Egypt Looking for Change?

Ms Tree

Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
I think this is the only way a country can change it's future. They have to want it and they have to change it from with in. Change cannot be forced on a population and expect it to work. I guess it remains to be seen if the Egyptians can force Mubarak out or if he will hang on for a while longer. I do believe that Dictators/plutocracy or how ever you want to define Egypt's form of government are going to go away. With all the communication forms available these days, the younger generations are not going to just sit idly by any more. I think if Egypt falls, that will have a huge ripple effect.

Egypt unrest

If they can figure out out to organize, they might just pull it off.

Reactions: 3 people
I think this is the only way a country can change it's future. They have to want it and they have to change it from with in. Change cannot be forced on a population and expect it to work. I guess it remains to be seen if the Egyptians can force Mubarak out or if he will hang on for a while longer. I do believe that Dictators/plutocracy or how ever you want to define Egypt's form of government are going to go away. With all the communication forms available these days, the younger generations are not going to just sit idly by any more. I think if Egypt falls, that will have a huge ripple effect.

Egypt unrest

If they can figure out out to organize, they might just pull it off.

How 'bout we send them Nobama..............he's all about change and we sure as hell don't need him !

Reactions: 4 people
How 'bout we send them Nobama..............he's all about change and we sure as hell don't need him !
I think we all get it now...you hate your President.

Must you relate every thread/comment into some kind of Obama hate rhetoric.

Geez, give it a rest and try and come up with a thoughtful comment on a very important subject.

Back to the thread...

I think we are indeed seeing the start of something big over there. With Tunisia, and now Egypt starting to boil, we may see a similar shakeup similar to the events in Eastern Europe in the 1990's.

If they do decide to dump Mubarak I hope they don't trade one oppressor for another like the Iranians did.

Reactions: 2 people
I have not followed the Wiki leak thing. Was there anything that implicated Egypt?

Reactions: 1 person
I think we all get it now...you hate your President.

Must you relate every thread/comment into some kind of Obama hate rhetoric.

Geez, give it a rest and try and come up with a thoughtful comment on a very important subject.

Back to the thread...

I think we are indeed seeing the start of something big over there. With Tunisia, and now Egypt starting to boil, we may see a similar shakeup similar to the events in Eastern Europe in the 1990's.

You seem fairly intelligent Tech, so tell me what Obama's campaign "Buzz Word" was ?

If you able to figure it out, then you might be able to figure out why I referenced him in this topic !

Now, if you "Can't" figure it out , just admit it and I'll be more than happy to enlighten you !

So much for the idea of rational conversation. The comparison would be funny were to not for the fact that is so incredibly stupid.

Reactions: 3 people
This is funny. You know what the administration wants to say but politically they cannot. Mubarak needs to pack his bags and get the flock out of Cairo.
In Washington, White House Spokesman Robert Gibbs said Egypt remains "a close ally," while stressing the importance of universal rights for the Egyptian people. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton urged the Egyptian government to allow peaceful protests instead of cracking down.

Rock and hard place

Reactions: 1 person
I thought may be you found something I did not.

I have her on ignore as well. Her insults and rants have lost their entertainment value. With the ignore function I don't even have to see her posts anymore.

Reactions: 2 people