DL rebrands, alters onboard services

Status
Not open for further replies.
uh, DL emerged from BK 7 1/2 years ago.

DL began restructuring its network before it went into BK which was 9 years ago.

let me know how long back you would like to go but DL's string of revenue wins is one of the most impressive in the industry. No other carrier, including WN, has implemented as many strategic initiatives that have resulted in positive revenue growth as DL has in a similar period of time.

You can keep up with whatever lists you want to. And you can nitpick at whatever minor flaws I might make... and I do make them.

but what you can't do and neither can anyone else is accurately argue that I have not repeatedly demonstrated an understanding of the key strategic issues that have faced, are facing, and will face the airline industry and that I have supported DL who has repeatedly shown that it not only does the same but moves far more aggressively and accurately in addressing those issues than any other airline.

WorldTraveler said:
and rollerboards aren't hard to identify during the boarding process.

DL gate agents don't stop everything but rollerboards aren't hard to spot and they are the problem in most cases regarding boarding.

It'll be interesting to see how well this policy works out in being implemented and enforced.
I'll just note that I've witnessed a couple occasions when DL gate agent walks the jetway telling passengers that there is no more room in the overhead bins and that they need to check their bags.  The bigger guys either ignored /pretended not to hear, one even told the agent to go to hell.  An older couple politely said no way, and pointed out how their carry-ons meet DLs specifications  (size & weight).  That basically left the agent to selectively force only a few passengers that could be intimidated to check their bags.  Fortunately the FA's were creative enough to eventually find space all over the aircraft for all the carry-ons & handbags & laptop bag & coats, etc.  Not necessarily a pleasant experience for the gate agents, FAs and passengers.
Oh, and I'm not bashing DL, it happens on other cAArriers too.

WorldTraveler said:
but what you can't do and neither can anyone else is accurately argue that I have not repeatedly demonstrated an understanding of the key strategic issues that have faced, are facing, and will face the airline industry and that I have supported DL who has repeatedly shown that it not only does the same but moves far more aggressively and accurately in addressing those issues than any other airline.

I don't have a problem if you keep on telling yourself that if it makes you fell better.

WorldTraveler said:
let me know how long back you would like to go but DL's string of revenue wins is one of the most impressive in the industry. No other carrier, including WN, has implemented as many strategic initiatives that have resulted in positive revenue growth as DL has in a similar period of time.

I'll take your Pepsi challenge:  please do show the long string of revenue wins that DL enjoyed starting even before DLs bankruptcy;  Thanks.
PS.  don't forget to show profit/loss for that time period too.  That would be called WholeTruth!

How far back in time should you go?  Hard to say since in your typical sleazy fashion your statement is vague enough that it leaves you wiggle room to weasel your way out if you're wrong.

Looking forward to the data and the explanation of why, despite the industry-impressive wins DL had to reorganize under chapter 11, whereas WN did not (even though DL 'spanked them' with respect to financial performace).

Reactions: 2 people
WorldTraveler said:
so, it's ok for you to know what is going on at DL but me, who actually performed the gate agent function and implemented policies that affected it well within the last decade, and I too have been involved in customer service consulting are supposed to be unable to make a logical conclusion - all the while a DL ramper and a DL mechanic plus you are here to tell us that DL has created a program that is not customer focused?

I don't think so.

there is no martyrdom involved in pointing out your usual complete hypocrisy and your own refusal to acknowledge that DL has a very long string of revenue wins in the industry that started before DL filed for BK and have only accelerated.

I'm also going to go out on a not so long limb and say that when DL's investor's conference starts in a few hours, DL will once again highlight how it is taking steps to create revenue and insure its competitiveness in the marketplace that other carriers are simply not able to replicate. If it were, we wouldn't be witnessing yet another quarter where DL is growing its capacity as fast or faster than any other US airline and also pushing RASM to the highest levels the industry is producing.

Does the new fare structure and cabin segmentation create more complexity than existed and more than other carriers have? absolutely. but the fact that DL has managed a very complex operation already and has produced reliability and operational performance that is also at the top of the industry also highlights that DL is capable of going far beyond overcoming consultant talking points which any 3rd quarter could see are risks in doing anything behind sitting on your hands.

DL recognizes the need to continue to create revenue, compete at all levels of the customer and competitive set, and maintain its top of the class operational and revenue performance.

As with dozens of other topics about which you have weighed on, this will likely go down as yet one more where you have been off the charts wrong and where DL has managed to do what you have said they couldn't or might not.
where exactly did I say that? please glass house quote me..... 

WT simply can't admit when there are others who might have a comparable experience level to whatever is being discussed that day.

What's intolerable is how he looks down on guys like Dawg and Kev, who clearly see what happens at the airline on a day to day basis. You don't have to be wearing a passenger service uniform to be able to realize what is and isn't working.

At this point, I'll turn to scripture...

Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. —Proverbs 26:4
When he's ready to treat people as peers and not congregants or students, maybe others would be a little more willing to listen to what he has to say.

Reactions: 4 people
eolesen said:
WT simply can't admit when there are others who might have a comparable experience level to whatever is being discussed that day.

What's intolerable is how he looks down on guys like Dawg and Kev, who clearly see what happens at the airline on a day to day basis. You don't have to be wearing a passenger service uniform to be able to realize what is and isn't working.

When he's ready to treat people as peers and not congregants or students, maybe others would be a little more willing to listen to what he has to say.
and what is sad is I bet the day AA announces a basic fare class (if) the first thing WT is going to say (after bragging about Delta doing it first) is that its going to be a pain to handle the carry on bags........... 

Reactions: 3 people
I'll take your Pepsi challenge:  please do show the long string of revenue wins that DL enjoyed starting even before DLs bankruptcy;  Thanks.
PS.  don't forget to show profit/loss for that time period too.  That would be called WholeTruth!

How far back in time should you go?  Hard to say since in your typical sleazy fashion your statement is vague enough that it leaves you wiggle room to weasel your way out if you're wrong.

Looking forward to the data and the explanation of why, despite the industry-impressive wins DL had to reorganize under chapter 11, whereas WN did not (even though DL 'spanked them' with respect to financial performace).

except that you have repeatedly and consistently tried to tell me that I have no place in the industry despite the fact that you have no experience as an employee at DL and dawg or Kevin have no experience working as gate agents.

when you admit that you really have no basis to comment on DL initiatives than I do about AA, then we might be able to find common ground.

Since you have lead a lengthy commentary on why I have no validity to speak, then you can count on that I will say what I want while you wax on about your authority to speak about subjects about which you are simply not even closely knowledgeable.

WorldTraveler said:
Since you have lead a lengthy commentary on why I have no validity to speak, then you can count on that I will say what I want while you wax on about your authority to speak about subjects about which you are simply not even closely knowledgeable.

I'd actually would love to see you speak about DL's long string of revenue wins that put WN to shame even prior to DL chapter 11 bankruptcy filing.

Reactions: 1 person
WN has been successful based on the SAME business strategy it used early in its history.

WN has done far less adapting to a new business model than any of the legacy carriers have done.

WN IS adapting now but it has nowhere near the track record for succeeding AFTER adapting that any of the legacies have done.

DL just happens to have done far more adapting than any of the legacy carriers.

WorldTraveler said:
except that you have repeatedly and consistently tried to tell me that I have no place in the industry despite the fact that you have no experience as an employee at DL and dawg or Kevin have no experience working as gate agents.
Again, projection and martyrdom...

The only person who decided you had no place in the industry was you, when you made the decision to take an early-out eight (soon to be nine) years ago.

Reactions: 4 people
WorldTraveler said:

when you admit that you really have no basis to comment on DL initiatives than I do about AA, then we might be able to find common ground.

because the first thing you do when me, Kev, Glenn, E etc comment on something is basically that we should stick to what we do. So if I should stick to the wrench turning you should stick to the being a wash out. 

It is completely possible for me an kev to know plenty of GAs and have a good grasp on what they do, how they do it and why they do it even if we don't personally do the job. However, because its mother Delta you just want to tell us exactly how wrong all of are. Delta says carry on bags wont be an issue than that just means period it wont. 

Delta is always 100% spot on every time. 

eolesen said:

topDawg said:
because the first thing you do when me, Kev, Glenn, E etc comment on something is basically that we should stick to what we do. So if I should stick to the wrench turning you should stick to the being a wash out. 

It is completely possible for me an kev to know plenty of GAs and have a good grasp on what they do, how they do it and why they do it even if we don't personally do the job. However, because its mother Delta you just want to tell us exactly how wrong all of are. Delta says carry on bags wont be an issue than that just means period it wont. 

Real talk!

(and thanks to you both)

no, you don't KNOW a gate agent to know whether procedures work or not anymore than I KNOW people at DL's GO and my own GAs.

you either did the job or you didn't.

if a gate agent themselves was on here telling how the procedures themselves don't work, then there might be a modicum of credibility to what you write.

but a procedure that hasn't even been eliminated is eliciting doom and gloom talk from the same two people who find NOTHING positive to say about anything DL mgmt. does and suspect they are constantly out to get you.

no, you have NO basis on which to comment.

and if you do as a mechanic, then I do as someone who actually did the job at one time and who set policies that affect the programs that are being discussed.

OR NO ONE who is participating in the discussion has any basis to comment and we can just lock the thread.

make up your bloody mind.

either we are all in or we all are all out.

I am not and never will yield the floor to you or anyone else about a subject that you are not DIRECTLY employed.

got it?

Status
Not open for further replies.