Doug Parker on US Airways

see the real issue with our compamy! I await your answer.....
So it is your view that US senior management is/was among the best in the world and the front line employees are a problem because they want ("entitle/whining") WN/AA/UA/CO type pay scale
Did the HP agents have "the sense of entitlement that some of our employees feel thaey deserve."

You are so right that it does matter if HP bought US or the other way around. You are also right that is very distressing that Tempe has not learned from Herb Kellerher's winning formula:

Happy employees = happy customers = happy stockholders.

In fairness to Parker and Co., they are by no alone. Most airline CEOs - aside from Gordon Bethune - are not exactly employee oriented.

oops major typo.... should have been "does not matter".

Bla Bla Bla !!!

What a bunch of sour grapes....I worked for US at top scale and i worked for HP when furloughed for 8$. Im not willing to go there again.

I think what we should be concerned with is our contract negotiations and letting the company know that we back our negotiations teams 100%. All the other BS is just

that. Save some money now cuz you may need it later to prove your union loyalty if there is ever an Impass with this company.

Go Forward Never Look Back Again >>>>>>

Reactions: 2 people
NO I will not forget the low low low pay scale and benefits of HP
You can see the tide slowly changing.

The undecided, reasonable, silent majority is beginning to assert themselves.

The fixated, zealots remain exactly that.

The opposition is the company.

That's where the money comes from and that's who we need to negotiate with.

Keep your eyes on the prize.

The rest is all sound and fury.

A lot of front line employees have stated that at least under Wolfe they had a CEO that knew how to deliver an award winning product.
Wolfe is also the guy who wrote the checks that the U was unable to cash when things went south.

We're still paying that debt off.

Was it Rakesh who was left holding Wolfe's bag with the "there is no plan B" quote?

Today marks Doug Parker's tenth anniversary as CEO.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/business/s_754062.html

Work remains for US Airways CEO Doug Parker
By The Arizona Republic
Tuesday, August 30, 2011

US Airways CEO Doug Parker has spent the past 10 years attempting to stay a step ahead of the industry's next daunting challenge.

From Sept. 11 to the economic downturn, through bankruptcies, mergers, fees and cutbacks, the volatile industry has demonstrated both its fragility and resilience.

Let's all wish him "happy anniversary".

Reactions: 1 person
On the same day the Company touted HIS 10th anniversary, he also announced the outsourcing of MY job. Thanks, Doug! :angry:

Franke Air revels in sticking it to it s employees. Especially when it is coupled with a celebration for THEM. Doug probably had a toast with the rest of sr. Mgt. And a disparaging comment about the message they sent labor.Coincides with the eastern distance learners they just fired. This is TOXIC leadership in clear action. Soon, the entire workforce here will unite against Franke Air.

On the same day the Company touted HIS 10th anniversary, he also announced the outsourcing of MY job. Thanks, Doug! :angry:
Kind of sad, they tell you hoe we have to keep costs down put still give themselves a 200% bonus. I don't think there has ever been a management team that hates the employees this much!!! but their time will come.

how in the heck can dp even go to bed knowing he just celebrated hi 10 yrs with US/HP and the closing or down sizing of cities plus furloughing employees what a pathetic moron he and the rest of the mgmt team are. If they all had brains that actually worked, US would be a dangerous airline!