DL retires first747-400 built

BABABOOY said:
FWIU, she will be parked, parts taken for spares, set up for museum and a fresh coat of paint in Dec.

Will the fresh coat of paint be the current DL livery, or is there any chance it is painted in the 1989 NW livery?

FrugalFlyerv2.0 said:

Will the fresh coat of paint be the current DL livery, or is there any chance it is painted in the 1989 NW livery?

Delta livery

Kev3188 said:
We should be so lucky! IMO, having it returned to a NW livery would go a long way with employees...

Would possibly go a long way with a certain minority population of the work group. Possibly.

Reactions: 1 person
If by "certain minority population," you mean 1000's of people across every department of the company, then yes.

Honoring the all the antecedent carriers that make us what we are  won't diminish what we're now building.

If painting a plane red does that, then I've clearly overestimated a lot of people.

Reactions: 3 people
Kev3188 said:
If by "certain minority population," you mean 1000's of people across every department of the company, then yes.

Yes a minority of the employee population,  A group that is getting smaller everyday.
No North East
No Western
No Pan Am
No North West

Delta continues to look forward, not in the re-view mirror. 
By advocating for "nostalgia"  YOU become the one who brings in that WEDGE you like to talk about.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm all for looking forward.

You & I have a great view because we're standing on the shoulders of all who came before us.

Museums are the perfect place to honor them.

If you haven't been to the Museum, I hope you make the time.
I feel they do a great job honoring those who came before us.  The many
PMNW people that i know who have been feel the same.

Reactions: 1 person
The Spirit of Delta is in it's original livery.  Not in Olympics livery.  
The Spirit of Delta was painted in '96 for the Atlanta Olympics
and also had a special paint scheme for Delta's 75th anniversary in 2004

BABABOOY said:
The Spirit of Delta is in it's original livery.  Not in Olympics livery.  
The Spirit of Delta was painted in '96 for the Atlanta Olympics
and also had a special paint scheme for Delta's 75th anniversary in 2004
FWIW Delta (between Atlanta 1996 and Salt lake 2002) had 102, a 757, a M11 and a 777 that had Olympic paint job.  

Kev3188 said:
Anyone know where it'll be between now & "early" 2016?

In a corner somewhere? Hot standby for charter work?
Sitting at the TOC getting parted out is my understanding. 

It will be interesting to see if they paint it here, Bay 10 hasn't been used for paint in a very long time. 

FrugalFlyerv2.0 said:

no 

Kev3188 said:
I'm all for looking forward.

You & I have a great view because we're standing on the shoulders of all who came before us.

Museums are the perfect place to honor them.
They do. 

but it isn't remotely close to being fair for them to paint a plane in NW paint and not do one for airlines like Western. I know a fair amount of people would be pretty pissed if such a thing were to happen. 

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
SAD to see ANY  747 in a Del-DUH paint job.  Kinda like ' Fingernails across a chalk board '   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also sad that you still can't spell and act like a 6 year old.... 

Reactions: 2 people

Latest posts