DL Settles with Kip Hedges

DL did say early in the case that it was not contesting Kip's unemployment claims.

but other than the usual "WT was wrong" which is 99% of the time an attempt to refuse to accept the outcome, what has changed?

At best, it simply meant that DL had to pay more out of its own pocket vs. allowing his unemployment claims to pay for part of the cost of settlement.

Kip is gone and he cannot engage in organizing activities on DL property. He like any other person on the globe can meet with DL employees of their own time to talk about anything they want.

some will try to keep this thread going as a flagbearer campaign but the union movement is no closer to succeeding and one of its own accepted cash to walk away and shut his mouth even while the movement argues that DL clearly did something wrong which can't and won't ever be proven - of Kip's cash dries up.

Clueless on how organizing, you truly are.

An airport is a big place and DL cant stop him from organizing there, as long as he a permit and is in compliance with SIDA regulations.

Reactions: 2 people
the only one that is clueless is that DL does have the right to dictate activities on its own leased property in some airports.

If he wants to organize in the parking garage, I'm sure DL can't stop him.

E's post is still dead on, and if anything, Kip now has /more/ freedom to organize.

As for airports, contrary to what some here have stated before, it's not like your ID for MSP gets you into a break room in,say, BNA... The idea that anyone can just bebop into a ready room for a chat is as silly now as when it was first posted...

Reactions: 3 people
WorldTraveler said:
DL did say early in the case that it was not contesting Kip's unemployment claims.

The State of Minnesota has granted Hedges unemployment compensation, "rejecting the airline’s claim that he is ineligible."
In a letter to Hedges, the state Department of Employment and Economic Development wrote, “The evidence does not show that the applicant violated a policy or failed to follow instructions or procedure. The applicant’s actions were not employment misconduct . . .  The applicant is eligible for unemployment benefits . . .”

http://www.workdayminnesota.org/articles/fired-delta-baggage-handler-awaits-word-appeal

Do you have a lack of reading comprehension skills? What does that say in RED?

They DID contest Kip's unemployment claim. The difficulty you have is in admitting the one thing on this forums page as to why you have ZERO credibility since you never can admit. THEY LOST!!!!

Reactions: 4 people
evidently WeAA  he fails to comprehend the highlighted portion  or he balantly ignores the highlighted portion   yet he calls everyone else out when theyre wrong yet when he is proven wrong he changes course   changes tatics etc   and yet nothing is done to him

Kev3188 said:
E's post is still dead on, and if anything, Kip now has /more/ freedom to organize.

As for airports, contrary to what some here have stated before, it's not like your ID for MSP gets you into a break room in,say, BNA... The idea that anyone can just bebop into a ready room for a chat is as silly now as when it was first posted...
Funny... I actually have a DL ID that does not have SIDA access - I didn't have that type of ID for half of my career at DL - and I absolutely did and now can enter DL workplaces that are NOT in SIDA areas.

when people think one dimensionally and within a narrow worldview, it is no wonder that being wrong becomes the norm.

Kev3188 said:
He gets it; he just feeds off of all of you responding to him...
actually, I get a lot more about this case than a lot of people here do.

There are no nefarious activities that DL has engaged in... there is no admission of guilt by either side.

Just like WN is trying every legal trick to not have to give up gates at DAL even if they fail, they will try the legal path anyway.

There is blood on DL's hands in the Kip case or if there is, Kip's lawyers told him to NOT take the risk but instead take the money.

Not hard to figure out.

I'm sure you and others will carry the banner of this case around for years as a sign of how evil DL is.

It's over.

There might be others that come after that end up the same and there might not be.

Close the book and move on.

DL and Kip both have.

and yet you can't ask why Kip settled if he had such a solid case against DL.

The clear answer is because he didn't.

WorldTraveler said:
and yet you can't ask why Kip settled if he had such a solid case against DL.

The clear answer is because he didn't.
Then if he didnt DL was stupid to pay him off for his silence.

Keep up the lies, you really need to seek some professional help.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm still waiting for anyone to show specifically which policy/procedure Hedges allegedly violated. Social Media Policy, RoTR, The Way we Fly, HRPM, ACSDPM... Anyone'll do...

WorldTraveler said:
Funny... I actually have a DL ID that does not have SIDA access - I didn't have that type of ID for half of my career at DL - and I absolutely did and now can enter DL workplaces that are NOT in SIDA areas.
Fun fact: WT & Hedges now have the exact same access to DL facilities...

Latest posts