Employees to get 15 percent of Delta's equity after merger

Thanks!

I'm betting you will still keep your sick time that has been banked.

I sure hope that's how it works out...

Dick and Doug will definitely try to divide and conquer the workgroups and will cause chaos.

Already happening.

My friend tells me that they will lose as far as benefits and money and work rules if they lose the IAM representation . I can't really speak on that, cause our ramp is not union either, but had to ask anyone from the NW or Delta sides if that is true?

Yes, it is.

Who pays better and has the better work rules? I

DL has a marginally better base rate, but NW has vacation/benefits that are light years ahead of DL's... At the end of the day, the NWA workers are much further ahead financially than their counterparts at the Widget.

Just curious. You thing that Dougie and Dickie will try to close up more stations and use DAL Global there - especially on the regional end? I'm just talking only on the ramp side only.

There is no question. If they can get away with it, they will. Remember, DL has only ~15 cities staffed with mainline ramp, and NW wanted to outsource every city except MSP & DTW. That's not going to change all of the sudden.

Sorry I havent responded sooner I have been off work for a little while and am having back surgery tomorrow so I will be out of the loop for a while longer. But as of the last I heard DAL got more than they needed with early outs and early retirements this last go around so there will be no furloughs (and this is only for inflight I am sorry but I have no idea on other departments). Unless the economy continues its nose dive we this merger should avoid any new job losses. That is of course a big IF. We will just have to wait and see. I hope that if congress acts soon that maybe it will at least keep the current traffic flow going and maybe soon turn things around.
Thanks for the info Cooper and I also wish you well with a successful and speedy recovery from your surgery. :)

The IAM-AW folks from Detroit have been hitting the local bars here in ATL pretty hard buying rounds and getting cards (and they gave me a B.S whistle to blow- We have A foul on the play illegal use of dangling the carrot ,that will be a 20 minute penalty added to the end of the lunch).
Thanks IAM i'm having fun with it.

P.S. I was IAM-AW before I came to the big D.

Everyone received their shares yesterday.

For those that had the '93 stock still in their 401ks, that was converted as well...

As for the math?

Well, since 0430 yesterday, the value is off 10%. Hooray!

Everyone received their shares yesterday.

For those that had the '93 stock still in their 401ks, that was converted as well...

As for the math?

Well, since 0430 yesterday, the value is off 10%. Hooray!
So, if you had 364 shares of NW stock, you should now have 910?
If so, you say it's 10% light, how'd that happen? Is anyone acknowledging it? Maybe they are fazing it in like NW did after BK.

So, if you had 364 shares of NW stock, you should now have 910?
If so, you say it's 10% light, how'd that happen? Is anyone acknowledging it? Maybe they are fazing it in like NW did after BK.

The number of shares is the same, the cumulative value of them just went down (sounds familiar, no?).

I was issued 322 shares of stock (that was the net amount, anyway; they withheld quite a bit for taxes). When it was deposited, it was worth ~$4100. as for right now, it's worth $3730....

$4100. as for right now, it's worth $3730....

Yah, thanks to that overwhelming "warm and fuzzy" feeling on wall street the day after the "one" got elected. What does that tell you? :down:

Yah, thanks to that overwhelming "warm and fuzzy" feeling on wall street the day after the "one" got elected. What does that tell you? :down:

Come on dopes, you can say it......
Try it....Obama
go ahead and say it...Obama.

geezzz the "one" give me a break.

Two things:

It tells me that I would prefer to have my compensation in an hourly wage locked in by the terms of a CBA.

It tells me that the market fell on a poor report about job loss in October... That'd be on Bush's watch, by the way.

Maybe you should read a paper once in awhile.

exactly, there is just no evidence an election will cause the market to move one way or another, the conclusion would have to be the current economic state.

One thing is for sure: When they sell, YOU sell asap. Got rid of mine @ $11.02.

Delta president sells $1M in stock

"On Oct. 31, Bastian, who is also the new Northwest CEO, sold 100,000 shares for $1.04 million ($10.45 per share), according to a Nov. 4 SEC filing. New Delta Chief Financial Officer Hank Halter sold more than 64,000 shares worth about $694,000 ($10.75 per share)."

One thing is for sure: When they sell, YOU sell asap. Got rid of mine @ $11.02.

Delta president sells $1M in stock

"On Oct. 31, Bastian, who is also the new Northwest CEO, sold 100,000 shares for $1.04 million ($10.45 per share), according to a Nov. 4 SEC filing. New Delta Chief Financial Officer Hank Halter sold more than 64,000 shares worth about $694,000 ($10.75 per share)."

WOW, It sure isn't a good impression when the top guys are selling. Do they not have any faith in their new venture? :unsure: