DL Terminates Labor Activist Kip Hedges

You were compensated for your union efforts. If it was a penny, it was a penny that came from members.

DL employees aren't interested in a wealth transfer from their pocket to anyone else's in order to get less total compensation than they have today.

WorldTraveler said:
You were compensated for your union efforts. If it was a penny, it was a penny that came from members.

DL employees aren't interested in a wealth transfer from their pocket to anyone else's in order to get less total compensation than they have today.
Still no answer to the question repeatedly asked.

You WILL NOT answer because you CAN NOT answer.

WorldTraveler said:

I will say repeatedly how you MUST think and act. You are compelled to obey the directive of the Machine. The Machine demands total obedience. Resistance if futile. You will comply. 

Free thought is not tolerated by the Machine and shall be dealt with with swift and rash punishment.

OBEY the MACHINE!!!!

Still no answer to the question repeatedly asked.

You WILL NOT answer because you CAN NOT answer.
I've answered but you cannot read and comprehend.

typical union activist.

You are quickly replacing 700 as the best reason DL employees need to NOT be unionized.

WorldTraveler said:
I've answered but you cannot read and comprehend.

typical union activist.

You are quickly replacing 700 as the best reason DL employees need to NOT be unionized.
Nah that doesn't cut it as a "direct" answer. I'll make it easy for you if you want? Just copy and paste this comment.

I do not receive any form of compensation of either a monetary design or other that can be construed as any means that would enrich myself or my family in regards to my activities on this webpage by either Delta Airlines, it's subsidiaries or any company under contract to Delta Airlines or any member with the authority within the organization to issue funds. I also receive no compensation for my activities on this webpage by any corporation or entity that would be enriched by the continuous prospering of Delta Airlines either now or in the future.

WeAA  its quite apparent WT is the reason why DL needs a union    clowns like him really are one of the biggest issues why they need a union    

Actions such as what happen to Kip is a major boost as to why a union is primarily needed at DL  

Dl unilaterally taking large chunks of the PS away from select members  is another good reason why DL folks need union

Include having never used pass benefits for travel for any non-profit or for profit benefit. Big no, no.

Delta will take away the benefits of that mother of the gun runner because of pass abuse.

Reactions: 2 people
Delta Air Lines is 3 words.

If words matter, get it right.

otherwise, WeAA, you got it right.

I get nothing from anyone for what I do on here.

WorldTraveler said:
Delta Air Lines is 3 words.

If words matter, get it right.

otherwise, WeAA, you got it right.

I get nothing from anyone for what I do on here.
If true then with over 15000 mostly very long winded and worded posts almost half of which are bad then you must have an issue with Mental Illness?

I mean really what other purpose would you have to come on here day after day and wittle away your time mostly being castigated and cajoled for your opinion if you were not Mentally Ill?

Is there some type of sick perverted need in that psyche to have to be right to a bunch of unknown typers on one little webpage in cyberspace?

I'll be honest maybe I have a Mental Illness for continuing on these threads with you that at most I've ever seen were 6 people viewing. Maybe we should both go and get evaluated, what do you think?

I think there's something wrong with us. Something very very wrong with us. :wacko: :wacko:

Reactions: 1 person
WorldTraveler said:
given that he was a NW hire, it isn't clear how much pre-employment and initial employment documents in it.
Not clear to whom? They have the same sorts of things E mentioned. It's not like they magically emptied (or filled) on Day 1 of the merger...

DL made the right call, they wouldn't have terminated him if they didn't already have their ducks lined up.  DL isn't stupid, he violated company policies and was given ample warnings and reminders in the past.  

Again how is it fair to dues paying IAM members at other carriers and outside the airline industry that they are funding his suit as a non-member and non-dues payer?  My guess is he is receiving this treatment based on his past service and connections throughout the union and to further portray him as a martyr and hope to drive more card signings.  

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
DL has designated corporate communications department to handle inquiries, he as a ramper-not a manager at HDQ-is in no position to comment.  The guy is plain dumb, he was given ample warnings and reminded of the company procedures.

Now, I responded to you.  Please explain how it is fair and equatable to dues paying IAM members at other carriers and outside the industry to be paying for his suit.  Does the IAM offer free legal assistance to anyone for wrongful termination?  

Josh

Was he responding on behalf of Delta, or on behalf of labor? Did he really say anything false when you consider all the vendors working for DL at MSP at rates of less than $15/hour?

Seriously, Josh, you've got the "I hate the IAM" blinders on a little too tightly. I'm no fan of unions, but the guys have a right to pursue one if they want.

It's not like this was on MSNBC or Fox. It was on a pro-labor website video that nobody looked at until DL fired him.

Reactions: 4 people
737823 said:
DL has designated corporate communications department to handle inquiries, he as a ramper-not a manager at HDQ-is in no position to comment.  The guy is plain dumb, he was given ample warnings and reminded of the company procedures.
And if this was a media event (ie a reporter seeking comment on an incident), I might agree with you.

But it wasn't, so your conclusion is invalid.

How many warnings are considered "ample?" If you want to bring up the time he was quoted in the Star-Trib, then let's remember the company agreed he violated no policies.

What if there were NO warnings? Then what?

Now, I responded to you.  Please explain how it is fair and equatable to dues paying IAM members at other carriers and outside the industry to be paying for his suit.  Does the IAM offer free legal assistance to anyone for wrongful termination?
To argue against their support of a wronged worker would be to argue for the at-will doctrine, and a company's ability to do as they please with people's careers. I think most IAM members would agree that this is an investment worth making. I certainly would've when I was a member.

Reactions: 2 people

Latest posts