Effort to recall Southwest Airlines union leader falters

WeAAsles

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
Long effort short, after months of painstaking work undertaken at considerable expense, a union signature verification committee announced late yesterday in a findings report obtained by the Chicago Business Journal that 3,503 signatures on the petition were deemed invalid for a variety of reasons ranging from duplicates to no employee number with the signature, incomplete date and alterations of one sort or another to the signature and date.

The number of signatures deemed to be valid on Jackson's petition totaled 4,055, far short of the 7,058 she needed to initiate a recall election.

Jackson this morning responded to the signature verification committee's findings: "We will be disputing those signatures that the committee has found invalid, as agreed upon. We feel these numbers are highly exaggerated and will defend them vigorously when we meet with the committee in the next few weeks."

https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago...airlines-union-leader-recall-effort-fail.html

Long effort short, after months of painstaking work undertaken at considerable expense, a union signature verification committee announced late yesterday in a findings report obtained by the Chicago Business Journal that 3,503 signatures on the petition were deemed invalid for a variety of reasons ranging from duplicates to no employee number with the signature, incomplete date and alterations of one sort or another to the signature and date.

The number of signatures deemed to be valid on Jackson's petition totaled 4,055, far short of the 7,058 she needed to initiate a recall election.

Jackson this morning responded to the signature verification committee's findings: "We will be disputing those signatures that the committee has found invalid, as agreed upon. We feel these numbers are highly exaggerated and will defend them vigorously when we meet with the committee in the next few weeks."

https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago...airlines-union-leader-recall-effort-fail.html
Apathy is the biggest problem in this industry, for example most people don't come to union meetings, our last election for safety position, only 16% voted. We have the local 4 coming up, probably only 24% will vote in it. So despite people complaining you can see why it is so hard to make a change in any union. So after awhile it becomes like static. So change only comes when the majority want it.

Apathy is the biggest problem in this industry, for example most people don't come to union meetings, our last election for safety position, only 16% voted. We have the local 4 coming up, probably only 24% will vote in it. So despite people complaining you can see why it is so hard to make a change in any union. So after awhile it becomes like static. So change only comes when the majority want it.

Well let’s put it this way driver. Unlike some of the Lemmings we got on here who will cheerlead for their Union even if it shot and killed a little old lady. I’m more than fine to post information that doesn’t exactly paint the most vibrant picture of my Union of choice.

This is the SWA Ramp.

7C683C58-A79F-4400-B7AF-69C296952B3A.jpeg

Well let’s put it this way driver. Unlike some of the Lemmings we got on here who will cheerlead for their Union even if it shot and killed a little old lady. I’m more than fine to post information that doesn’t exactly paint the most vibrant picture of my Union of choice.

This is the SWA Ramp.

View attachment 12090
I hear you I gotta ride the SWA bus another 19 to 20 years, and then I can hang it up.In AMFA defense at least on our local level we control our own budget, some goes to national. The only beef I have is the legal fees are to much. I eventually would like to have a T/ A to look at. But if people don't go to the union meetings, and don't vote, which I don't like our voting process, they don't have a right to ***** .

Last edited:

It's great to see a union that is able to have a recall of officers. It's one of the biggest problems with industrial unions like the TWu. Unaccountable and unelected International crooked minions like sell out Jim Little of the TWu International, responsible for the destruction of the AMT craft.
Just a blast from 2003-2004. Hasn't changed today at all.
After the unelected TWu international like Jim Little and Sunny Hall rammed the 2003 Industry Leading Concessions the largest in labor history down our throat at AA with lies of "bankruptcy will be worse". He and the TWu International took pay increases while the membership got screwed with huge paycuts and gutting the contract with still live under 15 years later, except for Parkers (Dippy Daves buddy) pay raise.

It has never changed with the TWu or any Industrial Unions to this day, Reamsters, IAm. All are Business Unions and not accountable to the members. This is why the AFl-CIo had to save the IAm at AA with the failed Association, the IAmPF is failing, and needs new money just to pay the current retirees AFTER the major cuts.....with more to come.

Dippy Dave and his TWu ramp rat fantasy "I wish I was an AMT" will be along shortly to spread more lies and AMFA hate. Too bad for Dave.

It's great to see a union that is able to have a recall of officers. It's one of the biggest problems with industrial unions like the TWu. Unaccountable and unelected International crooked minions like sell out Jim Little of the TWu International, responsible for the destruction of the AMT craft.
Just a blast from 2003-2004. Hasn't changed today at all.
After the unelected TWu international like Jim Little and Sunny Hall rammed the 2003 Industry Leading Concessions the largest in labor history down our throat at AA with lies of "bankruptcy will be worse". He and the TWu International took pay increases while the membership got screwed with huge paycuts and gutting the contract with still live under 15 years later, except for Parkers (Dippy Daves buddy) pay raise.

It has never changed with the TWu or any Industrial Unions to this day, Reamsters, IAm. All are Business Unions and not accountable to the members. This is why the AFl-CIo had to save the IAm at AA with the failed Association, the IAmPF is failing, and needs new money just to pay the current retirees AFTER the major cuts.....with more to come.

Dippy Dave and his TWu ramp rat fantasy "I wish I was an AMT" will be along shortly to spread more lies and AMFA hate. Too bad for Dave.

I really don’t have anything left to say about your obsession besides this now. What more is needed?

If AMFA Leaders (SSM&P) don’t let SWA Mechanics vote on something soon they should start a card drive and chuck (SSM$P) out on their asses as fast as they can.

I hear you I gotta ride the SWA bus another 19 to 20 years, and then I can hang it up.In AMFA defense at least on our local level we control our own budget, some goes to national. The only beef I have is the legal fees are to much. I eventually would like to have a T/ A to look at. But if people don't go to the union meetings, and don't vote, which I don't like our voting process, they don't have a right to ***** .

19 to 20 years still? You’re still a bit of a young un huh. Oh and don’t know if I’ve mentioned this but.

If AMFA Leaders (SSM&P) don’t let SWA Mechanics vote on something soon they should start a card drive and chuck (SSM$P) out on their asses as fast as they can.

I really don’t have anything left to say about your obsession besides this now. What more is needed?

I know, you can't refute my TWu statements so now it's my "obsession". It's your obsession Dippy Dave, you don't see me on the pilot threads or hardly ever on your Ramper threads degrading those who I disagree with or a class and class that I'm not in. It's almost daily for your anti-AMFA anti-AMT rants, and damn near hourly sometimes.

What more is needed?

You need help to release you from your AMFA/AMT torture, seek an EAP rep and see if they can help you get a life there in MIA besides sticking your nose on a BB where it doesn't belong.

Or maybe get all your Parker Bucks in a pile and drag your old ass to school and get an A@P or FCC license. Then you can run your ignorant mouth about what AMT's do or who they support for representation. Like the former 700, your heading down the road of a permanent Cornfield stay. You get more threads shut down than anyone. You got problems....

Last edited:
I know, you can't refute my TWu statements so now it's my "obsession". It's your obsession Dippy Dave, you don't see me on the pilot threads or hardly ever on your Ramper threads degrading those who I disagree with or a class and class that I'm not in. It's almost daily for your anti-AMFA anti-AMT rants, and damn near hourly sometimes.

What more is needed?

You need help to release you from your AMFA/AMT torture, seek an EAP rep and see if they can help you get a life there in MIA besides sticking your nose on a BB where it doesn't belong.

Or maybe get all your Parker Bucks in a pile and drag your old ass to school and get an A@P or FCC license. Then you can run your ignorant mouth about what AMT's do or who they support for representation. Like the former 700, your heading down the road of permanent a Cornfield stay. You get more threads shut down than anyone. You got problems....
If you argue with each other, that's what shuts the threads down, you could always start Hackman/ vs Weasel.

If you argue with each other, that's what shuts the threads down, you could always start Hackman/ vs Weasel.

I put him on ignore now so he’s no longer a distraction. driver not sure if you noticed but the guy only goes off the deep end really when you start to question SSM&P. Something about going after the Law Firm seems to be what really irks him?

Anyway I’m done with the guy now. He can stalk my writings as much as it gives him his kicks if he wants.

I put him on ignore now so he’s no longer a distraction. driver not sure if you noticed but the guy only goes off the deep end really when you start to question SSM&P. Something about going after the Law Firm seems to be what really irks him?

Anyway I’m done with the guy now. He can stalk my writings as much as it gives him his kicks if he wants.
Well I figured you'd tap out, that's the easy and cowardly way out Dippy Dave. You can't make your case so you quit. You can bash Seham all you wish, you still have not a stake or say in AMT representation issues. AMFA is used to frothing-at-the mouth groups and individuals on the outside of our craft and class like rampers ranting and raving then "going of the deep end" because they can't control us. I've been nose to nose with these punks, drunks, cowards, and felons before you. This, when their own Industrial Union back yard is full of skeletons and years of contractual failures. It's beyond the pale.