doug and roberts full text offer

Don't think I've ever seen "may be" used in a scope proposal as I have in this one.

Don't think I've ever seen "may be" used in a scope proposal as I have in this one.
Having been outspoken about seeing the contract, I will say “FINALLY!”.
There are good things and not so good things. 401k language not so good. Cap on medical is imperative. These two items alone present a problem for me. I will continue scouring the proposal for both good and bad.

Having been outspoken about seeing the contract, I will say “FINALLY!”.
There are good things and not so good things. 401k language not so good. Cap on medical is imperative. These two items alone present a problem for me. I will continue scouring the proposal for both good and bad.

Remember much of what they put out was already language that was agreed to or TA’d.

What you’re looking for now is to go to the language that has not been agreed to and see what that looks like.

I just woke up but already I’m seeing Danger Will Robinson in two of the areas I ran right to. Scope of work and Part Time Ratios.

Reactions: Shafted

Exactly. Thank you. You caught that too. That’s where I call any proposals incomplete. “May be” doesn’t mean “Will be”

Exactly. Thank you. You caught that too. That’s where I call any proposals incomplete. “May be” doesn’t mean “Will be”

Yup, it "may be" work done by association members, it may also "not" be done by association members

Yup, it "may be" work done by association members, it may also "not" be done by association members

04F252EC-8BB6-4C39-884B-79599BB8CAB7.jpeg

Well, well. There is an offer in writing. Once again this asso. lied to the membership.
Happy reading guys. Let us know how it looks...

Well, well. There is an offer in writing. Once again this asso. lied to the membership.
Happy reading guys. Let us know how it looks...
So far I’m not seeing any bombshells that we didn’t already figure

Please let us know how scope looks with the mechanics and maint when you get a chance. Curious if it is as bad as the asso led it to be with all their doom and gloom scope comments.
It’s pretty much exactly as the company has been saying

It’s pretty much exactly as the company has been saying
So the asso. was over exaggerating on scope and maint work? fear mongering the membership??
No wonder the co. pulled a reach around. They knew the asso was lying to the membership. This will get interesting...

So the asso. was over exaggerating on scope and maint work? fear mongering the membership??
No wonder the co. pulled a reach around. They knew the asso was lying to the membership. This will get interesting...

I think that the "outsourcing" percentage going to 50 percent compared to 35 is quite a leap, on the LAA side.

Last edited:
I think that the "outsourcing" percentage going to 50 percent compared to 35 is quite a leap, on the LAA side. Considering that the work going to South America is considered in house, due to the fact that the employees there are non union AA AMTs. Those two combined is a lot more than 50 percent. That would also apply to the line maintenance numbers as well. B, C, phase checks can be done in South America and not be considered going to a third party.
It may be a leap but that’s exactly what they’ve been saying all along