DL JFK-TLV changes

there's a whole lot of AA fans on here that have mighty bruised egos if it isn't all a joke.

you tell me which it is.

not really it's DL fans blinded by no one knows what - let's face it's one DL fan going over board - with others being realistic

Reactions: 1 person
there are a whole lot more AA fans on here that get worked up about what I write.

I have a far higher rate of succeeding at what I do than the scores of you AAll focused on little me.

WorldTraveler said:
there are a whole lot more AA fans on here that get worked up about what I write.I have a far higher rate of succeeding at what I do than the scores of you AAll focused on little me.
I'm not an AA fan, I'm an AA employee.

There you go again, confusing *your* hobby with *my* life.

Reactions: 6 people
unless AA starts another route.given the economic crisis that could easily pull hundreds of millions of profits off AA's books, they are probably not as likely to be starting a bunch of new routes on top of what they are already doing - unless of course those profits are no longer important.
You ready to walk this statement back, in light of recent new route announcements?

Reactions: 3 people
if this is your life and you don't want to hear criticism about the way your company is run, may I suggest that you stay off the internet, hang only with your coworkers who are equally wedded to the company, and don't talk to customers.

the reality is that criticism is part of life. And let's be very clear that despite the practice of a lot of people, my criticism is almost entirely of companies and their practices. people here take it personally. never had I said "you as an FA are clearly responsible for AA's performance"

in nearly all cases, my criticism is leveled against management. they make the choices as to how resources are used.

and AA might very well be able to continue generating strong profits while starting new routes but we haven't honestly seen anywhere close to the competition that I said would come in key AA markets - and which no other carrier will face to anywhere near the same level.

Bless your heart - double standard at work you can't hear critism of DL

Amazing the world you live in

Reactions: 3 people
again, you wouldn't know a double standard if it came up and hit you up the side of the hit

there is no double standard.

I never said that AA has manipulated anything or done anything in error.

I have said that AA had a higher net profit because they didn't pay taxes - which they are legally entitled to do because of their tax assets as a result of their 10 year long restructuring - and because they didn't pay profit sharing.

if AA employees would like to rejoice in AA's record profits while watching their peers at DL gain the world's largest airline industry profit sharing payouts, then far be it from me to ruin your parade.

but I can absolutely assure you that the vast majority of AA employees will not put their own financial interests below pride for their company.

Since your blinders are so constricting and since you have such long posts you can't remember all the times you apply the double standard

Once again DL is reducing capacity on a route because they can't make - DLs product is not drawing customers so down gauging - it's a sign of weakness on the route - that is exactly what you would say if another airline down gauged a route

Reactions: 2 people
DL is losing in TLV they once had daily 744 to JFK and 777 to ATL clearly it isn't working for them while it is a growing market for other carriers.

Josh

In regards to JFK-TLV, who is to say it is weak?
Does anyone know if the yields shot up once Delta
cancelled ATL-TLV ?  
Was this also dependent on the NRT-JFK leg?  
You can't keep the 744 on just the JFK-TLV-JFK leg.
(A/C utilization)
FWIU it was the NRT-JFK-NRT legs that were not doing 
well as they should. 
combined that with the retirement of some 744 this fall
thus 777 was the only option.     If the TLV flight goes
back to the 763 then yes, I would be worried about the market.
But rumour is still going around about double daily JFK-TLV before
we ever see ATL-TLV come back. 

Heard all the same things you posted. I was flying atl-tvl when it was moved up to JFK. We were told that it was all yield related plus the majority of the connections went up to the northeast.

DL is losing in TLV they once had daily 744 to JFK and 777 to ATL clearly it isn't working for them while it is a growing market for other carriers.

Josh
then what is going on with AA on DFW-GIG and all of those flights to Europe that they just launched and are now not even operating in the winter.

JFK-TLV is one of a number of regular aircraft changes and has everything to do with the aircraft that is available.

you've been this since DL made the decision to downgrade JFK-NRT but that clearly doesn't fit your narrative so you pound away, without any data.

WorldTraveler said:
then what is going on with AA on DFW-GIG and all of those flights to Europe that they just launched and are now not even operating in the winter.JFK-TLV is one of a number of regular aircraft changes and has everything to do with the aircraft that is available.you've been this since DL made the decision to downgrade JFK-NRT but that clearly doesn't fit your narrative so you pound away, without any data.
GIG makes more sense from MIA and with JJ now part of OW the route is less critical to the overall network. That's more or less what you said in 2011 when ATL-TLV ended.

Josh