DL Settles with Kip Hedges

Kev3188 said:
I'm still waiting for anyone to show specifically which policy/procedure Hedges allegedly violated. Social Media Policy, RoTR, The Way we Fly, HRPM, ACSDPM... Anyone'll do...

The State of Minnesota has granted Hedges unemployment compensation, rejecting the airline’s claim that he is ineligible.
In a letter to Hedges, the state Department of Employment and Economic Development wrote, “The evidence does not show that the applicant violated a policy or failed to follow instructions or procedure. The applicant’s actions were not employment misconduct . . .  The applicant is eligible for unemployment benefits . . .”

http://www.workdayminnesota.org/articles/fired-delta-baggage-handler-awaits-word-appeal

I think I'll go with what the State of Minnesota had to say regarding the issue, over what Delta has NOT said as to why Mr Hedges was terminated.

Reactions: 3 people
Fun fact: WT & Hedges now have the exact same access to DL facilities...
that's exactly right.
and I don't access secure areas and I don't advocate for anything.

I know my place.

and despite what some believe, I have said that DL and Kip agreed to not blame each other.

some here can't do the same.

WorldTraveler said:
Funny... I actually have a DL ID that does not have SIDA access - I didn't have that type of ID for half of my career at DL - and I absolutely did and now can enter DL workplaces that are NOT in SIDA areas.

when people think one dimensionally and within a narrow worldview, it is no wonder that being wrong becomes the norm.

actually, I get a lot more about this case than a lot of people here do.

There are no nefarious activities that DL has engaged in... there is no admission of guilt by either side.

Just like WN is trying every legal trick to not have to give up gates at DAL even if they fail, they will try the legal path anyway.

There is blood on DL's hands in the Kip case or if there is, Kip's lawyers told him to NOT take the risk but instead take the money.

Not hard to figure out.

I'm sure you and others will carry the banner of this case around for years as a sign of how evil DL is.

It's over.

There might be others that come after that end up the same and there might not be.

Close the book and move on.

DL and Kip both have.
You aren't suppose to.

I have a line badge and a TOC-R badge but I'm not suspose to be walking around the line unless its for work. Also not suppose to walk over to the GO and walk the halls.  

So can you? in theory yes, should you? nope. 

Reactions: 2 people
who told you that you are not permitted in the GO?

I see DL employees from all over the system at the GO and other non-secure but non-public areas of DL property.

There are no "classes" of DL employees as there are at other airlines. Either you are a DL employee or you are not.

That does not mean that SIDA badges are valid for any place you want to go... and the line and TOC are NOT the same work area.

So maybe you might not be allowed to walk around SIDA areas where you are not badged but you are more than welcome to stop by the GO and other non-public areas simply by showing your ID, either active or retired.

it ain't a matter of theory. It is what is allowed.

If you have some internal inhibition that you aren't supposed to be someplace that the company says you can go into and to which its own security people provide admittance, then you are the loser and not me.

WorldTraveler said:

I see DL employees from all over the system at the GO and other non-secure but non-public areas of DL property.

There are no "classes" of DL employees as there are at other airlines. Either you are a DL employee or you are not.
I didn't say I wasn't permitted
I simply said Delta doesn't really want employees wondering all over the place. You have no business walking around the GO just cause. You can, but all you are doing is getting in the way. (which I am sure you do all the time. Some of us do have lives out side of Delta)

WorldTraveler said:
That does not mean that SIDA badges are valid for any place you want to go... and the line and TOC are NOT the same work area.

So maybe you might not be allowed to walk around SIDA areas where you are not badged but you are more than welcome to stop by the GO and other non-public areas simply by showing your ID, either active or retired.

If you have some internal inhibition that you aren't supposed to be someplace that the company says you can go into and to which its own security people provide admittance, then you are the loser and not me.
Once again you don't know what you are talking about. 

First off, you are talking out of your ass about my job again. I spend plenty of time on the line (going and getting airplanes etc) 
Second the ramp at TOC now requires you to have a SIDA badge to go past the yellow line. TOC-R doesn't cut it anymore. 

And finally, If I am a loser because I don't feel the need to walk around the GO, TOC or some other area and get in the way and just being a sad person who can't get away from work........then yep. I am one proud loser. 

Shows how smart you are(n't) WT, really does. Also shows that again, you really need to get a life Leo. 

I "can" walk up to Don's office in TOC-I anytime I want and sit down a chat. I don't. He has a job to do and I'm not going to be some ass hole who feels the need to bother people just because. 

I don't care what you need to do or not

I did accurately say where DL IDs can be used

If you think you shouldn't go where they are permitted and tell me that then you are the loser whether you want to hear it or not

Btw Kip has the Sam access to DL property that I have and advocacy of any kind is prohibited by ALL DL people without proper procedures and request

WorldTraveler said:
I don't care what you need to do or not

I did accurately say where DL IDs can be used

If you think you shouldn't go where they are permitted and tell me that then you are the loser whether you want to hear it or not

Btw Kip has the Sam access to DL property that I have and advocacy of any kind is prohibited by ALL DL people without proper procedures and request
as I said, If I am loser for not being anything remotely close to you Leo then I am the proudest loser on the plant. 

as normal though you simply prove that you can't let go and enjoy being in the way. 

Reactions: 2 people
WorldTraveler said:
This is an inaccurate statement. One only needs only to follow the advocacy policies. You don't need to "request" to do so...

Reactions: 1 person
you're a loser because
1. you think that calling someone names makes you a bigger person. Au contraire.

2. you live with a virtual electronic collar around your neck that doesn't correspond to what the company says.

Take your little ID, go to the G.O., drive around the parking lot and park in any spot that isn't marked reserved, and then ride the elevator of the Admin Center up to the 4th or 5th floor, walk to the end of either end of the building, and then come back and then tell us how it went.

If you get arrested or walked out of the building, I'll be the first to send a check to your attorney. I'll provide you with check payable to your lawyer RIGHT NOW which you may cash when you provide documentation of a violation from DL.

This is an inaccurate statement. One only needs only to follow the advocacy policies. You don't need to "request" to do so...
correct... but if you want to do something that is not allowed in the advocacy policies, you do need to ask. and it isn't a given that you will be told no.

WorldTraveler said:
you're a loser because
1. you think that calling someone names makes you a bigger person. Au contraire.

2. you live with a virtual electronic collar around your neck that doesn't correspond to what the company says.

Take your little ID, go to the G.O., drive around the parking lot and park in any spot that isn't marked reserved, and then ride the elevator of the Admin Center up to the 4th or 5th floor, walk to the end of either end of the building, and then come back and then tell us how it went.

If you get arrested or walked out of the building, I'll be the first to send a check to your attorney. I'll provide you with check payable to your lawyer RIGHT NOW which you may cash when you provide documentation of a violation from DL.

correct... but if you want to do something that is not allowed in the advocacy policies, you do need to ask. and it isn't a given that you will be told no.
I'm pretty sure you would have been the one who started the name calling there Leo. 

and I didn't say i would get arrested or asked to leave. 

That doesn't mean i feel the need to just walk around the GO or TOC for s**ts and giggles like you apparently do. I try not to get in the way of other people..........oh and I have a life outside of Delta. I can find better things to do with my free time then walk around the GO and think I'm cool.  

WorldTraveler said:

WorldTraveler said:
reading comprehension is clearly not a strength for you.

Nor you. Check the post numbers......... 

Reactions: 1 person
If you have called me Leo and that is not my name, then you have indeed called me names.

To try to justify your behavior while condemning mine can only be called hypocrisy at its finest.

I don't have ANY need to walk around DL property and I make many trips without asking to use a company computer by showing my ID or accessing a break room.

But I know that I can do it and for you to argue that you can't or that any DL employee is restricted by anything other than their own inhibitions from what other employees or retirees are allowed to do, then the problem is yours and not mine.

and once again, Kev did get it right relative to this topic that Kip has no more or no less access than I do which means he can enter DL breakrooms OUTSIDE of SIDA areas but cannot engage in advocacy - but on the exact same basis that DL employees have.

Latest posts