DL rebrands, alters onboard services

Status
Not open for further replies.
and you didn't work under those procedures then, did you?

were you or were you not ever a gate agent for Delta Air Lines?

I'm more and more inclined to say we're all out.

Kev, Dawg, I guess it's time to let him have his cake.

I yield the floor. Have fun.

Reactions: 2 people
Do you disagree with the statement I made?
plenty has changed.

I will yield the floor to the first DL gate agent who comes to the topic to discuss their actual experiences with DL customers involved with these fare products.

or we can all bow out. now.

WorldTraveler said:
no, you don't KNOW a gate agent to know whether procedures work or not anymore than I KNOW people at DL's GO and my own GAs.

you either did the job or you didn't.

if a gate agent themselves was on here telling how the procedures themselves don't work, then there might be a modicum of credibility to what you write.

but a procedure that hasn't even been eliminated is eliciting doom and gloom talk from the same two people who find NOTHING positive to say about anything DL mgmt. does and suspect they are constantly out to get you.

no, you have NO basis on which to comment.

and if you do as a mechanic, then I do as someone who actually did the job at one time and who set policies that affect the programs that are being discussed.

OR NO ONE who is participating in the discussion has any basis to comment and we can just lock the thread.

make up your bloody mind.

either we are all in or we all are all out.

I am not and never will yield the floor to you or anyone else about a subject that you are not DIRECTLY employed.

got it?
all that crap and basically me and kev are still to stupid to understand how things are for a GA. 

maybe one day we will be blessed enough to be nearly as smart as you are  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

eolesen said:
I'm more and more inclined to say we're all out.

Kev, Dawg, I guess it's time to let him have his cake.

I yield the floor. Have fun.
no kidding. 

WorldTraveler said:
plenty has changed.

I will yield the floor to the first DL gate agent who comes to the topic to discuss their actual experiences with DL customers involved with these fare products.

or we can all bow out. now.
Honestly, who are you? 

gosh dang man, you really do like to tell everyone what to do don't you? 

Reactions: 2 people
no, you aren't any MORE capable of knowing about how a gate agent does their job than any other person... because we can all KNOW them but only one of us have actually done the job at DL at ANY point in our careers.

and it is all the more interesting that you and Kev who have never done the job are predicting all kinds of problems for a program that wasn't even launched.

plz let us know about your experience with your first passenger who uses an economy basic fare class.

so are you in or out on the discussion?

FrugalFlyerv2.0 said:

I'd actually would love to see you speak about DL's long string of revenue wins that put WN to shame even prior to DL chapter 11 bankruptcy filing.

WorldTraveler said:
WN has been successful based on the SAME business strategy it used early in its history.

WN has done far less adapting to a new business model than any of the legacy carriers have done.

WN IS adapting now but it has nowhere near the track record for succeeding AFTER adapting that any of the legacies have done.

DL just happens to have done far more adapting than any of the legacy carriers.

For a moment I thought you would be able to answer / back up statements you make about DLs more impressive than WNs string of "revenue wins" (whatever that means) even prior to bankruptcy.  But as seen from your non-answer (avoidance of answering a question), I was mistaken.

WorldTraveler said:
I am not and never will yield the floor to you or anyone else about a subject that you are not DIRECTLY employed.

got it?

Dictator.gif

WorldTraveler said:
and you didn't work under those procedures then, did you?

boring-lecture-smiley-emoticon.gif

Did you work under those procedures 2-3-4 years ago?
Yeah, that's what I thought ... ... ... lecture's over.

Reactions: 1 person
did you read the investor presentation from today?

the evidence of DL's revenue successes are right there.

WorldTraveler said:
did you read the investor presentation from today?

the evidence of DL's revenue successes are right there.

I see that you still refuse to be accountable.
But nice deflection as usual.

goalkeeper-smiley-emoticon-1.gif

did you read the Investor presentation?

if you did the graph on page 30 should show clearly how DL has managed to translate its revenue initiatives such as the LGA slot swap, JFK terminal move and new markets, SEA domestic growth, ATL domestic growth, new Latin markets, Pacific restructuring... all into revenue growth.

DL has grown from having an average fare DISADVNTAGE to the industry in 2005 (97% of industry average) to an ADVANTAGE (107% this year).

and both the Pacific and NRT remains profitable and DL has not lost share in the local Japan-US market.

WorldTraveler said:

if you did the graph on page 30 should show clearly how DL has managed to translate its revenue initiatives such as the LGA slot swap, JFK terminal move and new markets, SEA domestic growth, ATL domestic growth, new Latin markets, Pacific restructuring... all into revenue growth.

DL has grown from having an average fare DISADVNTAGE to the industry in 2005 (97% of industry average) to an ADVANTAGE (107% this year).

and both the Pacific and NRT remains profitable and DL has not lost share in the local Japan-US market.
And grapes explode if put in a microwave
banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour

wait we are just listing random s**t that doesn't have anything to do with the thread right?

wow... I'll have to try microwave trick... have a grape vine that is loaded right now.

there were questions in this thread about DL's track record of revenue production. it is absolutely documented not by my opinions but in DL's SEC filings.

DL's ability to adapt to changing markets including at NRT while remaining profitable and also while not losing market share is precisely why DL's revenue growth has been at the top of the industry.

WorldTraveler said:

Yea, I saw the presentation.  DL is running a very good operation and obviously the LGA slot swap was a key strategic move for the company.  DL at JFK finally has a terminal that doesn't look like a bus station.  SEA to Asia seems to be working too, etc. etc. etc.  But that doesn't answer the question I posed to you regarding your interesting to say the least statement was not addressed by DL in their presentation.

WorldTraveler said:
there were questions in this thread about DL's track record of revenue production. it is absolutely documented not by my opinions but in DL's SEC filings.

Not quite.
You made the statement that DL has an amazing track record of 'revenue wins' that were more impressive than WN's even prior to bankruptcy.  I thought you could explain / elaborate on this conclusion using real numbers / data.  Obviously you can't, or are choosing not to as it appears to me that you once again made an outlandish claim and now you're having difficulties substantiating it, hence the deflections / qualifiers / disclaimers, etc.

Oh, BTW, speaking of investor day presentations & revenue wins:  how can an average fare disadvantage in 2005 be still considered winning?

Status
Not open for further replies.