DL's CFO leaves to become CFO at General Motors

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines' started by eolesen, Oct 30, 2020.

1. eolesen

eolesen Veteran

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...elta-paul-jacobson-general-motors/6085448002/

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. swamt

swamt Veteran

Did I read that correctly? He was gonna leave Delta, Bastain talked him out of leaving and even wrote a memo that he was staying, but yet, Jacobson later still left Delta to take new roll at GM as VP and CFO? Interesting indeed. Hope he made out like a bandit at both companies, smart man right there.

3. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

Yep, that's correct.

It seems like 10 years ago now, but I think his retirement was actually announced (memo to all of us, etc.), only to have him wind up staying to help during the crisis.

DL has done a lot of virtual Town Halls over the last 7 months, and he's been in many of them. He comes off as personable, and does a great job of explaining financial matters w/o talking down to anyone. I wish he'd stayed.

4. swamt

swamt Veteran

It sounds to me that he wanted a change and wanted to go to GM at a time that GM wants the electric cars to take off. It is also very possible that GM paid a pretty penny to get him away from Delta as well, and more than likely a great contract in case GM goes down again.
    Delta just let a good employee go, wonder why? Yes, Kev., he was well liked by all.

5. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

Why'd he leave? Who knows? I'm sure GM made it worth his while...

• Useful Useful x 1