DL to terminate JFK-NRT, NRT-KIX and NRT-BKK in October

FWAAA

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
KIX and BKK aren't as surprising to me as JFK-NRT.

Delta today announced it will cancel service this fall from New York-JFK to Tokyo-Narita, and from Tokyo-Narita to Osaka and Bangkok, but remains committed to supporting a strong Asia-Pacific network.

The announcement comes a few weeks after the U.S. Department of Transportation tentatively awarded Delta daytime service from Los Angeles and Minneapolis to Tokyo-Haneda. Delta is tentatively slated to receive two of the five available daytime trans-Pacific HND frequencies available for U.S. airlines as part of the new aviation agreement between the U.S. and Japan that limits such access to Tokyos Haneda airport. Tickets for the new route will not be sold until Delta is granted final DOT approval.
http://news.delta.com/executive-qa-delta-remains-committed-asia-despite-haneda-agreement

I'm just going to just leave this right here ... for old times' sake ...

"DL still is the largest foreign airline in Japan and will still operate more than enough flights to depress yields over the Pacific and in Japan as long as it takes to finish Japan Airlines off once and for all.... and in the meantime, DL will be pulling traffic left and right off of JL and AA."

I think it serves as a reminder, along with a few other goings on this week, that pride comes before a fall - particularly for internet fanboys.

Reactions: 4 people
Kev3188 said:
JFK is a surprise, and seeing BKK close altogether is a bummer...

JFK is a bummer, BKK does kind of surprise me because it kind of goes against everything I have heard about it 

commavia said:

"DL still is the largest foreign airline in Japan and will still operate more than enough flights to depress yields over the Pacific and in Japan as long as it takes to finish Japan Airlines off once and for all.... and in the meantime, DL will be pulling traffic left and right off of JL and AA."

I think it serves as a reminder, along with a few other goings on this week, that pride comes before a fall - particularly for internet fanboys.
That's a walk back in time

Reactions: 1 person
commavia said:

I'm still waiting on the MIA hub he promised.... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Reactions: 3 people
Oy...

Well, he once wrote me that the crowd here wasn't smart enough to be able to debate with him. I'm sure the investment community is delighted he's shown up to explain things to them...

Reactions: 2 people