EDI

GLA777

May 8, 2006
Glasgow
Does anyone know anything about the rumours that the new ATL-EDI has extremely low advanced bookings and the route will be given a year (from when flights went on sale) till DL decide wither to drop the route or switch it to Glasgow?

Personally I always thought EDI-Atlanta would struggle.

(The route was meant to operate daily, year round but will now only operate 4 flights per week from October)

I agree this route would struggle. There isn't much O/D between the South and Edinburgh. IIRC it's more of a tourist destination. It would appear that Glasgow would make more sense.

I agree this route would struggle. There isn't much O/D between the South and Edinburgh. IIRC it's more of a tourist destination. It would appear that Glasgow would make more sense.

Delta did say they picked EDI over GLA because they wanted more business traffic but I don’t think EDI-ATL will ever attract that much business traffic, or going by what I have herd so far I don’t think EDI-ATL will attract that much traffic at all. GLA would certainly have been a much better choice for Delta to fly to. Hopefully they will switched to GLA so that way Scotland does not lose out on Delta’s services all together.

Delta did say they picked EDI over GLA because they wanted more business traffic but I don’t think EDI-ATL will ever attract that much business traffic, or going by what I have herd so far I don’t think EDI-ATL will attract that much traffic at all. GLA would certainly have been a much better choice for Delta to fly to. Hopefully they will switched to GLA so that way Scotland does not lose out on Delta’s services all together.

The Scotsman newspaper today saying that Delta will launch Glasgow-Atlanta daily in 2007.

Back