DL Pilots as for 40% raise

Kev3188 said:
So you see ALPA getting you guys 40% increase in pay without any ramifications for any other group?

Ok, then.

BTW, what does that 40% "ask" amount to dollars-wise? Do you think the company will just absorb that?
Ballpark estimates here: 22% year one ask would add about $460 million to pilot costs at DL; in year three, the 40% total increase (two additional 7% increases) would add about $850 million per year over current costs.

Reactions: 1 person
metopower said:
Well last time I looked I WAS a frontline employee. Explain exactly what you gave up that I gained . Name what company benefit that I have other then jumpseat that other employees don't have. Just wondering. Or are you just loose with your comments.
I can tell you right now one of the biggest reason we took so many cuts in BK, namely the huge amount of outsourcing and 5th week of vacation, was because the company had to make sure they cut enough to get your pension. 

Oh and all of your pilots, even those with a pension (NW) or new hires get triple the 401K (and most of ours is a match, yours is free). 

So yeah, we have taken cuts for your group. 

Kev3188 said:
3 of the 4 MEC officers are PMDL.

So much for the whole "we've been infected by the NW mentality" silliness.

https://dal.alpa.org
When it comes to Meto, if it isn't a Moak lover and a roll over, then its an infection. 

Reactions: 2 people
I can tell you right now one of the biggest reason we took so many cuts in BK, namely the huge amount of outsourcing and 5th week of vacation, was because the company had to make sure they cut enough to get your pension. 

Oh and all of your pilots, even those with a pension (NW) or new hires get triple the 401K (and most of ours is a match, yours is free). 

So yeah, we have taken cuts for

So yeah, we have taken cuts for your group. 

When it comes to Meto, if it isn't a Moak lover and a roll over, then its an infection.

You are wrong on both counts.

1) prove it . You can emotionally speculate all you want about perceived cuts just as I can speculate that they could not pay me more because they had to pay others salaries.

2) No I hate all alpo equally. Moak and all the rest. You know nothing about me or my positions other then that I am pro DL and not anti DL. Unlike some others on this board. I'll speak for myself I don't need or want your help.

Reactions: 1 person
Kev3188 said:
Pint of order: DL dispatchers are represented as well (PAFCA)...
I'd like a pint of order as well... preferably something in a dark ale. ;)

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
Eric,   " TOUGH ('you know what ') " ! !

You'd think by now that Anderson, Despite his abhorrence of UNIONS would WAKE UP to the Fact that his lone UNION is his pilots, which are Now (Thank God) half ex NW guys, and this lone UNION is capable of bringing-him-to-his-knees, despite his mindset that  DENIAL is a river-in-egypt !
Should this (hypothetically) mean LAY OFFS for Non Union people, well I've got two answers for that.

1. Let each work group WAKE UP and Organize.

2. ' Last in, FIRST OUT '  !!  (Then again, with No UNIONS, Anderson wouldn't have to honor seniority)

WAKE UP ...DL people.  You can PAY NOW,...or PAY LATER  !
That's the ticket -- destroy the airline to get a quick payout. It's worked so well at all of the other airlines that tried to get wages exceeding what the airline could generate in revenues...

By FWAAAA's calculations, the pilots would eat up just about all of the existing profit margin, leaving nothing for profit sharing, thus taking it out of everyone else's pockets. Or, they'll force the airline into the red, which I'm sure you would be all giddy and tingly.

700UW said:
This isnt about seniority, its about when an airline sells a certain percentage of its assets, to another airline, the buying airline sas to take the employees to work those flights for the acquiring airline.
Yeah, not quite Skippy. Not even close, actually.

Case and point: Southwest sold 88 of its B717's from subsidiary Airtran to Delta. Since those airplanes were never on WN's certificate, >50% of the assets of FL were transferred to DL.

Not a single employee was required to be transferred as part of that deal.

All McCaskill-Bond dictates are the steps to take place if employee groups are combined *and* the deal involves >=50% of the assets of the company being acquired.

There's nothing that requires employees to be taken along for the ride.

FWAAA said:
Ballpark estimates here: 22% year one ask would add about $460 million to pilot costs at DL; in year three, the 40% total increase (two additional 7% increases) would add about $850 million per year over current costs.
Thank you.

eolesen said:
...And I'd like to finally get used to using a touchscreen. Here's to hoping we both get what we want. :D

eolesen said:

That's the ticket -- destroy the airline to get a quick payout. It's worked so well at all of the other airlines that tried to get wages exceeding what the airline could generate in revenues...

By FWAAAA's calculations, the pilots would eat up just about all of the existing profit margin, leaving nothing for profit sharing, thus taking it out of everyone else's pockets. Or, they'll force the airline into the red, which I'm sure you would be all giddy and tingly.

Yeah, not quite Skippy. Not even close, actually.

Case and point: Southwest sold 88 of its B717's from subsidiary Airtran to Delta. Since those airplanes were never on WN's certificate, >50% of the assets of FL were transferred to DL.

Not a single employee was required to be transferred as part of that deal.

All McCaskill-Bond dictates are the steps to take place if employee groups are combined *and* the deal involves >=50% of the assets of the company being acquired.

There's nothing that requires employees to be taken along for the ride.

700UW said:
WN never owned them they were on lease from Boeing.
Not really sure where this convo started, but, the 88 717' s you guys are discussing were in fact on the SWA list at one point. This why AMFA won the grievences and fight for getting the 4th line of heavy maint in Dallas after a long fight over it.  SWA did try to not agree that the 717's were no part of that list.  And yes SWA did own them and then past them on to Delta, at a great deal for Delta, but yet, a better deal for SWA in the long run, they (Delta) can have them. SWA basically was willing to pay even more for Delta to take the 717's off their hands. 

E, they were on the certificate at one point. And not sure what you meant by "no employee was required to be transferred as part of that deal."  Some were offered to move but not required to move.

metopower said:
You are wrong on both counts.

1) prove it . You can emotionally speculate all you want about perceived cuts just as I can speculate that they could not pay me more because they had to pay others salaries.

2) No I hate all alpo equally. Moak and all the rest. You know nothing about me or my positions other then that I am pro DL and not anti DL. Unlike some others on this board. I'll speak for myself I don't need or want your help.
1) All i can go by is what we were told. I know they didn't tell your group that, for whatever dumb reason Delta likes to build the pilot group up higher than the should be. 

2) My mistake, I thought you said before you were a Moak supporter. 

topDawg said:
1) All i can go by is what we were told. I know they didn't tell your group that, for whatever dumb reason Delta likes to build the pilot group up higher than the should be. 

2) My mistake, I thought you said before you were a Moak supporter.
Good explanations for both points. On the first point I have heard that from my friends in other departments but never really gave it much creedance . Do they build up the pilot group too high? Let me think? Hum.... Probably . Your point about how you are told one thing and our group is told something else is well taken. On point two ...what can I say....I'm an equal opportunity hater.