to do? I don't want to get in trouble for posting the company salary ranges but I could give you a ball park salary figure to work with.