Do you go out of your way anymore?

Kev3188 said:
No, and I'm not trying to be a thread nanny; I just don't want to see anyone's writing be mistaken for something they're not.
It's ok, we can  police each other especially if one of us steps off of the cliff :)

With the IAW policy you risk disciplinary action if something happens. I still hear guys saying I did it this way and nothing happens and so on. Just follow the paperwork and do the job to the best of your ability IAW policy outlined.

Kev3188 said:
I'm sure all of these posts are completely in jest, but my (unsolicited) advice would be to tread lightly when it comes to discussing these types of things, even as hypotheticals...
Sage advice.
Wouldn't be the first time a company requested IP and email information to track down an employee.
Be careful with social media, whatever you say can bite you in the A$$ at anytime.
B) xUT

Reactions: 3 people
Im not at AA but im in the same situation.

I let my taxi run up expire and im not about to go on a field trip due to the way my group has been treated. 

Every time something goes wrong and you are involved the company is going to hang you I see it more and more up here in the north east. The last couple of incidents it is plain to see they are looking to put the blame on the AMT. The less you do the less trouble you will get into
They shoot you first and ask questions later....

I am wondering how the legacy AA and US mechanics interaction will be once they start working with each other post JCBA. I have heard that US mechanics do not follow the IAW as closely as the AA mechanics. At AA after the MD80 AD debacle and the FAA scrutinizing everything we did for years, it has conditioned us to not stick our neck out when doing tasks with short cuts that satisfy the intent of the AMM. Will AA mechanics refuse to sign jointly for work done with a US mechanic who is not following IAW exactly? The IAM and TWU reps better get both groups on the same page before JCBA or there will be conflicts.

US mechanics are top notch, maintenance has received numerous diamond awards and the IAM has a leading flight safety committee who has assisted and worked with the NTSB in accident investigations.

Nice stone throwing, funny AA has been hit with massive fines for maintenance, not US.

And AA is going to the US style of maintenance.

No US AMT is going to do short cuts to accomplish the task at hand.

You are simply unreal.

Reactions: 2 people
Kev3188 said:
I'm sure all of these posts are completely in jest, but my (unsolicited) advice would be to tread lightly when it comes to discussing these types of things, even as hypotheticals...
Good advice Kev.

These kinds of things (posts) tend to come up in injunction hearings when an airline sues a union over a job action.

It's going to be the same song and dance just like the Eastern guys the Pan American guys and the TWA guys. We are all in the same Fked up industry trying to make a living for corporations who have screwed everyone over again again and again. 90 percent of us are all good and the integration with each other will take time but you will know who is good and who isnt. Make the best of it we don't have a choice.

700UW said:
US mechanics are top notch, maintenance has received numerous diamond awards and the IAM has a leading flight safety committee who has assisted and worked with the NTSB in accident investigations.

Nice stone throwing, funny AA has been hit with massive fines for maintenance, not US.

And AA is going to the US style of maintenance.

No US AMT is going to do short cuts to accomplish the task at hand.

You are simply unreal.

Cool. It'll be great working with top notch mechanics. Unlike some of the ones I work with at AA!!!!

So let's see other unions have come to agreements with the company however this one has not - so the strategy is - let's just not try at work

You don't get it.

The only pressure the members have to get the company moving in negotiations is working by the book.

Reactions: 1 person