Doug Parker decries profit sharing....

Pretty ironic that AA is always chasing non union DL pay rates. With these record profits shouldnt it be the other way around? I thought being union brought higher pay than non union?! Now I get to PAY dues to earn less income than my peers!! Like a donkey chasing a carrot on a stick AA employees will never catch DL. Doug isn't stupid, he knows having unionized labor is the cheaper option nowadays.

Reactions: 4 people
I've worked at jobs with and without profit sharing.  Take it in salary, always!  Profit sharing is a way to keep routine wages lower to avoid year-over-year increases in other costs (e.g., benefits, annual merit increases, etc.).  (Just my two cents I know many on here don't agree with.)

Reactions: 4 people
Profit sharing? I would just like to get out of the twu negotiated bankruptcy contract.....

Some time before I retire...

Reactions: 2 people
DL has paid more to keep unions out.

Guess you don't realize that 40% of DL's ACS are ready reserve who make about $13 an hour with zero benefits?

Reactions: 2 people
700UW said:
Guess you don't realize that 40% of DL's ACS are ready reserve who make about $13 an hour with zero benefits?
How many ready reserve flight attendants does DL have?

Reactions: 3 people
Black Magic said:
Pretty ironic that AA is always chasing non union DL pay rates. With these record profits shouldnt it be the other way around? I thought being union brought higher pay than non union?! Now I get to PAY dues to earn less income than my peers!! Like a donkey chasing a carrot on a stick AA employees will never catch DL. Doug isn't stupid, he knows having unionized labor is the cheaper option nowadays.

I really do wonder what I pay union dues for?

Reactions: 5 people
I wonder why a member of the TWU, whether Local or International, would agree to contractual parameters that made a direct comparison on any wages or benefits?

700UW said:
With unions like the IAM, TWU and IBT you have to wonder why they remain union free.

Reactions: 1 person
I guess it's easy to decry profit sharing when your salary is $5.3 million per year....in good times and in bad.  That's a lot more than the average AA employee makes.  The thing is, with record profits, the bonus check will look REALLY good...and the stock options should bring a spectacular return.  

Reactions: 3 people
Buck said:
I wonder why a member of the TWU, whether Local or International, would agree to contractual parameters that made a direct comparison on any wages or benefits?
Sorry Should have said:

I wonder why a member of the TWU, whether Local or International, would agree to contractual parameters that made a direct comparison to a nonunion airline on any wages or benefits?

Because the market determines the rates.

So of course you use what other airlines are being paid as a comparison.

Did you complain when AMFA got a huge raise at NW which in turn forced AA to give you all a big raise also?

Buck said:
Sorry Should have said:

I wonder why a member of the TWU, whether Local or International, would agree to contractual parameters that made a direct comparison to a nonunion airline on any wages or benefits?
Once again , for all the (knuckleheads) the market dictates wages and benefits. The more non-union MRO's are popping up the more wages will be suppress and work contracted out. Members do not decide the market does.

APFA is a crappie union that lost united to IBT and has been after AA for over twenty years. A big "L"