DL Pilots as for 40% raise

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines' started by jcw, Jan 1, 2016.

1. metopower

metopower Veteran

That's their pedigree not their mentality. I stand by my statement.

2. FWAAA

FWAAA Veteran

Ballpark estimates here: 22% year one ask would add about $460 million to pilot costs at DL; in year three, the 40% total increase (two additional 7% increases) would add about $850 million per year over current costs.

• Like Like x 1
  3. topDawg

topDawg Veteran

I can tell you right now one of the biggest reason we took so many cuts in BK, namely the huge amount of outsourcing and 5th week of vacation, was because the company had to make sure they cut enough to get your pension. 

Oh and all of your pilots, even those with a pension (NW) or new hires get triple the 401K (and most of ours is a match, yours is free). 

So yeah, we have taken cuts for your group. 

When it comes to Meto, if it isn't a Moak lover and a roll over, then its an infection. 

• Like Like x 2
  4. metopower

metopower Veteran

• Like Like x 1
  5. eolesen

eolesen Veteran

I'd like a pint of order as well... preferably something in a dark ale. ;)

That's the ticket -- destroy the airline to get a quick payout. It's worked so well at all of the other airlines that tried to get wages exceeding what the airline could generate in revenues...

By FWAAAA's calculations, the pilots would eat up just about all of the existing profit margin, leaving nothing for profit sharing, thus taking it out of everyone else's pockets. Or, they'll force the airline into the red, which I'm sure you would be all giddy and tingly.

Yeah, not quite Skippy. Not even close, actually.

Case and point: Southwest sold 88 of its B717's from subsidiary Airtran to Delta. Since those airplanes were never on WN's certificate, >50% of the assets of FL were transferred to DL.

Not a single employee was required to be transferred as part of that deal.

All McCaskill-Bond dictates are the steps to take place if employee groups are combined *and* the deal involves >=50% of the assets of the company being acquired.

There's nothing that requires employees to be taken along for the ride.

• Like Like x 2
  6. 700UW

700UW Corn Field

WN never owned them they were on lease from Boeing.

7. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

Thank you.

...And I'd like to finally get used to using a touchscreen. Here's to hoping we both get what we want. :D

8. swamt

swamt Veteran

Not really sure where this convo started, but, the 88 717' s you guys are discussing were in fact on the SWA list at one point. This why AMFA won the grievences and fight for getting the 4th line of heavy maint in Dallas after a long fight over it.  SWA did try to not agree that the 717's were no part of that list.  And yes SWA did own them and then past them on to Delta, at a great deal for Delta, but yet, a better deal for SWA in the long run, they (Delta) can have them. SWA basically was willing to pay even more for Delta to take the 717's off their hands. 

E, they were on the certificate at one point. And not sure what you meant by "no employee was required to be transferred as part of that deal."  Some were offered to move but not required to move.

9. topDawg

topDawg Veteran

1) All i can go by is what we were told. I know they didn't tell your group that, for whatever dumb reason Delta likes to build the pilot group up higher than the should be. 

2) My mistake, I thought you said before you were a Moak supporter. 

• Like Like x 2
  10. metopower

metopower Veteran

Good explanations for both points. On the first point I have heard that from my friends in other departments but never really gave it much creedance . Do they build up the pilot group too high? Let me think? Hum.... Probably . Your point about how you are told one thing and our group is told something else is well taken. On point two ...what can I say....I'm an equal opportunity hater.

11. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

This something our employer is quite good at...

• Like Like x 2
  12. metopower

metopower Veteran

Yeah but to you it's a conspiracy not to me.

• Like Like x 2
  13. southwind

southwind Veteran

Don't like the pilots asking for 40%, get your pilot's license!

• Like Like x 1
  14. 700UW

700UW Corn Field

Spoken like a true anti- worker and anti-union low information poster you are.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

Yawn.