Doug Parker on US Airways

Do you think we could POSSIBLY get this one back on topic? The pilots' dispute has been addressed ad nauseum in multiple other threads.

And PI regardless of Isom's perceived response to the alleged job action, my comment was that he is more qualified to be CEO than Doug because he is an operations man, and as far as I can see he has done a decent job in straightening out many lingering operational issues from the time he joined.

My point is merely that I think airline CEO's need to be operations oriented rather than MBA's who can't see anything beyond a spreadsheet....

What good is it if you constantly manipulate the numbers to show profits when you are not doing what is needed to keep valued customers? At some point you will begin losing again....it's like a ponzi scheme of sorts.

Sustained profits are easier to achieve and maintain by having a sound operation and by encouraging your most loyal customers to remain loyal.

And now back to the regularly scheduled p*ssing contest.....

Do you think we could POSSIBLY get this one back on topic? The pilots' dispute has been addressed ad nauseum in multiple other threads.

And PI regardless of Isom's perceived response to the alleged job action, my comment was that he is more qualified to be CEO than Doug because he is an operations man, and as far as I can see he has done a decent job in straightening out many lingering operational issues from the time he joined.

My point is merely that I think airline CEO's need to be operations oriented rather than MBA's who can't see anything beyond a spreadsheet....

What good is it if you constantly manipulate the numbers to show profits when you are not doing what is needed to keep valued customers? At some point you will begin losing again....it's like a ponzi scheme of sorts.

Sustained profits are easier to achieve and maintain by having a sound operation and by encouraging your most loyal customers to remain loyal.

I know what you are saying Art, but what I'm telling you is that he is no better on some of the issues than Parker is and I believe he is bringing a heavier hand. Maybe he would be better from a customer prospective, because he has done some good things. I just thing wrong attitude towards employees, or at least pilots.

Doug was chief of operations during his career and was successful like most things he takes on.

Doug was chief of operations during his career and was successful like most things he takes on.

Like it or don't Doug Parker has been on record with anti employee/customer comments since the merger. I don't save stuff so I'll leave it to others to find the quotes. Bottom line is that his attitude sucks when it come to those who provide his lifestyle. Please take note of Mr Kelleher's well known observation regarding customers and employees.

From Mr Kelleher

“You put your employees first. If you truly treat your employees with respect, they will treat your customers well, your customers will come back, and that’s what makes your shareholders happy. So there is no constituency at war with any other constituency. Ultimately, it’s shareholder value that you’re producing”.

Now then since business performance is the key measurement of CEO's. Who's company has fared better on the balance sheet and the yearly bottom line? The difference between Doug Parker and Herb Kelleher can be summed up in one word, LEADERSHIP! One has it, the other doesn't

Reactions: 1 person
Like it or don't Doug Parker has been on record with anti employee/customer comments since the merger.

I'm going to admit to being a little biased, so with that in mind I will paraphrase him from a crew news session.

We can't make you happy. You had it so good at one time and you are never going to get back to that, so f it, you will just have to be unhappy.

I'm going to admit to being a little biased, so with that in mind I will paraphrase him from a crew news session.

We can't make you happy. You had it so good at one time and you are never going to get back to that, so f it, you will just have to be unhappy.

I think there are two options... he could either lie to you or tell you the truth. For example, I once dated a former FA who worked for Pan Am (how many years ago was that?), and she earned around $70K annually. If one estimates inflation in today's dollars and that would be close to $110K... "you are never going to get back to that," especially at Pan Am, and probably at US too.

So Views Jester.

Reactions: 1 person
I hate to tell you this but Pan Am is out of business and has been for years!

I think there are two options... he could either lie to you or tell you the truth. For example, I once dated a former FA who worked for Pan Am (how many years ago was that?), and she earned around $70K annually. If one estimates inflation in today's dollars and that would be close to $110K... "you are never going to get back to that," especially at Pan Am, and probably at US too.

So Views Jester.

You missed the point Jester. The point is that we don't have to get back every single thing we ever had to be happy, he is assuming that we do, so there is no use in doing anything.

I think he also said, paraphased................... there is no cost advantage to having happy employees.

I hate to tell you this but Pan Am is out of business and has been for years!

Gosh, so when I posted, "especially at Pan Am". that I was intentionally being ultra-super-duber, stupeniously obvious... I hate to tell you... I was being sarcastic.

So Explains Jester.

Gosh, so when I posted, "especially at Pan Am". that I was intentionally being ultra-super-duber, stupeniously obvious... I hate to tell you... I was being sarcastic.

So Explains Jester.

Sometimes humor and sarcasm evade the man! cut him a break he overdosed on IAM Kool-Aid today. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reactions: 2 people