DL Enters new partnershp with 9W

Interesting, but AZ is also part owned by EY yet still part of Skyteam.

The obligatory "what's the next shoe" question has to be could this lead to DL pulling back on its own services to India?

Probably not, but given how bad connecting in India can be, from a customer experience standpoint, doing an online connection could be seen as preferable to an interline or codewhore connection.

Reactions: 1 person
eolesen said:
Interesting, but AZ is also part owned by EY yet still part of Skyteam.
DL also has the JV with Virgin (oz) and EY owns a large chunk of it (along with SQ and NZ) 

eolesen said:
The obligatory "what's the next shoe" question has to be could this lead to DL pulling back on its own services to India?

Probably not, but given how bad connecting in India can be, from a customer experience standpoint, doing an online connection could be seen as preferable to an interline or codewhore connection.
This is already the show dropping. DL has already cut its India flying but IIRC couldn't completely outsource AMS-BOM to KLM do to bilateral restrictions (KLM already uses all the frequencies they can to DEL and I think BLR or MMA) 
This has long been expected that 9W would move its BRU "hub" to AMS and possibly end up in the DL/AF/KL JV(or another JV set up to and from India) 
also been somewhat expected AB would leave Oneworld and become closer to DL/KL/AF/AZ. 

Its funny that DL hates the ME3 so much, because EY would be a very natural fit with DL. They own or work with several of DL airlines already. AB is really the only one they don't work with. 

700UW said:
Singapore sold its stake in VS.
Talking about VA, Virgin Australia. SQ/EY and NZ all own up a part. (total ends up being just under 50%.)
DL also have a JV with them. 

Reactions: 1 person
topDawg said:
This has long been expected that 9W would move its BRU "hub" to AMS and possibly end up in the DL/AF/KL JV(or another JV set up to and from India) 

also been somewhat expected AB would leave Oneworld and become closer to DL/KL/AF/AZ. 

Its funny that DL hates the ME3 so much, because EY would be a very natural fit with DL. They own or work with several of DL airlines already. AB is really the only one they don't work with. 

I was kind of wondering whether it is odd that if 9W is leaving BRU, why chose AMS and not one of the hubs of the carriers that EY owns (AB at DUS or AZ at MXP for example).