DL requests authority to begin LAX-PVG service

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, you didn't.

if you did, you wouldn't have cloaked it in page after page of calling me one name after another.

and since you and umpteen other people think I am what you have called me, then I'll act on it.

I get lectured on cyber bullying and then am subjected to page after page of unmoderated name calling.

tell you what, champ. I just managed to get a multi-page confession out of you involving ATL and at least 2 other DL locations.

you may be right that the rules aren't clear and that DL really did empower frontline people to make key decisions.

if you and your coworkers aren't smart enough to realize that the airline industry is intensely competitive and DL invests in its equipment for the use of supporting its own operation and to be compensated when it is used by other carriers, then the issue clearly needs to be looked at.

since I am an outsider, I wouldn't have access to the corporate directory or an ID that would get me into the GO and other offices, so you don't have to worry about a thing.

but let's just suppose I am not quite the outsider that some people here think I am including the very same cybermorons that are pushing for unions and then opening their mouths about how they ditch company procedure because they are empowered.

the best part about the internet is that it leaves a trail a mile wide. and it is pretty well open for all the world to see.

yeah you are right, the company doesn't have any control over your tools. a bag tug is not yours. If you think that I or anyone else over at the GO is going to believe your argument that all they needed for an engine change is a tug for "just a couple of minutes" then you are seriously out of touch with reality.

Kevin posted the rates that exist when tools and equipment are loaned. when a dumbass competitors employee posts that his legacy airline borrows DL equipment in order to work an ULCC operated flight at their station, do you not think my blood absolutely boils at not only the deception but the complete lack of stupidity by a few people in his city who have no idea how hard people at the GO work to generate revenue premiums that get them those fat profit sharing checks and invest tens of millions of dollars in ground equipment and support facilities to ensure DL's operation runs smoothly and not to have it lent out at no charge to work a ULCC flight that is ground handled by a DL competitor.

let me give you a clue.

if you and your union supporting ilk want to brag about the fact that I know nothing about the frontline operation, don't be stupid enough to all sing together in unison about how you break company procedure

you just might find out that I really am all of the names that you have called me - and a whole lot worse. A WHOLE lot worse. and those who scream cyber bullying might want to make sure their nose and the nose of those who they ally with - often in their own game of cyber bullying - is absolutely and spotlessly clean.

meanwhile, long before we spent the last 24 hours or so on a cyber tangent, we were talking about DL's plans to start LAX-PVG service.

given that publicly available data shows that PVG has been a success story for DL in Asia and that DL has indeed grown its presence there faster and with higher quality revenue than either of DL's US carrier competitors, I am looking forward to seeing DL take its Asia strategy from just competing in the most competitive US markets not just to/from Tokyo but also PVG.

when the whole alliance decisions in Asia were made in the last decade, there was every indication that DL would use its strong alliance position in China to grow its presence in top UA markets and break the historic competitive situation in China where DL was strong in Japan and UA was strong in China and HKG.

The same DL leaders that have worked to navigate the yen devaluation (and battle domestic low cost and ultra low cost carriers) are willing to now ensure that not only does DL hold onto its premium revenue and share position in Japan but extend it to other parts of Asia where the dead tail never was strong.

So its ok for you to slam people on these boards for their grammar for their profession regardless n its ok for u to call peeps names n all that crap but its not ok the other way around. Have u ever heard of mental help bec u truly need it. U just like a few mgmt a holes in the airline industry took the dough and ran most likely during the difficult days. Unless of course dl paid u to leave cuz they could not stand to havenu in the same room let alone bldg with them. Now back to the topic if dl does run the pvg and if aa does too then either 1 or both will make profit or not make it.

Reactions: 2 people
none of it is ok, robbed.

but in the space of a few hours yesterday, I was repeatedly called all kinds of names because I expect that employees should have the integrity to follow the procedures they are told to follow and not disregard DL policy regarding the loaning and borrowing of company equipment.

I also expect DL employees who are only too happy to receive their fat profit sharing checks to realize that those come because there are people in ATL who are committed to winning in the marketplace.

If US wants to ground handle Allegiant at BWI, then they need to buy their own tow bar. DL's will no longer be available unless US wants to pay for its use.

exactly who the hell are you to dictate what we need to do in order to handle Allegiant    Its not up to you to order US to pay DL for use of the towbar   you seriously need help man

Reactions: 2 people
Point of order: those PS checks are a reality because employees system-wide are committed to being an industry leader. To state otherwise is a disservice to anyone that doesn't work in the G.O.

2nd point: Now would be a great time for people to check out this board's terms of use.

3rd point: Put me in the "PVG is one of those places ya gotta serve" camp.

Reactions: 1 person
and when a few employees decide to take it upon themselves to disregard the work and roles of others in the organization, the system will be fixed.

2. I wasn't stupid enough to line up 20 people to call someone else an idiot while telling them they were wrong and had no frontline experience. the terms of service can't fix stupid. mutually assured destruction is a guaranteed path to lose-lose.

3. agree.... esp. given that DL has proven they can succeed there.

p.s. you and others might want to think twice times twice by twice again before you engage in a rage to tell me how disconnected from the organization I am.

You're free to lash out if you wish. I'm certainly "not in a rage," nor have I called anyone names.

It's beautiful where I am, and one can't help but be in a good mood.

Try to have a great day anyway.

Reactions: 1 person
feel free to skip thru the puddles.

it might insulate you and others from what you might well face.

Making light of a 9 year fraud campaign of fraud while engaging and condoning the same type of activity today in your workplace and under your control and tolerating it while standing around with your hand held out waiting for a profit sharing check are not compatible.

fix the problem instead of shooting the messenger.

excellent.... while you are away, you might want to think about my 3 point list since you seem to be in the mood to generate them today.

1. recognize that you and those who you are proud to stand with (your words) in the labor movement had a severe but hopefully momentary loss of cognitive function by admitting that you disregard company policy in order to help competitors.
2. admit you were wrong in what you did and in spending and approving of page after page of casting aspersions toward me - and fix it.
3. drop the topic and ensure that you and your union ilk stay far, far away from proclaiming that I am removed from what goes on at the company - regardless of the topic.

when you get thru your little head that if you want to be a leader, you take responsibility for the people that associate themselves with you and you rise and fall based on the collective efforts and voice of those you choose to associate with, we might see eye to eye.

Kev3188 said:
Actually, MAGSA rates are the same for all participating carriers. But I'm sure you already knew that.

Yes, they are. That's one of the things ATA and IATA try to keep in line.

Kev3188 said:
And in the end, his quest for a few bucks cost him (and his carrier) how much?
Tripping over dollars to pick up pennies. 

Kev3188 said:
Cyber bullying is the domain of 14 yr. olds.
No kidding. The moment I hear about Kev or anyone being persecuted for something WT's ratted out, that's when I contact all of the organizations providing the financial support WT's work depends on, and start sharing the years worth of cyber bullying examples. That's not what they expect of someone teaching leadership skills...

And here we have yet another thread twisting down a rabbit hole that has nothing to do with the topic...

Reactions: 6 people
Yes, the topic took quite a trip off the deep end.

The most enlightening part of the whole activity is how hard everyone here tried to work to prove me wrong and in the process implicated themselves.

unless the moderators decide to magically clean this thread up, the evidence of what was said is very apparently for anyone to see.

MAGSA rates are also not a membership fee you pay and you get unlimited access to service.

DL has invested in its facilities and equipment and I can fully appreciate that other carriers have done the same because they intend to use it for their own operation.

it should require absolutely NO great expertise in anything to realize the competitive environment of the airline industry.

Even if someone missed that point, there are specific company regulations that provide for the proper documentation of company materials when they leave company property or are used by others other than DL employees and subcontractors.

if you want to tell me how ignorant I am of what really goes on, don't publish the list of your discretions and then act surprised if someone comes tapping you on the shoulder - and then act like it is me.

and the first time I read that AA and UA have decided to split up their passenger sales on LAX-PVG and share it with DL as the newcomer who has not invested in the market like AA and UA has, then I will know that I was out of line.

I doubt very, very seriously that I expect that to happen.

as for the charge of cyberbullying, that charge can go many, many ways. This forum has allowed and thrived on deep and personal hits.

A little review of the logic about why no nuclear weapon has been launched since WWII might be in order for those who want to tout how quickly they will act to injure others - which is a charge that HAS REPEATEDLY been made to me personally.

If there is even the slightest indication that a single soul on here has harmed me, the repercussions will be far more than one person and their paltry little salary.

let's be very clear that I am interested in fixing broken systems. I am not interested in breaking people.

others on here might do well to follow the same mindset.

WorldTraveler said:
If there is even the slightest indication that a single soul on here has harmed me, the repercussions will be far more than one person and their paltry little salary.

let's be very clear that I am interested in fixing broken systems. I am not interested in breaking people.

others on here might do well to follow the same mindset.
Wow.   You certainly don't have to seek psychiatric treatment, but I have to assume that it would be beneficial.   

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.