Do you go out of your way anymore?

If so why? I mean association members are still working under a bankruptcy contract.
Used to be cognizant of warranty parts. With all the new aircraft there are to ton of them. Why worry about it?
Wipe the struts? Why? I'll take the overtime on a strut repack.
Don't even ask at about f.o.d.

Reactions: 2 people
Baaahahaha... no way,,, never do anything extra for the company,, the guys, thats a different story, always go the extra mile to help out the brothers,,, but the comapny, just whats required and thats it.

Reactions: 1 person
Here at TULE we as  Crew Chiefs have been asked to participate in a team concept with the purpose of giving the Chiefs help in getting what we need to do our jobs. Those that are directly above the chiefs, want to make a list of who is qualified to Taxi Tow, Engine Run, LMP etc.. 

I always thought warranty was big savings. What a hassle find a number for a tag to order one. Fill it out then find a warranty box. Screw that throw it in the trash.

Buck said:
Here at TULE we as  Crew Chiefs have been asked to participate in a team concept with the purpose of giving the Chiefs help in getting what we need to do our jobs. Those that are directly above the chiefs, want to make a list of who is qualified to Taxi Tow, Engine Run, LMP etc.. 
In dfw they don't even bother with crew chief meetings. Even if they did not sure any crew chiefs would waste their time going! There is no confidence in managementioned in dfw at all.

dfw gen said:
In dfw they don't even bother with crew chief meetings. Even if they did not sure any crew chiefs would waste their time going! There is no confidence in managed mentioned in dfw at all.
Not so much as a meeting after the first one, but having supervision attempt to get the Chiefs what they need to ensure efficiency.

It was also a "no confidence" position in the management above the supervisor, which in many cases I feel is correct. My direct complaint is the inability to change the delivery of parts based on an AOS Priority code. Maintenance does not have the ability to change the urgency of these parts especially those that are AOG. Also within a day or two of this Team Meeting , one of the Crew Chiefs was told by his Supervisor that he was lousy and did not know his job? I think: Work with us but my opinion is you are lousy?" hmmm?

Buck said:
Not so much as a meeting after the first one, but having supervision attempt to get the Chiefs what they need to ensure efficiency.

It was also a "no confidence" position in the management above the supervisor, which in many cases I feel is correct. My direct complaint is the inability to change the delivery of parts based on an AOS Priority code. Maintenance does not have the ability to change the urgency of these parts especially those that are AOG. Also within a day or two of this Team Meeting , one of the Crew Chiefs was told by his Supervisor that he was lousy and did not know his job? I think: Work with us but my opinion is you are lousy?" hmmm?
I ask again, why bother?

One of the guys who posts here (or used to) had a signature line on his posts that said, "They pay me just enough so that I won't quit; so, I do just enough so they won't fire me." :lol:     (But, I fully understand the sentiment.)

Reactions: 2 people
jimntx said:
One of the guys who posts here (or used to) had a signature line on his posts that said, "They pay me just enough so that I won't quit; so, I do just enough so they won't fire me." :lol:     (But, I fully understand the sentiment.)
Without a doubt true at the new America West airways.

I'm sure all of these posts are completely in jest, but my (unsolicited) advice would be to tread lightly when it comes to discussing these types of things, even as hypotheticals...

Reactions: 6 people
Kev3188 said:
I'm sure all of these posts are completely in jest, but my (unsolicited) advice would be to tread lightly when it comes to discussing these types of things, even as hypotheticals...
Do you think any one ( me ) said anything we should not have?

Latest posts