DL to suspend SEA-HND Flights

Status
Not open for further replies.
WorldTraveler said:
new entrant will be worth nothing.

and EVEN IF AA gets the route and DL loses SEA, do you not think that DL will just add more capacity from LAX to HND using an A333 which has trip costs that aren't a whole lot higher than the 767 that DL presently uses?

I missed this. 

Yes I know Delta isn't going to capacity dump on a route that is already in the red just to do so. If you want to take a bet on this one I will be more than happy to. 

IF Delta were.......a very big IF......to do much at all about this it would be adding LAX-PVG. I expect Delta will sit back and watch Parker's bluff get called and laugh about it. 

except I'm not convinced that DL does lose money on LAX-HND. It might be break even.

but I would be more than happy to bet you that DL will not continue to use a 767 if AA gets the award to also operate LAX-HND.

and trip costs on the 333 are not a whole lot higher than on the 767 and seat mile costs are actually quite a bit lower.

WorldTraveler said:
except I'm not convinced that DL does lose money on LAX-HND. It might be break even.

but I would be more than happy to bet you that DL will not continue to use a 767 if AA gets the award to also operate LAX-HND.

and trip costs on the 333 are not a whole lot higher than on the 767 and seat mile costs are actually quite a bit lower.
 Delta is having a hard time doing much better than 70% full and that is with a capacity down grade in the LAX-TYO market. 

it isn't going to happen. 

good loads certainly don't hurt now do they?

when you combine the fact that DL's LAX-HND flights get higher average fares than either or AA or UA's two LAX to Asia flights and that DL's total onboard revenue for LAX-HND is higher than both of AA's LAX Asia flights and UA's LAX-NRT flight, then the chances are pretty good that either DL makes money on LAX-HND or neither AA or UA make money flying LAX to Asia, esp. considering that Tokyo is a shorter route than PVG and DL is using a 767 compared to AA and UA's larger aircraft.

That went right by him
nope... I turned it around and sent it right back with facts.

far too many of you don't know what to do with them and when you do see then, you run from them.

of course it is nauseating to find out that DL's LAX-HND flight actually generates more revenue that either of AA's two LAX-Asia flights and better than UA's LAX-NRT flight.

when you are convinced you are right and find out that isn't the case, the truth is not easy to swallow

We're not running from the facts... we're just running from you.

960.png

Reactions: 3 people
he may not of wanted to take the early out and leave but some how DL managed to pay him to leave or paid him then fired him.    

The fact you provide of course are blown out of proportion   and half the time the facts just don't support your bs

and the question is why you can't objectively talk about business issues, E.

You have been whining for the better part of a decade about having to share space on this forum with me.

and it is precisely because I bring out real facts that you don't want to hear including that DL's performance even on its LAX-HND route is better than either of AA's LAX to Asia flight that you want me to go away.

I'm not going anywhere.

we see you made it past 15,100 - way to go - everyone knows you are not going anywhere - you must spend your entire day here trying to get the last word in

actually it goes like this - when people point out facts that dispute your fantasy theories - you then go on the attack or change the subject so don't lecture us about debating the facts when you can barely use them

Once again AA is out performing DL on ROA by alot - it's troubling you

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts