Emergency aboard Delta flight: Plane fills with smoke, passengers rushed to exits

Frantic? Pls. Looks pretty orderly to me. Non event. Handled well as far as I can tell.

and what connection carrier would this be?  Title stated Delta flight, and not Delta operated flight.

OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO)

The video was shot by Linton Johnson, a passenger onboard the Delta connection Flight 4454, which was operated by SkyWest. Johnson said on his Facebook page that the plane's cabin filled with smoke and that the flight attendants yelled at passengers to exit the plane. The video shows a chaotic scene.

Looked pretty tame to me.

The whole reason that they yell is to cause a controlled panic so that they exit. By remaining calm causes people to stay seated and await directions thus burning up like the Kansas City fire years ago. As you can tell he was "panicking "while filming the whole thing.

metopower said:
The whole reason that they yell is to cause a controlled panic so that they exit. By remaining calm causes people to stay seated and await directions thus burning up like the Kansas City fire years ago. As you can tell he was "panicking "while filming the whole thing.

What Kansas City fire was that?

The flight attendants were doing what they had been instructed to do.  Get people off the plane.  We are told in Emergency Procedures Training each  year that, yes, there are set commands we are supposed to shout.  However, if people are not responding or not responding quickly enough to shout whatever will get them off the plane.

Back