DL expands SEA further with SEA-SFO flights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not happening, Parker and Kirby have stated they are growing CLT and all already added new markets and have increased flights between hubs.

They have both stated CLT will grow to over 700 flights, they have added a bunch of seasonal European flights this season also.

Dont let the facts get in your way.

The only gullible one is you with your hatred for US and the IAM.

Do everyone a favor, fly Delta.

Reactions: 1 person
WorldTraveler said:
Would you like to start a pool, E, on how low new AA's share will sink and how fast over the next 3 years?   I am more than happy to indicate that AA will be smaller in NYC in the next few years.
No thanks. The thought having to discuss anything with you three days from now is revolting enough on its own, let alone three years.

Reactions: 5 people
700UW said:
Not happening, Parker and Kirby have stated they are growing CLT and all already added new markets and have increased flights between hubs.

They have both stated CLT will grow to over 700 flights, they have added a bunch of seasonal European flights this season also.

Dont let the facts get in your way.

The only gullible one is you with your hatred for US and the IAM.

Do everyone a favor, fly Delta.

and AA/US has yet to rationalize its network just as DL and UA have done. 

The only gullible people are those who think that AA/US will continue to fly everything that they both fly today when it is clear that alliance changes and duplicate hubs will require cuts in some markets. 

eolesen said:
No thanks. The thought having to discuss anything with you three days from now is revolting enough on its own, let alone three years.

IOW,  "I don't really want to be accountable for what I post here.. my goal is simply to get the biggest rise out of whoever I can get one with no long-term connection with whether it is accurate or not."

don't worry... I will be discussing AA's position in NYC because Josh is absolutely right that Parker will pull down AA's position in the most competitive markets in order to grow in protected hubs... problem for AA is that MIA is the only true protected market at this point and the protection is falling  with Open Skies thruout Latin America.

Parker can grow CLT and PHL all he wants but it won't replace being able to dominate in the largest markets and hubs - something that AA has very little history of successfully doing. 

And this isnt your Mother's AA.

Doug is a numbers guy, I dont care for him, but he knows what he is doing, he kicked WN out of PHL for the most part.

Orchestrated the #1 airline in the world.

Wall Street seems to agree.

Now go light your incense, put your shawl over your head, and pray and seek guidance from Richard Anderson Photo in your Delta Shrine.

WorldTraveler said:
IOW,  "I don't really want to be accountable for what I post here.. my goal is simply to get the biggest rise out of whoever I can get one with no long-term connection with whether it is accurate or not."
Yep, I'm so afraid of accountability that I actually use my name, while you're hiding behind a serving of internet courage.

and yet you have never admitted that were completely wrong on WN at ATL or AA and their position in Asia or any number of other issues that you have tried to defend.....

I would just as soon leave bygone as bygones but when you fail to admit when you actually were wrong and also attack others, then you invite this type of scrutiny regarding accountability.

again, if you want to be willing to admit that AA might well pull down further in NYC and admit what they have done so far, then I don't feel quite the urge to keep track of it all.

But since you won't even admit that AA has pulled down and reduced its presence in a number of markets competitive with B6 and DL, then you simply invite going back and look at what has taken place in reality. 

700 is a MIA hAAter but he will have no objection flying non-rev on AA through MIA.

Josh

WorldTraveler said:
and yet you have never admitted that were completely wrong on WN at ATL or AA and their position in Asia or any number of other issues that you have tried to defend.....

I would just as soon leave bygone as bygones but when you fail to admit when you actually were wrong and also attack others, then you invite this type of scrutiny regarding accountability.

again, if you want to be willing to admit that AA might well pull down further in NYC and admit what they have done so far, then I don't feel quite the urge to keep track of it all.

But since you won't even admit that AA has pulled down and reduced its presence in a number of markets competitive with B6 and DL, then you simply invite going back and look at what has taken place in reality. 
And this has what to do with SEA flights?

737823 said:
700 is a MIA hAAter but he will have no objection flying non-rev on AA through MIA.

Josh
Really?

Never said I hated MIA, nor AA.

Stop lying again.

And I love Miami, my sister lives there as did my paternal grandparents.

And what does this have to do with SEA flights?

You cant add to the topic so you resort to personal attacks and lies.

so would you like to let the whole NYC issue lay aside including whether AA will succeed or not? 

interesting that it is all of a sudden off topic when the discussion is to look back and note what AA has actually done or not in the market.

specific to SEA and the west coast, AA's position will fall relative to other carriers because at LAX, the most significant market on the west coast where AA had an advantage relative to DL, AA has accepted gate limitations and givebacks as part of the merger agreement.  DL didn't and continues to push more and more traffic thru the facilities it does have - and still has options to push it further including deployment of the 717s and other mainline aircraft on routes that were just loaded as increased frequencies with large RJs.

for example, DL has already upgraded 4 or so LAX-SEA flights to mainline aircraft after adding in several additional frequencies with large RJs.

We have heard that AA would be adding its own metal in the market but it hasn't happened, or has it?

WorldTraveler said:
... specific to SEA and the west coast, AA's position will fall relative to other carriers because at LAX, the most significant market on the west coast where AA had an advantage relative to DL, AA has accepted gate limitations and givebacks as part of the merger agreement.  DL didn't and continues to push more and more traffic thru the facilities it does have - and still has options to push it further including deployment of the 717s and other mainline aircraft on routes that were just loaded as increased frequencies with large RJs.

for example, DL has already upgraded 4 or so LAX-SEA flights to mainline aircraft after adding in several additional frequencies with large RJs.

We have heard that AA would be adding its own metal in the market but it hasn't happened, or has it?

Yes, AA gave up two gates.

But AA also has an understanding with LAWA that it is entitled to two more gates.  (When AA vacated the AE commuter facility on the west side, it lost two gates.)

Growth at LAX will probably be limited until the taxiway between TBIT and T4 reopens and the T4 connector is complete.

One of the reasons for why Delta has been replacing RJ's with mainline aircraft is that it has no commuter facility at LAX.  For a while, it was boarding some of its RJ flights on the ramp near its hanger.  But it only had temporary authority to do that.

Of the four major airlines at LAX, Delta is the most facility-constrained.  It has the rights (current or future) to the least number of gates, 15.  (AA has current or future rights to 30 gates.)  

Delta is not even strategically well-positioned at the airport to get space in new facilities.  Really stupid move of Delta to sell their stake in T2, but maybe it had no choice.  By contrast, AA held on to that one gate at T3 because there is the possibility that it will translate into more gates at the new MSC (Midfield Satellite Concourse).

yes, I get that.  And your statement is all predicated on what might happen in the future. 

But for right now, DL's growth rate at LAX is still higher than any other large carrier, both in terms of number of flights and in terms of seats.

Despite the facility constraints, DL is growing at LAX and on the west coast as a whole. 

It is inevitable that AA will have to rationalize its network post merger which will mean that some of the flying combined AA/US does now will shrink until they find new markets where they can successfully operate.

and no one doubted any of that, did they?

I'm talking about growth rates this year, not passenger boardings last year. 

for Aug of this year, DL's number of seats offered at LAX is almost identical to PMAA's alone which is down year over year.  US is up but not by as much as AA is down.

DL's growth rate in seats offered is up over 14%. 
UA is not growing at LAX. 

The difference between AA and DL at LAX is less than 10% and at the current growth rate, DL will be on par with AA within a year.  LAX has long been AA's strongest west coast station.

Add in other major cities and DL has already added enough new capacity in the west to overcome the benefit that AA/US gained as a result of the merger. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts