Ebola and Airlines

UPNAWAY

Veteran
Aug 17, 2005
DALLAS
This is going to start getting messy, litterally. Everytime someone pukes on an aircraft or gets visably sick (probabbaly happens on at least a 100 flights a day in the US), people are going to freak out and flights are going to be delayed or diverted. Would not want to be an FA over the next few moths or an aircraft cleaner for that matter either. 

capture__200319.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Glenn Quagmire said:
I was laid off for 2 weeks over SARS.

Keep stoking the fuel of a false crisis.

Hiccup

A Dallas County sheriff’s deputy who entered the apartment where the now-deceased Ebola patient stayed was hospitalized out of an “abundance of caution” Wednesday after becoming ill, officials said.
The officer, identified by multiple outlets as Sgt. Michael Monnig, was taken to urgent care  in Frisco, Texas after coming into contact with family members of Thomas Eric Duncan, the man who succumbed to the deadly virus Wednesday.

Only the beginning, only just the start, yeah
I've got to get you into my life mama, I've got to get you next to me
Only the beginning, only just the start
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah...Mmm-hmmm...

Only the beginning...Only the beginning...

Stupid irrational population of sheepies spooked by their own shadow. No different than monkeys hopping up in trees because they think a Lion might be near.

Morons need to turn of their TV's.

WeAAsles said:
Stupid irrational population of sheepies spooked by their own shadow. No different than monkeys hopping up in trees because they think a Lion might be near.

Morons need to turn of their TV's.

Never let a crisis go to waste.

Glenn Quagmire said:
Never let a good chance at creating a CT go to waste.

I have lived long enough, now, to have seen it again and again. Something goes badly wrong involving a corporation, a university, a religious denomination, or a branch of government, and the executive in charge or a designated minion goes before the press to engage in what is euphemistically called “damage control.” The spokesman does not level with the public. He or she tries to be reassuring and — more often than not — by lying, succeeds in undermining confidence in the institution he or she represents.

This is what is now going on with the Centers for Disease Control. In recent years, this well-respected outfit has branched out, opining in a politically correct manner on one issue after another outside its proper remit. Now it is faced with a matter absolutely central to its responsibilities — actual disease control — and it flips and flops and flounders because the ultimate boss, the President of the United States, cannot bring himself to put limits on contacts between Americans and the citizens of the countries in Africa where there is an Ebola epidemic.
http://ricochet.com/center-disease-control-loses-grip/

At least we'll all die politically correct.....wake up

Reactions: 1 person
Glenn Quagmire said:
Never let a good chance at creating a CT go to waste.

You refer to the CT that its more important to save the faltering economies of those West African nations rather than protect American lives via a travel ban?

Notice since your last attack the numbers of exposed are getting an exponential growth spurt.

Notice the common denominantor here is air travel.......bet that falls flat on its face in the very near future.

Last edited by a moderator:
UPNAWAY said:
This is going to start getting messy, litterally. Everytime someone pukes on an aircraft or gets visably sick (probabbaly happens on at least a 100 flights a day in the US), people are going to freak out and flights are going to be delayed or diverted. Would not want to be an FA over the next few moths or an aircraft cleaner for that matter either. 
Maybe it will get people to start handling things the way they always should have been handled. Ebola is frightening because its so deadly, but there are loads of other nasty illnesses that airline workers can contract on aircraft that when all is said and done kill lots more people here than Ebola likely will. With the way airlines pack people into aircraft they should be held responsible for making sure that people who are obviously ill are not allowed on board where some poor unsuspecting passenger who is healthy ends up squeezed against some sick person for several hours. 

Latest posts