DL's schedule from DAL/DFW post Wright

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldTraveler

Corn Field
Dec 5, 2003
after months of debate, it appears that DL's schedule in N. Texas is now firm.

DL's new ATL-DAL service remains but the other DAL markets have been removed with the schedule change that is still processing.

DL will operate 6 717s per day ATL-DAL and will have 56% of the seat share on the route with WN having the remainder; DL's capacity at DAL will nearly triple compared to today where it is limited to 50 seat RJs.

WN is not starting DAL-DTW or MSP as they said they would so ATL will be the only interior US hub that is served from DAL.

DL's LGA-DFW service has also been loaded.

DL's combined growth at DAL/DFW will result in about 25% more seats which includes the new LAX flights plus increases at both DFW and DAL to ATL and on DFW-DTW.

WN's capacity at DAL is up by about 20% based on Nov schedules while their combined FL/WN capacity at ATL is down by about the same amount.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm sure you are and we aren't surprised.

DL will still be at DAL. Will still be the largest airline to its hubs from N. Texas, exactly the same type of situation that exists in Chicago and Houston.

And let me know what other carriers are growing by 25% in one city.

Growing doesnt mean the seats will be filled.

You carried on for months about how DL will get this, DL will get that.

DL got nothing.

Reactions: 5 people
WorldTraveler said:

DL will still be at DAL. Will still be the largest airline to its hubs from N. Texas, exactly the same type of situation that exists in Chicago and Houston.

There you go again, its not "WE", its Delta, something which arent part of anymore.

Reactions: 3 people
WorldTraveler said:

Not entirely accurate (as usual).    Don't you ever fact check anything you post?   

According to the DOT, AA was the largest carrier of local traffic between DFW and LGA in the fourth quarter.    WN was the largest carrier of local traffic between DAL and ATL in the fourth quarter (yes, DL was the largest carrier between DFW and ATL, and that market was much larger than DAL).   

AA was the largest carrier of local traffic between DFW and both MSP and SLC.   

All of those cities are DL hubs, right?      

So only to ATL was DL the larger carrier of local traffic between N Texas and the DL hubs.   

Reactions: 6 people
yes, my statement is completely accurate.

I didn't say that DL is the largest airline from DAL to ATL.

The 40 more passengers per day that WN carries in the DAL-ATL local market are a fraction of the advantage that DL has in the DFW-ATL local market. On a combined basis, DL is the largest carrier from N. Texas (exactly the term I used) to DL's hubs.

you probably also failed to note that I used the term interior hubs because I know full well that AA is the largest carrier in the LGA-DFW market and DL does indeed call LGA a hub.

Perhaps you stumbled over the meaning of interior but I would not call any coastal city such as NYC or LAX among others interior hubs.

My statement is indeed correct.

Again, ATL is the only DL non-coastal hub (is that better?) that will have service from DAL and in the combined DAL/DFW market, DL will have 55% of the capacity.

I also did not say to EACH of DL's hubs. I spoke in aggregate and my statement is correct. to DL's interior US hubs, DL is still the largest carrier in terms of passengers and DL also receives about a 10% revenue premium to AA in the market group as a whole.

no, 700, you aren't part of the IAM or US. I AM part of DL and will be until I die.

Kev,
you can toss any city out you want but let me know what other city the size of Dallas has received 25% or more seats by any carrier other than as a part of the slot divestiture or the opening of DAL to longhaul domestic traffic.

It should have been obvious - yes, I know that might have been too much to ask - to realize that the whole DAL/DFW discussion was in the context of the slot and airport divestiture and the opening of DAL.

Again, let me know what city you would like to suggest would show that another carrier has increased the same percent increase in capacity.

DL will be at DAL with its 717s which is what I said would happen from the earliest days of discussion about DAL.

while i do grant you did say they would be at DAL with the 717s  you kept insisting they would have over 20 flights a day....  that has been shot down   theyll be at DAL but with 5 or 6 717s a day.. 

E actually wrote a post in which both of us guessed that DL would end up with less than the 20 they had requested - somewhere around 10 flights/days.

Yes, DL will be at DAL with 660 seats/day which keeps them as the largest network carrier at a secondary airport which also serves as a WN hub - MDW and IAH, and now DAL.

Yes, DL (and I) wanted to be able to serve all of its hubs. WN wanted more gates and WN's supporters here strongly supported their company - as they should have. Both DL and WN didn't get all they wanted. WN wanted to add service to nearly 10 more cities if it had received two more gates.

They have room to expand at DAL but they are honestly not going to be able to serve many of the markets they do from other "hubs" like HOU and MDW because they just don't have enough gates.

DAL will be a lot smaller market than either DL or WN want. VX moved its operation to DAL which helps DL add service from DFW.

WN still has enough capacity from DAL that they can take a significant chunk of the combined DAL/DFW market to the cities they serve and important connecting markets. In order to add more, they have to reduce their shorthaul market from DAL further and then push their gate utilization.

DL will not have any competitors from DAL to DTW, MSP, or SLC which allows it to continue to maintain its overall market leadership to its interior US hubs.

UA is apparently wanting to maintain its presence to IAH, a market in which it will have no competition but for which connections will be a lot less valuable.

and finally, AA will gain a competitor from DAL that it cannot directly defend to most of its top markets.

WorldTraveler said:
yes, my statement is completely accurate.

you probably also failed to note that I used the term interior hubs because I know full well that AA is the largest carrier in the LGA-DFW market and DL does indeed call LGA a hub.

Perhaps you stumbled over the meaning of interior but I would not call any coastal city such as NYC or LAX among others interior hubs.
You are a pathological liar, as post #3 (to which I responded) did not use the term "interior hubs."    Choose your words carefully or others will point out your inaccuracies.

Reactions: 9 people
WorldTraveler said:
y
Kev,
you can toss any city out you want but let me know what other city the size of Dallas has received 25% or more seats by any carrier other than as a part of the slot divestiture or the opening of DAL to longhaul domestic traffic.
I don't need to "toss any city."

Like I said, show us one where the seat count was as small as DAL's to start with. Nobody's ever argued that DL's capacity wouldn't rise with the fall of the WA. But to tout this 25% as some sort of revolution is just silly. DL currently offers 250 seats/weekday. That's a bar so low you can almost trip on it.

It should have been obvious - yes, I know that might have been too much to ask - to realize that the whole DAL/DFW discussion was in the context of the slot and airport divestiture and the opening of DAL.
Likewise, it should be obvious that just about everyone on this site "gets" the direction of the discussion.

DL will be at DAL with its 717s which is what I said would happen from the earliest days of discussion about DAL.
Yep, so did I (and E175's). It's the right plane for the market. So what?

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts