DL Terminates Labor Activist Kip Hedges

So we should add all of you to the list of those who are paid by the labor movement in order to grow its membership revenues? And you, weAAsles, receive union compensation above your AA pay and benefits?

Kev, should we add you to the list of paid union organizers? weAAsles is painting with a pretty broad brush.

The notion that someone can't have values and be deeply committed to priorities and do so without financial incentives is the height of arrogance.

The people in the history of humanity who have made the greatest impact in the world got nothing financially out of their contributions. Nor did they see how their contributions would change the world.

I guess his personal advocacy for the poor in third world Countries also comes with some sort of compensation for him and his family.

The shackles that bind him are based on his own individual creature comforts and others suffering is irrelevant I guess.

For me I'm fortunately comfortable and maybe even blessed so I feel a need and a responsibility to at least try and pay that forward as my compensation back. 

Reactions: 1 person
iow, you don't care about anything unless you are paid to do so.

I don't get compensated for a lot of things but find myself involved in those issues. I do it because it is the right thing to do.

humanity is blessed to call you one of our own.

so, Kev, are you a paid union organizer for the IAM or not?

btw, where was the poll saying that other IAM members were willing to pay Kip to become a union organizer for DL? there could be a host of people at all kinds of companies who would love to get fired if they can get paid to work for a union.

WorldTraveler said:
So we should add all of you to the list of those who are paid by the labor movement in order to grow its membership revenues? And you, weAAsles, receive union compensation above your AA pay and benefits?

NO WT. I don't receive even a thin dime from my Union or any Labor organization directly. What I receive is the value from being a member of a Union.

I'm 100% positive that I receive so much from being a member that I HAVE to pay something back for that.  It's something inside of me that compels me. There are no outside influences that tell me I have to do this as a requirement for anything.

I have been a Steward in the past and asked if I could donate my very small stipend back but was told it was against our Union constitution. I'm conflicted about being a Steward again sometimes because I have to answer to others ideas and feel that they don't have the same heart for it that I do so I do what I can from outside the system so I can follow my own ideologies of what it means to be Union.

I'm sorry that this is apparently foreign to you.  

Kev, should we add you to the list of paid union organizers? weAAsles is painting with a pretty broad brush.

The notion that someone can't have values and be deeply committed to priorities and do so without financial incentives is the height of arrogance.

No it's not. You are guided by your greed and not everyone is like you.

The people in the history of humanity who have made the greatest impact in the world got nothing financially out of their contributions. Nor did they see how their contributions would change the world.

That's not true and now you're painting with a very broad brush. Many were compensated well but there were also plenty of people in History who had a moment thrust on them by taking a simple stand. Or in the case of Rosa Parks, refusing to stand.

thank you for confirming that you work for what gets you financial gain.

Some of us are motivated by non-financial benefits.

Rosa Parks was precisely one of those people.

She did act based on her principles. even if she got a modicum of compensation for them, that was far from the motive - and she wouldn't have accepted money even if she did benefit financially.

WorldTraveler said:
iow, you don't care about anything unless you are paid to do so.

I don't get compensated for a lot of things but find myself involved in those issues. I do it because it is the right thing to do.

humanity is blessed to call you one of our own.

so, Kev, are you a paid union organizer for the IAM or not?

btw, where was the poll saying that other IAM members were willing to pay Kip to become a union organizer for DL? there could be a host of people at all kinds of companies who would love to get fired if they can get paid to work for a union.
Do you think the families of those two officers executed in NYC are happy because the city and people are pitching in to help make their lives a little easier during a tragic event?

You have a very skewed ideology about life.

This attempt at flipping by WT is the height of stupidity, even by his normal standards.

Again, no one else wondered aloud why someone would advocate for something w/o financial reward... Except WT.

Now, instead of just walking it back or clarifying, we have this.

Anything to feed the compulsion to post, I guess.

Meanwhile, Kip's ordeal continues to expose the "open door policy" and in house advocacy for the ineffective false fronts they truly are.

Reactions: 4 people
WorldTraveler said:
thank you for confirming that you work for what gets you financial gain.

Some of us are motivated by non-financial benefits.

Rosa Parks was precisely one of those people.

She did act based on her principles. even if she got a modicum of compensation for them, that was far from the motive - and she wouldn't have accepted money even if she did benefit financially.
We all work to gain at least the financial means to support ourselves. In my case I work for American Airlines. What I earn though was provided to me from the hard work and sacrifices of those who collectively bargained for many years before I was even born. Before my Mother was born too as a matter of fact. What they did over those years was raise the bar in the industry I work in.

Shouldn't I have at least some type of responsibility to honor the things they did for me? Without them I wouldn't be making anywhere near what I do and if I wanted more for my sweat would have to organize and start from scratch. I benefit from the outline and template that was handed down to me.

That same template is why Delta provides what it does as well. But with the "Ready Reserve" system growing it's something that they are trying to roll back. They're trying to do it in secret though and as quietly as they can and don't want any light shown on it.

The company decided to try and silence Kip because he was gaining traction and had to be cut from the company cord because he was VOICING REALITY. That attempt to silence seems to have backfired though.

Reactions: 2 people
Kev3188 said:
This attempt at flipping by WT is the height of stupidity, even by his normal standards.
Again, no one else wondered aloud why someone would advocate for something w/o financial reward... Except WT.
Meanwhile, Kip's ordeal continues to expose the "open door policy" and in house advocacy for the ineffective false fronts they truly are.
I almost wish that WT was on other social media sites and in stations to see what's happening now. I think he knows though since his sense of urgency seems to have grown more intense the last few weeks.

What he wants, says or thinks is irrelevant since the tide is against him from the things I'm reading and seeing and being told now.

Before Kip the movement in Fleet was static it seemed to me honestly. Not anymore.

Reactions: 4 people
Just like you said you enjoy all the benefits as an active DL employee, how much is your profit sharing check that you tout?

Well it will be time to pay the piper soon when your posts are involved in Kip's lawsuit since you claim you know there is more to the story and you said DL didnt challenge the Unemployment Claim.

Where is the public information about your claims, or shall I say lies?

Anything related to Kip's case is confidential and a former DL employee who didnt work in HR or LR who has been gone from DL for nine years was given information then DL and yourself are in for a nice ride in the court system.

thank you for confirming what we have all suspected.

those who organize for labor unions receive confirmation for doing so.

That comes as great consolation to those who pay union dues and to DL employees who are being told that they will gain by being in a union.

in fact, you and other IAM ilk will gain while the DL employees themselves are the ones who will lose.

it's a great circle to be in - if you are willing to stoop that low.

most of us and most DL employees are not.

my prediction that you, like Kip, will end your DL career as a non-union employee remains unchanged.

You stated numerous times there is more to the story, so tell us what the more is and who is the source?

You stated DL didnt challenge his claim for UI.

Who was the source?

Anything in regard to his case is confidential, and proper people will be notified.

Back tracking now?

Well it will be time to pay the piper soon when your posts are involved in Kip's lawsuit since you claim you know there is more to the story and you said DL didnt challenge the Unemployment Claim.

Where is the public information about your claims, or shall I say lies?

Anything related to Kip's case is confidential and a former DL employee who didnt work in HR or LR who has been gone from DL for nine years was given information then DL and yourself are in for a nice ride in the court system.

I said there was more to the story because there is ALWAYS a personnel file.

there IS more to the story which none of us know.

I said DL didn't contest his claim because that is exactly what they have done. because you don't understand TH E PROCESS, doesn't mean that I or anyone else knows the details of this case.

Latest posts